Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,104 members, 7,845,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? (3010 Views)

Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba / You Are Peacemakers With Automatic Tickets To Heaven, IGP Tells Officers / Ortom: Buhari Is Working With Fulani To Take Over Nigeria (Video, Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by SouthEastFacts: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Buhari does not have dangerous idea. You have not studied Buhari well to understand who he is. You are responding from a position of cognitive bias.

Buhari is a conservatist. Every nation prays to have someone like Buhari in leadership. I sincerely wish we have a Buhari in Yorubaland.

Buhari's problem is he is daring. Thats his only issue. His daring moves elevates risks and encroaches on other people margin of comfort. But he also knows to back off when people bark back at him.

We will need to continue to bark at him and keep him behind lines every time he crosses it. Thats how to dialogue with Buhari and keep the balance.

Please write this down so you can reference in future.

In fact I wish there are three Buharis in Yorubaland.

Study your leaders and know them thoroughly so you can speak objectively in public about them.
You are a Yoruba moslem, I would have been surprised if you had supported my views.

You guys are the weak link in the South and the reason Buhari is embolden every day.
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 10:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

You are a Yoruba moslem, I would have been surprised if you had supported my views.

You guys are the weak link in the South and the reason Buhari is embolden every day.

You are disillusioned.
Every society has a diversity, whether in religion, in culture, in community, in ideology and so on. Ibo is an exception.
You are not tolerant of other religious practices, you are not tolerant of your own people with roots in other states, you are discriminatory to your women and girls, your viewpoints are locked in, narrow and deviant from mainstream. Yet you deceive yourself that you are a strong link in South. You can deceive your attached SS...SW is too sophisticated to fit in your narrow definition of strength.

Bloody Onitsha bridge head tout. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by SouthEastFacts: 11:20pm On Jul 05, 2019
MetaPhysical:

You are disillusioned.
Every society has a diversity, whether in religion, in culture, in community, in ideology and so on. Ibo is an exception.
You are not tolerant of other religious practices, you are not tolerant of your own people with roots in other states, you are discriminatory to your women and girls, your viewpoints are locked in, narrow and deviant from mainstream. Yet you deceive yourself that you are a strong link in South. You can deceive your attached SS...SW is too sophisticated to fit in your narrow definition of strength.

Bloody Onitsha bridge head tout. grin grin
Your rant doesn't hide the fact that yoruba moslems are the weak links in the south.

Just gather 100 southerners including your christian brothers and ask them that question.
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 11:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Your rant doesn't hide the fact that yoruba moslems are the weak links in the south.

Just gather 100 southerners including your christian brothers and ask them that question.

Yorubas dont care about your sentiments in religion. Do you forget a Yorubaman brought christianity to your land? So how are you going to dictate religious creeds to those that civilized you with the Bible?
grin

1 Like

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by SouthEastFacts: 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Yorubas dont care about your sentiments in religion. Do you forget a Yorubaman brought christianity to your land? So how are you going to dictate religious creeds to those that civilized you with the Bible?
grin
This one is drunk with cow pee. Bloody revisionists.

Yorubas Christians don't care so much about religion but not their moslem brothers. A yoruba moslem is more loyal to islam than to his yoruba heritage.

Some Yoruba moslems don't rent apartment to their Christian brothers. Yoruba moslem families don't give out their daughter to a christian man like their Christians give out their daughters.

Last year, premium times carried how yoruba moslems were killing their christian brothers, raping their women and burning churches in Ilorin during Cross Over service
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2019
grin grin
Typical Ibo! Ibo and anything fake go together. They will even make up conjectures and package it as news. Please bring the premium times report lets fact check.
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by Rekhina(f): 12:22am On Jul 06, 2019
MetaPhysical:

By who? Tell me. Did he touch you down there? Tell the mofo' im on my way.... grin

Dia bad food !
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 12:26am On Jul 06, 2019
Rekhina:

Dia bad food !

No pepper? grin
Flat and tasteless. Start an African Grocery store over there and import pepper and good food from here to sell to arabs.
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by jamace(m): 7:18am On Jul 06, 2019
THERE SHALL BE NO WAR IF ...

by

Moses Oludele Idowu

Some people think Nigeria is headed for war. I read an article this morning about The Civil War This Time...
But hear me and hear me well: THERE SHALL BE NO WAR EXCEPT THE SOUTHERNERS, ESPECIALLY THE YORUBAS FAILED TO DO THE. NEEDFUL.

I have not seen a war. I do not see a war. And there shall be no war if the people of the South especially the Yorubas will do what is needful and what is required of them.
This is the path of plain logic and where it leads me.
I will explain because the real article is still coming.
Now ask yourself this question: Why do people engage in war?

1. Because one party feels he is in a position to win or strong enough to win.
2. Because of irreconcilable differences...
3. To address injustice and oppression etc.

Now the number one reason is the most important. No matter the injustice you don't attack an enemy when there is no chance of winning. There is just no way.
Thus the most potent reason for war is WEAKNESS.
WEAKNESS invites aggression and war. Have you noticed that the student who is quiet and easy going is also the one everyone wants to fight - even the girls.
Thus the worst and the number one cause of war is to be Weak, indecisive, confused, incoherent etc.

Why did Hitler attack France, Britain and Russia? Because they feared war and made concession with Hitler making themselves weak in the process while Hitler became strong. That history belongs to another day.
Why did Hitler spare Switzerland? Because it is a strong and wel fortified nation.

Why did Jordan joined Egypt and Syria to attack Israel in 1967 but refused to join them in 1973?
Because having lost West Bank and Jerusalem the only thing left to lose is the capital and probably King Hussein's crown.

Why has the Syrians and Egypt not tried that gamble again to attack Israel since 1973 instead Egypt has made peace with Israel?
Because having lost tragically the last time it is suicidal attempting such because Israel is a strong nation. In the 1973 war Israel soldiers wiped out entire Third Army of Egypt, crossed the SuezCanal and were on their way to take Cairo - they were 19 kilometres to Cairo when UN motivated by Russia issued a Cease-fire.

That is Dominion.

That is my Central thesis which I want all Southern people to grasp: Peace is not achieved by negotiation or pleadings or begging. Peace is achieved by making it difficult to wage war.
Peace is achieved y making it costly to wage war.

When a nation loses a whole division of an army and lost more land then you don't need to appeal to her not to fight again.

Thus the real temptation to the Fulqnis is the weakness and disunity of the SOUTHERNERS especially the Yorubas.

To prevent war Be Strong. To avert war be very strong. That is all.

The fulani has a right to plan. They have a right to seek for a West African nation that will house all fulanis and Arabs in the world. It is within their right to seek and plan for their own progress. It is also within my own plan to safeguard my land against attack and made it so costly both in cash and kind, both in blood and property for anyone to ever think of attacking me
It is all about Strategy. It is about Tacboulah - the Hebrew word for strategy which General Sharon tells us he had always used and has never failed him.

So it is very easy really.

Has any nation ever attacked America? Only once in 1941 on a Sunday morning. But Japanese are still regretting that attack till today, and generations of Japanese will regret it. They wished they hadn't done it.

That is power. Make it so costly for anyone to even attempt to strike at you. Then peace is guaranteed.
America made Cuba miserable. They treated Castro like a dog not a ruler. They blockade the whole nation by land and sea and air and stopped them from engaging in trade or receiving help from other nation. "You have sugarcane, so eat your sugarcane"..
America! That is Dominion. Why did Cuba not fight or engage in war against America? Because the likelihood of success is zero.
And that is why there was no war!

Did you get the logic.

Today Yorubas are being kidnapped in their own local government and their women are being raped and vowing not to come to Nigeria again.
And what measure have Yorubas provided for this?

Nothing! Except big grammar, euphemism, garrulity, as if battles are won on the pages of newspapers.
No coherent: systematic and well-defined approach to address the issues and make the troublers pay dearly for their crimes. They are appealing to Federal Government and to police ...

Indeed, God taketh the crafty in their craftiness. So if insecurity continues it is not the fault of the herdsmen or fulani, it is the fault of the people who refused to defend themselves which the law provides for. If there is war it is because the fulani feel they. An win because they perceive the other as weak because they made themselves weak.
So I do not see a war but there could be war if the Yorubas continue in the attiude of passivity and indifference as they have been doing. Today Yorubas are divided. No coherent and Clarion voice to rally around. No ringing voice to listen to....
Everywhere it is echoes I here, the timid and frightful cockoo of a frightened chicken. No confidence. Lacking in assurance.
Today the Ibos are one on this issue and are ready. The Ijaws are one and have spoken, the Rivers have spoken in clear and unmistakable language for even the deaf to hear...
What about the Yorubas?
They are organizing ... while their highways and forests are being enciricled and surrounded.

Joseph warned Pharaoh of a tragedy that is coming but it could be averted. Pharaoh listened and took advice and saved a nation from tragedy.
Again I warn Yorubas: wake up. Your weakness and disunity invite agression and is too tempting for war.
What then is to be done?
Simple: Let every community, every town and village set up its own militia of the natives of that town across religious lines. Made up of able- bodied persons according to the population. Their primary responsibility is their town and nothing else. That is allowed, a group of natives have a right to secure their town and their forests and farmland. Those towns have been before Nigeria came to be and in a crisis the last to come is the first to be laid off.
Let each Yoruba community have this. Same for all including Northern states that are being terrorised. Robbers came to Offa and killed 50 persons in one day. People going to their work in their own town without rioting or fighting. But if Offa people have had their own local militia of even 400 all armed even with Dane guns and matchets not a single one of those rascals would have escaped alive. You got the logic?
The people who are kidnapping are doing that because they are the only ones who have access to military grade weapons and other weapons. And no one is Confronting them. Instead our own government is asking us, we the people, to surrender our guns and other weapons. Sometimes this government by it's policy statements astounds me.
In the light of these let each community begins without further delay.
We shall take it from there.

I am your compatriot

Copyright© Moses Oludele Idowu ( Jul 3, 2019)

Gbam�

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2019
Very good article by Moses Idowu.
Thanks to Jamace for posting here.
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by Deadlytruth(m): 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Yar'adua was a fulani and he owed cows but was never a terrorist or ethnic champion like Buhari.

Every northern household owes at least one cow and they graze them.

Always use your head. It not about Buhari being a fulani. It is about him having dangerous agenda.
It is obvious your claims about Yaradua are products of default propaganda aimed at political correctness.
Yaradua was a big ethnic champion and religious bigot. You have forgotten that he was among the first governors who signed Shariah into law in their respective states in the North in 2000. The same Yaradua was busy chasing Niger Delta militants with JTF for allegedly posing a security risk while his own tribe's militia (Fulani Herdsmen) were having a field day unharrassed by his government. The same Yaradua appointed his Kinsman, Rilwan Lukman, as Petroleum minister despite that one had no cognate qualification or experience. I can go on and on.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2019
Deadlytruth:

It is obvious your claims about Yaradua are products of default propaganda aimed at political correctness.
Yaradua was a big ethnic champion and religious bigot. You have forgotten that he was among the first governors who signed Shariah into law in their respective states in the North in 2000. The same Yaradua was busy chasing Niger Delta militants with JTF for allegedly posing a security risk while his own tribe's militia (Fulani Herdsmen) were having a field day unharrassed by his government. The same Yaradua appointed his Kinsman, Rilwan Lukman, as Petroleum minister despite that one had no cognate qualification or experience. I can go on and on.

These people have a deficient understanding of the characters that occupy leadership. They guzzle the bullshyyte fed to them by ambitious journalists with aim to engineer and suppress independent thought. The same journalists sold Atiku as a "detribalised" Nigerian, simply for chopping tribal pussy all over Nigeria. ....but Atiku preserves his own daughters (he has well over a dozen) exlusively for Arewa and steers them away from infidels in South. detribalized indeed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by Deadlytruth(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
MetaPhysical:

These people have a deficient understanding of the characters that occupy leadership. They guzzle the bullshyyte fed to them by ambitious journalists with aim to engineer and suppress independent thought. The same journalists sold Atiku as a "detribalised" Nigerian, simply for chopping tribal pussy all over Nigeria. ....but Atiku preserves his own daughters (he has well over a dozen) exlusively for Arewa and steers them away from infidels in South. detribalized indeed!
They are very suceptible to brainwashing thus easily believe the exact opposite of what they see with their own eyes.
The biggest political fraud is the crediting of anyone with detribalization.
In addition to your revelation about Atiku's dubious detribalization credentials, the same Atiku generated the idea which led to the setting up of EFCC and had the offer of pioneer chairmanship of the commission offered to a fellow Adamawan in the person of Nuhu Ribadu's father who declined it on account of old age. Then Atiku dropped it on his son's laps as if it was a hereditary position. On top of that he positioned Ibrahim Lamorde, another Adamawan, as Nuhu Ribadu's deputy, with many other most important positions in the hands of Northerners such that till today EFCC has never been headed by a Southerner and never likely to be. So much for a detribalized and liberal Atiku.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
Deadlytruth:

They are very suceptible to brainwashing thus easily believe the exact opposite of what they see with their own eyes.
The biggest political fraud is the crediting of anyone with detribalization.
In addition to your revelation about Atiku's dubious detribalization credentials, the same Atiku generated the idea which led to the setting up of EFCC and had the offer of pioneer chairmanship of the commission offered to a fellow Adamawan in the person of Nuhu Ribadu's father who declined it on account of old age. Then Atiku dropped it on his son's laps as if it was a hereditary position. On top of that he positioned Ibrahim Lamorde, another Adamawan, as Nuhu Ribadu's deputy, with many other most important positions in the hands of Northerners such that till today EFCC has never been headed by a Southerner and never likely to be. So much for a detribalized and liberal Atiku.

grin
I can't even fathom any sensible Nigerian believing there are detribalized Nigerians. If they had sense they should know that if you have a tribe in Nigeria then you are not detribalized, and can never be. It is like saying Cocacola is detribalized commodity because it is found in every town in Africa. So why hasn't Cocacola put an African as CEO in all its years of successful sale in Africa and prove its detribalism? grin grin

If it were possible people's skull should be opened and their brain taken out since all they need is heart to relate emotionally, the brain is of no use to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 1:59am On Jul 12, 2019
I will be adding to the awareness series this weekend. Make sure you follow this thread.

Im going to share why Fulani is an authority in Nigeria. grin
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by wowcatty: 2:29am On Jul 12, 2019
What is the response of our leaders at the meetings? It's not going to make much difference anyway, the fact that people are not protesting fulani herdsmen brandishing assault rifles all over people's backyards shows our leaders are the problem.
MetaPhysical:
By meeting with MACBAN for security, our governors and traditional rulers are made to believe that MACBAN has the solution for partnership to end insecurity. Insecurity should not have occurred to begin with if they had not failed early on to take decisive action against Fulani herders. The constitution allows for all Nigerians to be everywhere but it does not approve of rape, murder, arson, kidnapping everywhere....or anywhere! So Fulani herders have contravened the spirit and letters of the constitution and must be barred from everywhere they are a threat to the society and its culture. That's what advocates of the Nigerian Constitution must do. Those who meet with MACBAN are advocating Fulani Constitution, not Nigerian Constitution.....and Fulani Constitution are things I already outlined in last post.

If there are problems in motor parks across Yorubaland and women are raped, passengers are robbed, passers by are gunned down, then NURTW says these things are happening because of some bad members and since every labour union have bad elements in them it sees nothing wrong with the reports coming from motor parks, will Governors and traditional rulers across Yorubaland start meeting with NURTW as a security partner?

Those who meet with MACBAN whether in Yorubaland, in Iboland, in MiddleBelt, and partnering with them for security have concluded that MACBAN, a union of Fulani cow herders that rape Yoruba, Ibo, Tiv, Idoma, Jukun women and kill their sons are also the solutions and they should be begged, instead of arrested and imprisoned. In effect our authority figures are endorsing acts of rape and murder when they sit in same room and negotiate peace with criminals sponsoring take over of their culture and homeland.

If Nigeria must END...so be it, let it END! Whose loss? We want our authority figures to desist from any future meeting or association with MACBAN, and whatever agreements and concessions they have already given to MACBAN should be nulled and trashed! MACBAN is not the security authority for Nigeria and the security of Nigeria is not in their hand. Issue order (not warning....enough warnings please!).....ISSUE ORDER and instruct that any Fulani herder coming into your land does so at his own risk. If his presence or action leads to any loss or injury in the land he will be summarily killed....not arrested, but KILLED!

Again, if Nigeria must END....let it END! Terror for Terror!

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by FarahAideed: 2:37am On Jul 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:
I will be adding to the awareness series this weekend. Make sure you follow this thread.

Im going to share why Fulani is an authority in Nigeria. grin

You are a smart man but I still don't get why any smart person will support a bad character like Buhari? Survival?
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 3:44am On Jul 12, 2019
FarahAideed:

You are a smart man but I still don't get why any smart person will support a bad character like Buhari? Survival?

grin grin
We cannot leave the country without a leader. We must have someone there to lead.

Prior to PDP primary in Port Harcourt I spoke up numerously and cautioned that to defeat Buhari a Christian Northerner must emerge. Yoruba will go with any religion, particularly a MiddleBelter, because we have our own people in MiddleBelt. But SE delegates at the primary ignored Christian candidates and voted Muslim Fulani. You should first clear your hands from Atiku's victory before you query me on Buhari's victory. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
Look in this thread tomorroow for an interesting review. Im going to talk from Yoruba angle but if it fits your ethnic group please apply it wisely.

You will love what you read here, I guarantee you. grin
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 6:45am On Jul 14, 2019
May the soul of Mrs Funke Olakunrin rest in peace!

Her death is a loss to Yoruba Nation. Why so? The answer lies in the relationship between the people, their leadership and authority bestowed on the leadership.

Yoruba culture is arranged around a leadership in the center - whether a dynastic head, a symbolic head that rose through consensual acceptance by the people, or simply one forced upon us by statutory mandates. The role of a leader is to maintain balance between extreme positions and burden of demands placed on the community as an outcome of interactive exchanges between the people. In other words, exchanges between different people in the community will raise distrusts, accusations, prejudice, rivalry, envy, and so on...and ends in chaos and confrontations. Therefore the head serves as the agent that keeps orderliness and harmony in society. To do this effectively he will fit the role of Policeman, the Judge and the Priest! In Yorubaland there are actually deities that occupy these positions. The head cannot do it all alone so he keeps a council of helpers. But so that the headship is not corrupted with the chaos and confrontations bedeviling society he places immunity to buffer and keep the council sacred. This sacredness and immunity is what we loosely call division of powers. The Oba, the Ogboni and the Esho - Priest, Judge, Police! These three arms of traditional Yoruba headship rule by power of authority. A leader must have authority! So now, what is authority?

Authority is relative and must always be willfully negotiated, contracted and agreed....it must be available for review every so often for needed changes. Authority is delegation....that is, I am surrendering my interests and needs to the trust of someone with whom I share a joint hold in risks and gains. It is very important to understand this explanation.

All Yoruba jointly share in risks and gains confronting Yoruba. All Igbo jointly share in risks and gains confronting Igbo. All Hausa/Fulani jointly share in risks and gains confronting Hausa/Fulani. A Yoruba does not share ownership in the Igbo and Hausa/Fulani risks and gains, and neither does any of them share in ours...to each his own! However, if we are interested in co-owning Igbo and Hausa/Fulani risks and gains, then we must step out from under the Yoruba headship and enter into a bigger domain known as Nigeria, the headship of which is central also and resides in Abuja.

In the Nigerian domain where we share risks and gains, what are the contracts each of the ethnic tribes willfully negotiated and agreed to with the headship in Abuja? Did SS negotiate to have 87% of of its resources become a national gain...or was this forced on them at gun point? Are the risks suffered by people in SS also shared at the ratio of 13% to 87%? The produce in SE is a gain to all in Nigeria...but what about their risks, is it borne by all as well or are the people left to carry their own risks and burdens? What produce is Hausa/Fulani bringing to the table for co-ownership by all? What risks are you sharing with all? Under the common domain, Nigeria, is there fairness, is there equity, is there peerage?

Yoruba can turn away from the common domain and survive underneath its own central headship and grow progressively in co-ownership within its own peerage across length and breadth of Yorubaland. We can consider Nigeria to be a benefit if through that union our risks and burdens is a load carried by others in similar way that our gains are received by them. We know this is not the case because we are the only region that carry everybody's load.

So in summary, leadership is key but authority is supreme!

I will talk about the different dimensions of authority next.

To be continued...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 7:02am On Jul 14, 2019
Whenever Nigeria does something to Yoruba in which Yoruba feels it is a risk to challenge the issue, then Yoruba, by that inaction, has delegated domination over itself.

Domination is a dimension of authority. Relationships should be managed by expectations and understandings. When someone steps out of the expectations it results in undesired outcomes and diminishes the relationship. Therefore when unexpected behaviors are tolerated worse outcomes can be expected. When the worse outcomes themselves are tolerated then the relationship is no longer that between peers, it is now between a dominant bully and the docile victim.

More dimensions of authority ahead.

To be continued....
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by AfonjaConehead: 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
MetaPhysical:
May the soul of Mrs Funke Olakunrin rest in peace!

Her death is a loss to Yoruba Nation. Why so? The answer lies in the relationship between the people, their leadership and authority bestowed on the leadership.

Yoruba culture is arranged around a leadership in the center - whether a dynastic head, a symbolic head that rose through consensual acceptance by the people, or simply one forced upon us by statutory mandates. The role of a leader is to maintain balance between extreme positions and burden of demands placed on the community as an outcome of interactive exchanges between the people. In other words, exchanges between different people in the community will raise distrusts, accusations, prejudice, rivalry, envy, and so on...and ends in chaos and confrontations. Therefore the head serves as the agent that keeps orderliness and harmony in society. To do this effectively he will fit the role of Policeman, the Judge and the Priest! In Yorubaland there are actually deities that occupy these positions. The head cannot do it all alone so he keeps a council of helpers. But so that the headship is not corrupted with the chaos and confrontations bedeviling society he places immunity to buffer and keep the council sacred. This sacredness and immunity is what we loosely call division of powers. The Oba, the Ogboni and the Esho - Priest, Judge, Police! These three arms of traditional Yoruba headship rule by power of authority. A leader must have authority! So now, what is authority?

Authority is relative and must always be willfully negotiated, contracted and agreed....it must be available for review every so often for needed changes. Authority is delegation....that is, I am surrendering my interests and needs to the trust of someone with whom I share a joint hold in risks and gains. It is very important to understand this explanation.

All Yoruba jointly share in risks and gains confronting Yoruba. All Igbo jointly share in risks and gains confronting Igbo. All Hausa/Fulani jointly share in risks and gains confronting Hausa/Fulani. A Yoruba does not share ownership in the Igbo and Hausa/Fulani risks and gains, and neither does any of them share in ours...to each his own! However, if we are interested in co-owning Igbo and Hausa/Fulani risks and gains, then we must step out from under the Yoruba headship and enter into a bigger domain known as Nigeria, the headship of which is central also and resides in Abuja.

In the Nigerian domain where we share risks and gains, what are the contracts each of the ethnic tribes willfully negotiated and agreed to with the headship in Abuja? Did SS negotiate to have 87% of of its resources become a national gain...or was this forced on them at gun point? Are the risks suffered by people in SS also shared at the ratio of 13% to 87%? The produce in SE is a gain to all in Nigeria...but what about their risks, is it borne by all as well or are the people left to carry their own risks and burdens? What produce is Hausa/Fulani bringing to the table for co-ownership by all? What risks are you sharing with all? Under the common domain, Nigeria, is there fairness, is there equity, is there peerage?

Yoruba can turn away from the common domain and survive underneath its own central headship and grow progressively in co-ownership within its own peerage across length and breadth of Yorubaland. We can consider Nigeria to be a benefit if through that union our risks and burdens is a load carried by others in similar way that our gains are received by them. We know this is not the case because we are the only region that carry everybody's load.

So in summary, leadership is key but authority is supreme!

I will talk about the different dimensions of authority next.

To be continued...

shattap there and enjoy ya change

grin
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by AfonjaConehead: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
MetaPhysical:

There were two Fulani running for President, they both own cows. Buhari own 150 cows, Atiku own over 1000 cows. They are both MACBAN Grand Patrons. Both have their herd of cows grazed by ak47 and machette wielding fulani herder.

Tell me how you would have voted a non-fiulani in last election. Im waiting.... grin

were all the presidential candidates fulanis?

tell us. We are waiting patiently.... grin
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 11:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
This was one of my awareness series to demistify fulani. This was before Mrs Olakunrin's murder by fulani herdsmen.

I paused to honor her and to defend my people against barbaric animals.

I shall continue this series with time.

They are hoping that Yorubas will vent and once exhausted other events will take over and everyone will forget and we will be back to business as ususal. Wrong!

Im not a venter but am an awakener, and we have now crossed a a timeline in which my work will become even more meaningful and influential in revealing things which are overloaded with plots and schemes but ordinarily would pass for normal. Follow me on this thread.
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 5:59am On Jul 19, 2019
My people.
Forest reserves in SW are already occupied with a build up of herdsmen and kidnappers carrying assault rifles.

These people are same as the ones in face off with police and military in Zamfara.

Has it occurred to any of you that the large supply of assault rifles and ammunitions gifted by Ibikunle Amosun to the Fulani commandant of the Army Barrack could have been recycled as gifts to fulani herders and bandits in Yoruba forests?

The foolishness of Yoruba Governors!

Let me awaken my brothers and sisters to an early morning reflection.

The Governors in each state is the CSO for that state. Correct?

Thats only on paper! Your State Governor's order to Security Officers in his State can be defied. Have you not seen how ordinary IGP even recall a Governor's security detail and leave the State Executive exposed to security risks?

So the claim that a Governor is CSO of a state is only ceremonial. Governors have no power to unilaterally execute security discretions without Abuja's approval.

Now, what stops the bandits in our forests from attacking Government House and overthrowing the State Executive?

Who is going to stop them?

Food for thought... grin
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 11:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
JOY ANIGBOGU

Lagos – The Southern and Middle Belt Forum leaders made up of Afenifere, pan Yoruba socio-cultural organization, Ohaneze Ndigbo, Igbo socio-cultural organization, Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) and Middle Belt Forum have written to Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar, former head State, declining to participation in a roundtable on national issues and security which is scheduled to begin on Monday because of the inclusion of Miyetti Allah group and Gan Allah Fulani Development Association as participants.

The leaders had in joint letter sent to Abdulsalami Abubakar which was made available to Daily Independent on Sunday declined to participate in the roundtable scheduled to start on Monday, expressed their displeasure to participate in the meeting which was expected to have the leaders, Arewa Consultative Forum, Northern Elders Forum and service chiefs in attendance to discuss issues of security.

The leaders in the letter stated that it was shocked to have discovered that the meeting would include Miyetti Allah and Gan Allah Fulani Development Association. It said that it did not know the members of the Gan Allah Fulani Development Association and that lumping of Miyetti Allah ,a trade association for cattle herders whose members had been accused of various violations of human rights across the country sent worrying signal to them.

The letter reads, “Greetings to you from the leaders of Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum.We individually received your invitation to the event holding in Minna between 29th and 30th July ,2019. We thank you for your interest in the affairs of our country which made us to accept your invitation in good faith. It was in the thick of our preparations for the journey that details of the roundtable came to our attention.

Some aspect of which has necessitated this last minute communication. We observed that the roundtable will have in attendance all the National Security Heads ,Chief of Defence Staff and notable Nigerians. Underscoring the high level of the consultations. We however noticed further that in your category of Socio-cultural organisations invited ,you listed the following: PANDEF, Afenifere, Ohaneze Ndigbo, Middle Belt Forum, Arewa Consultative Forum, Northern Elder Forum. We were comfortable up to that point until we saw Gan Allah Fulani Development Association and Miyetti Allah.

“While we do not know the members of the first group, the lumping of Miyetti Allah, a trade association for cattle herders and whose members have been accused of various violations of rights across the country sends a worrying signal to us. It falls into the categorisation of our respected socio-cultural platforms with Miyetti Allah by Presidential Spokesman, Garba Shehu. We consider the above a grave insult on our bodies and our coming to a roundtable with the group would mean acquiescence to the narrative that put us in the same bracket with those wielding illegal AK-47 all over the country and inflicting terror on fellow citizens.

Even if the above was not the case with Miyetti Allah , bringing a trade group like them in the same vehicle with the nationalities organisations would not have been appropriate as there are organisations of their category for fishermen, farmers, spare parts dealers, and poultry owners among others across Nigeria who are not invited.

Towards this end, we decline participation in the roundtable as scheduled without prejudice to your peace-building effort which is appreciated. We equally regret any inconvenience our decision may cause you as we know the efforts that go into putting events such as this together. Be rest assured of our cooperation in all efforts and dialogues to make Nigeria peaceful, secure and forward-moving provided they are organised in a way that does not subtract from our dignity and value” it read.

The letter was signed by Chief Edwin Clark on behalf of PANDEF, chief Ayo Adebanjo for Afenifere, Dr. Nnia Nwodo for Ohaneze and Dr. Pogu Butrus for Middle Belt Forum.

https://www.independent.ng/southern-middle-belt-leaders-forum-decline-participation-in-roundtable/
Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 11:19pm On Jul 28, 2019
May God bless these Southern and Middle Belt Leaders for standing upright and rejected to sit in any national socio cultural meeting with cattle breeders union.

Governors that have been meeting qith them need to take example from this. Macban amd all other cattle breeders by any name are just like fish sellers and onion sellers and gari sellers in market. Gari sellers do not terrorize us, fish sellers dont bring knife and stab people, if they do law will arrest and prosecute them. We expect that with cattle herders that machette and gun people down...they belong in jail, not at an executive meeting with you.

Good job MiddleBelt forum, PANDEF, Ohanaeze, Afenifere! This is awareness and we love it! Put macban in its rightful place, along with its patrons and sponsors! Shun them and do not honor them with any meeting or peace deal. No peace deal....you do the crime you face penalty, period!

There is no war here in Soutj, we do not need to be meeting on peace agreements. There is crime committed and all criminals must be treated under law with penalties. We cannot jail our criminals in South but negotiate peace deal with criminals from North. That will be self-destructive!

1 Like

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 5:04am On Aug 12, 2019
I am waiting on Buhari to appoint Ministers before I do next awareness talk. I guess Go Slow still dey for Baba body. grin

1 Like

Re: There Is No War In South, Why Do We Turn To Peacemakers With Fulani? by MetaPhysical: 5:09am On Aug 12, 2019
Im throwing this article here for a future talk. This letter with Ministerial appointments are very crucial to my next talk. Just putting here for keep sake.

Open letter to the Sultan of Sokoto, Abubakar Said and the Fulani leaders

August 08, 2019

The Sultan of Sokoto and Fulani Leader
His Eminence Alhaji Abubakar Sa’ad

THE STATE OF THE NATION
We write this letter to you considering your importance as the head of the Fulani people in Nigeria. You are also the head of Fulani Muslims in Nigeria.It is our hope that you will be able to share the thoughts expressed here with the 7 million Fulani people in Nigeria through your traditional means of communication.

We write to honour you with this letter, given the floundering opportunities for a dialogue on the future of Nigeria, which has eluded the various ethnic groups in Nigeria and which may not enhance itself too soon.

Given the drumbeats of armed violence and extremism perpetrated largely by your people, and the fleeting prospects of a national dialogue, we hope this letter will not be the last opportunity to constructively engage you and the Fulani nation.

We, on behalf of Apapo Oodua Koya, (AOKOYA), a coalition of several Itsekiri, Edo and Yoruba groups write with our deepest feelings about the Nigerian state and what appears to be the pitfalls that lay ahead, most of which are oiled and orchestrated by your own people, the Fulani, albeit consciously.

THE PAST

There was no history of Fulani in today’s territory until 1804. This was 800 years after the Yoruba Kingdoms had been established, about 600 years after the Hausa, Ijaw, Tiv, Igala, Junkun Kingdoms had flourished. The Igbo Nation had existed for centuries before your people wandered into this hemisphere.
We recall that your forebears came to power through brutal and bloody conquest of indigenous peoples in many parts of Northern Nigeria under the guise of Islam even though Islam had taken firm roots in Yorubaland, Kano and Bornu Empires as early as the 11th century.

Since your sojourn in Nigeria, you have been very lucky.

A whole country of over 300 ethnic groups, was handed over to you a foreigner, first through conquest of some of its part, you, who never owned an inch of land centuries earlier in this hemisphere.

You have reaped the fruits which trees you did not plant and you knew not when they were planted.

Moreso, you were from a family of wanderers and your emergence as Emir and traditional ruler was unusual, having no royal blood in your veins ab initio.

No doubt, You succeeded in taking over the land, the main means of production of these innocent peoples whose main offence was that they were too caring, too gentle, too subservient and accommodating of foreigners in their ancestral homeland, Today, you sit on a throne soaked with the blood of millions of innocent souls anguished with deafening ears to the agony of the spirit of millions of victims of the horrendous killings by your men, who came from Fouta Jallon in Senegal, only some 210 years ago.

The British left in 1960 and you emerged as the main benefactor eventhough your people were not known to have fought for independence.

You were wise enough to plant your people in the security institutions, a reflection of your preference for force and brigandage instead of a knowledge-driven society.

Through direct military intervention or subterfuge, sly plots, you have been ruling Nigeria, or determining who rule Nigeria since 1960. This is a rare luck that only courageous people can manage for some time, but needs wise, intelligent, decent and conscientious people to manage for a millennium.

Under the false, artificial creation called Nigeria, your people produce no oil, yet you appropriate and decide how the resources should be expended.

You have no access to the Ocean, yet you decide which goods should be imported and which vessel should ply routes that indigenous owners of this God given oceans had been using for centuries.

All the military weapons were bought not by your money, but you decide who should use them and who should be killed by the same weapons. You have no rich scholarly tradition, yet your people sit on the Nigerian Universities Commission, (NUC) and decide the faith of other Nigerians.

You located all the military institutions in your land, more out of fear than out of love for justice and fairplay.

90 percent of Nigerian resources are sourced from the South and Middle Belt, yet you decide how the funds should be spent. Did you think this irresponsible way of life will continue for ever? Did your people think we are foolish and even if we are, did you think coming generations will accept this brazen exploitation? We have called for dialogue on these issues, but you call it treason.

The truth is that you have grossly mismanaged this opportunity. Your ruinous and destructive tradition has robbed on all Nigerians. Your intuition for aggression has become a national culture. Your disdain for debate and logical criticisms has been imbibed by Nigerians who continue to gravitate towards the custodians of political power, whose way of life must be imbibed for recognition.

You have ruined and destroyed this whole nation at your beckon due to your exclusive, narrow, primordial and savage instincts driven only by your self interest and your brutal and non-negotiable desire to conquer and subdue every nationality in Nigeria. This is a tall task which you are hell bent in executing.

THE INVASION OF YORUBALAND BY FULANI HERDSMEN

We like to caution you on your latest antics to renew your grand 1804 design to conquer the entire country, not through ideas but through the most savage tradition of killings and maiming.

This to us is at the bottom of the current Fulani kidnapping in Yorubaland. We wish to inform you that we are aware of your grand plan to renew a project done half way and put on mute mode since the defeat of your forces in 1840 by the Yoruba Army.

We are worried that you and your Fulani people have been suspiciously silent on the kidnapping of Yoruba people, the killing of our young professionals including the killing of the daughter of a prominent Yoruba leader.

We were not surprised that you and the other Fulani leaders did not consider it necessary to send condolence messages or even visit the family of the slain woman. This can only mean your tacit approval or at least, a philosophy of cold compromise.

Please be aware that in the past two years, records show that 689 Yoruba people have been kidnapped by your people, Fulani, about 400 reported cases of rape, including rape of toddlers. Out of this number of the kidnapped, 356 were women, and out of that number, 250 were married women.

In all, 112 people were killed by your Fulani people either for resisting kidnap or for failing to pay ransom. This may mean nothing to you, but to us, it means a lot.

We urge you to imagine a group of armed Yoruba cocoa farmers storming forests in Kano, Katsina and Sokoto, kidnapping Fulani people, raping their young girls and even killing the daughter of an Emir or a prominent Fulani leader? Can you also imagine the same heavily armed Yoruba cocoa farmers occupying your forests, stopping your people from farming and preventing your people from plying the highways in their ancestral homes?

To make the matter worse, imagine the armed Yoruba cocoa farmers carry out these terrible crimes under the banner of a Yoruba man as the Nigerian President. How will you feel?
As it is, your people, the Fulani are digging their hands down our throats. They are entering our bedrooms and sleeping with our mothers and wives. These actions are not only against Islam, they are against humanity.

These latest actions plus our experiences in the past have combined to renew the energy of millions of Yoruba people who want a country of their own. Either you like it or not, this will happen. God, before whom you and your big crown are like but a filthy rag, will make it happen.

We urge you to prepare your self to dialogue or if you chose the path of violence, there will be proportional response. Having Yoruba or Igbo Republics is something you do not wish to hear, but which is imminent and inevitable.

Please be aware that the Yoruba do not begrudge your values and the ways of your living, all we are saying is that we want to live our lives, design our political and cultural architecture, live and die on our own terms.

The forthcoming Yoruba Republic will be glad to accommodate righteous Fulani people who respect our civilisations and the laws of our fatherland.

We wish to use this opportunity to advice you and your people to be aware that you have no power to conquer Yoruba Nation. Your forebears tried and failed. Your military and political surrogates tried, marked with killings, maiming and destruction of our economy, yet they failed.

We ask you to instruct your people, the armed Fulani herdsmen to withdraw from Yoruba territories and on their own, mop up the cache of arms and ammunition stored in Yoruba territories.

Sir, the Yoruba people stand for peace and not war. We would prefer these issues to be resolved amicably without firing any gun shot. But, we wish to say that if your heart remains rebellious and your soul defiant, the Yoruba people are not afraid to confront you once again the way we did some 175 years ago, this time in the most ferocious manner you can ever imagine. It is necessary to let you know this even though we are aware that you will not change the conquest desires of your heart.

We wish you a happy Salah and Allah’s wisdom to know and do what is right.
Yours Sincerely,
Col Abimbola Sowumi (rtd)
Mallam Salau Ahmed Akorede
For Apapo Oodua Koya, (AOKOYA)
The Yoruba self determination group

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Must Work To Reduce Out-of-school Children - Lawan / Rice Sellers Re-bagging Local Rice At 6K To Sell At N19,600 Per Bag(pics,video) / COVID-19: Fayemi Appoints Fayose, Two Other Ex-governors In Resource Mobilisatio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.