Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,446 members, 7,819,648 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Worship GOD Not Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worship GOD Not Man (682 Views)

How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? / Look Up To God...not Man! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worship GOD Not Man by constancefriday(m): 9:49am On Jul 04, 2019
The latest trending discussion on Social Media is "The Worship of Your Pastors/Apostles/Bishops/Reverends/General Overseers etc like GOD." Or maybe it's not a Religious Celebrity, it may be a regular Celebrity, e.g Actor, OAP, Journalist, Philosopher, Great Author, Motivational Speaker etc
You may just be so much into them, you just love what they do, their works, you look up to them often, and have high expectations of them.
There is nothing wrong with loving or liking them, and then to another level reverencing and honoring them.
Yes, it's not wrong to honor your Icons in the sphere or cluster of influence within our immediate and extended society.
It is true that the Bible says that "we are gods" if we can activate the naturally installed "God Factor" within us. (Read John 10:34) but we mustn't forget that we are subjects of a superior creator.
The
Supreme GOD of all gods, the IDENTITY of all identities.
So instead of being called idols, it's better to call us ICONS.
Idolatry is devilish and subvertive that's why it offends GOD (provokes GOD to loathesome wrath). Read Exodus 20:1-4
You are required to "Honor and Reverence" NOT WORSHIP your Pastors/Preachers/Leaders/Celebrities/Icons but never forget that THEY'RE HUMAN...
It is not very necessary to look up to them beyond level, or expect way too much from them, as they could disappoint You, yes they have Human/Mortal frailties just like you.
In the book of Hebrews 12:1-4 the Bible tells us whom we should look up to ultimately: GOD (Christ) the author and finisher of our Faith.
Other Humans (including your Icons) may be authors of Faith but not finishers thereof due to one issue or the other, so our unrealistic expectations of them may leave us flabbergasted or disillusioned on certain occasions. In such a situation, the Bible (Word of God) tells us to LOOK UP TO GOD (Christ) the author and finisher of our faith.
What does it mean to be an author and a finisher? It means to fulfil all the words/promises that comes out of your mouth (with terms and conditions).
N:B - GOD the creator of all beings has terms and conditions for the fulfilment of his promises plus other aspects. (I'll be teaching on this topic in our next sets of broadcasts).
Provided you fulfil those terms and conditions GOD will finish what was written in his Word, which is the basis of your Faith, my Faith, our Faith in him.
MAN is nothing compared to Jehovah, the most supreme GOD. That's why it's important to seperate Honor and Reverence (Respect) from Worship.
Worship GOD not Man. Worship GOD not your Preachers or Pastors. Including me. Thank You.

Apostle Constance Friday is the Most Supreme Shepherd of Real Life Missions International a globally Gospel Missionary Organization, that operates a successful online Church.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Worship GOD Not Man by ademchij: 4:16am On Aug 03, 2021
constancefriday:
The latest trending discussion on Social Media is "The Worship of Your Pastors/Apostles/Bishops/Reverends/General Overseers etc like GOD." Or maybe it's not a Religious Celebrity, it may be a regular Celebrity, e.g Actor, OAP, Journalist, Philosopher, Great Author, Motivational Speaker etc
You may just be so much into them, you just love what they do, their works, you look up to them often, and have high expectations of them.
There is nothing wrong with loving or liking them, and then to another level reverencing and honoring them.
Yes, it's not wrong to honor your Icons in the sphere or cluster of influence within our immediate and extended society.
It is true that the Bible says that "we are gods" if we can activate the naturally installed "God Factor" within us. (Read John 10:34) but we mustn't forget that we are subjects of a superior creator.
The
Idolatry is devilish and subvertive that's why it offends GOD (provokes GOD to loathesome wrath). Read Exodus 20:1-4
You are required to "Honor and Reverence" NOT WORSHIP your Pastors/Preachers/Leaders/Celebrities/Icons but never forget that THEY'RE HUMAN...
It is not very necessary to look up to them beyond level, or expect way too much from them, as they could disappoint You, yes they have Human/Mortal frailties just like you.
In the book of Hebrews 12:1-4 the Bible tells us whom we should look up to ultimately: GOD (Christ) the author and finisher of our Faith.
Other Humans (including your Icons) may be authors of Faith but not finishers thereof due to one issue or the other, so our unrealistic expectations of them may leave us flabbergasted or disillusioned on certain occasions. In such a situation, the Bible (Word of God) tells us to LOOK UP TO GOD (Christ) the author and finisher of our faith.
What does it mean to be an author and a finisher? It means to fulfil all the words/promises that comes out of your mouth (with terms and conditions).
N:B - GOD the creator of all beings has terms and conditions for the fulfilment of his promises plus other aspects. (I'll be teaching on this topic in our next sets of broadcasts).
Provided you fulfil those terms and conditions GOD will finish what was written in his Word, which is the basis of your Faith, my Faith, our Faith in him.
MAN is nothing compared to Jehovah, the most supreme GOD. That's why it's important to seperate Honor and Reverence (Respect) from Worship.
Worship GOD not Man. Worship GOD not your Preachers or Pastors. Including me. Thank You.

Apostle Constance Friday is the Most Supreme Shepherd of Real Life Missions International a globally Gospel Missionary Organization, that operates a successful online Church.
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by 2dominate: 7:26am On Aug 03, 2021
constancefriday:
The

Jesus is also a man
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2021
2dominate:

Jesus is also a man
Exodus 7:1
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by Image123(m): 8:51am On Aug 03, 2021
2dominate:

Jesus is also a man

Rev 5:13 KJV And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

1 Like

Re: Worship GOD Not Man by 2dominate: 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
Image123:

Rev 5:13 KJV And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
This does not change anything, He is a man.
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2021
2dominate:

Just as Moses (a man) but was empowered to become a GOD! Exodus 7:1 smiley
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by 2dominate: 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Just as Moses (a man) but was empowered to become a GOD! Exodus 7:1 smiley
Moses and Jesus are men/prophets nothing more

1 Like

Re: Worship GOD Not Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2021
2dominate:

Moses and Jesus are men/prophets nothing more
Well your highly recommended Torah says Moses is God {Exodus 7:1} so don't deny your Torah now because Jesus is also called God! John 1:1
Moses himself told the Israelites that their God will raise for them a prophet like himself {Deuteronomy 18:15-18} of course Moses was both Prophet and God in their midst! Act 3:22 wink
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by 2dominate: 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well your highly recommended Torah says Moses is God {Exodus 7:1} so don't deny your Torah now because Jesus is also called God! John 1:1
Moses himself told the Israelites that their God will raise for them a prophet like himself {Deuteronomy 18:15-18} of course Moses was both Prophet and God in their midst! Act 3:22 wink
Highly recommended Torah ?
John 10 vs 30-36 explains better.
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
2dominate:

Highly recommended Torah ?
John 10 vs 30-36 explains better.

I thought you said the book titled "John" is part of those fabricated by Romans! cheesy
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by 2dominate: 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I thought you said the book titled "John" is part of those fabricated by Romans! cheesy
I told you that ?
When please
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2021
2dominate:

I told you that ?
When please
So quote the book we both agree upon not the one you yourself called a fabrication! wink
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by 2dominate: 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So quote the book we both agree upon not the one you yourself called a fabrication! wink
I never called any book a fabrication please. Seems you're mistaking me for someone else.
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
2dominate:

I never called any book a fabrication please. Seems you're mistaking me for someone else.
Well no wahala, both Moses and Jesus were Gods according to the scriptures {Exodus 7:1; John 1:1} where most people like you has issues is when people now idolize them and start worshiping them.
The title "God" conveys various thoughts not only about worshiping. It simply means they were empowered to CONTROL the forces of nature which only Gods (powerful spirit beings) can do.
They are not to be worshiped! smiley
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by Image123(m): 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2021
2dominate:

The man of Calvary, also known as the Rock, the Mighty God, the Almighty, the Same forever. Worship the King.

2 Likes

Re: Worship GOD Not Man by DappaD: 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

My brother, 2dominate is different from 22jumpstreet. grin
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
It was later that i discovered.
Thanks brother!

DappaD:

My brother, 2dominate is different from 22jumpstreet. grin
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by 2dominate: 7:18am On Aug 04, 2021
Image123:

The man of Calvary, also known as the Rock, the Mighty God, the Almighty, the Same forever. Worship the King.
He is a Prophet.
Re: Worship GOD Not Man by Image123(m): 7:36am On Aug 04, 2021
2dominate:

He is a Prophet.

Prophet, Priest and King. Messiah, Creator and God. Worship Him.

1 Like

Re: Worship GOD Not Man by 2dominate: 8:47am On Aug 04, 2021
Image123:

Prophet, Priest and King. Messiah, Creator and God. Worship Him.
King of what ?
He was created and He is a Prophet.
Do not worship idol
Worship the lord thy God not Jesus one of his Prophets.

1 Like

Re: Worship GOD Not Man by Image123(m): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2021
2dominate:

King of what ?
He was created and He is a Prophet.
Do not worship idol
Worship the lord thy God not Jesus one of his Prophets.

Mat 4:10 KJV Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Mat 14:33 KJV Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Mat 20:20 KJV Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.

Mar 5:6 KJV But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

Heb 1:6 KJV And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Rev 14:7 KJV Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

1 Like

Re: Worship GOD Not Man by ChristisGod: 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
Image123:

Mat 4:10 KJV Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Mat 14:33 KJV Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Mat 20:20 KJV Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.

Mar 5:6 KJV But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

Heb 1:6 KJV And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Rev 14:7 KJV Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

You are blessed bro

Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you

1 Like

Re: Worship GOD Not Man by stephieok: 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2021
constancefriday:
The

Re: Worship GOD Not Man by sonmvayina(m): 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
First and foremost..Jesus is serapis. There is no where in the entire Tanakh that remotely speak of God having a son in like manner. How does it sound in your ears, God impregnating another man's wife to sire a son. Tufiakwa.
The new testament is a Roman fiction. Why is it so difficult for you guys to figure it out?
Worship your creator. He is one and beside him there is no one past present or future. Don't associate partners with him.

Don't make the image or likeness of anything in heaven or earth to bow down to or serve them. It is the worst form of idolatry. Worshipping a man as God..

(1) (Reply)

Beware of Humble Pride / Closed / Sincere Fact You Need To Know About Shi'tes Sect(shi'a)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.