Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

AFCON 2019: Unrest In Super Eagles Camp As Balogun, Ighalo Clash With Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2019: Unrest In Super Eagles Camp As Balogun, Ighalo Clash With Coach (1125 Views)

AFCON 2019: Iheanacho Set To Replace Samuel Kalu In Super Eagles squad / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON 2019: Unrest In Super Eagles Camp As Balogun, Ighalo Clash With Coach by fm4real2k6(m): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2019
The 2-0 defeat against Madagascar in the last group B game in the Total African
Cup of Nations Egypt 2019 seems to be causing chaos in the camp of the Super
Eagles after two keys players clashed with Manager Gernot Rohr.

It was gathered that striker Odion Ighalo and defender Leon Balogun were not happy
after the coach openly criticised them for their roles in the defeat.

Sources in the squad confirmed that the two players had heated altercations with
the coach at their Helnan Palestine Hotel camp when he used harsh words in
castigating them for the loss.

“Ighalo felt terribly bad when he heard about what the coach told the media that the
team didn’t have strikers who were good enough. It infuriated him even the more
when the gaffer mentioned similar thing during team’s meeting.

“Balogun too clashed with the coach, insisting the manager should not have singled
him out for blames because of the mistake he made.

“I don’t think these players will play a part in the competition anymore but some
officials of the Nigeria Football Federation have come in to resolve the problem, ” the
source explained.

Super Eagles will trade tackles against the defending champions, Cameroon on
Saturday for the round of 8 spot in Alexandria.

https://www.freekicknaija.com.ng/2019/07/04/afcon-2019-unrest-in-super-eagles-camp-as-balogun-ighalo-clash-with-coach/?fbclid=IwAR12TuYVhztseCvFjy6GZstcS2PjGHgXSLmLHdfGJsjDDOUT_DRR3RO5raA
Re: AFCON 2019: Unrest In Super Eagles Camp As Balogun, Ighalo Clash With Coach by fm4real2k6(m): 11:12am On Jul 04, 2019
For me, this is Rohr's problem, he should deal with it.
For crying out loud this man is the highest paid public officer in this country, even Buhari and Oshinbajo each are not on the kind of salary he is being paid.

And truth be told Rohr brought this upon himself. He as been fond of complaining about the Home based players, how bad they are and blah blah! agreed!

I don't know why he took Onyekuru,Oshimen and Chukwueze to this tournament for. 2 of the trio should've tasted action against Madagascar, but what we heard from the coach was him complaining of the attitude of the 2 of the players.

I wonder when he will stop the complaint.
Re: AFCON 2019: Unrest In Super Eagles Camp As Balogun, Ighalo Clash With Coach by Truthwords: 11:26am On Jul 04, 2019
So far so good, the Afcon has been boring
Re: AFCON 2019: Unrest In Super Eagles Camp As Balogun, Ighalo Clash With Coach by fm4real2k6(m): 11:38am On Jul 04, 2019
Truthwords:

Well round of 16 might be different.
Re: AFCON 2019: Unrest In Super Eagles Camp As Balogun, Ighalo Clash With Coach by Kelgabriel5(m): 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2019
If this is true, then the 2 players in question should have played their last games, cos wat rohr said on ighalo was true. But rohr also brought it on himself why not try onyekuru and osimhen
Re: AFCON 2019: Unrest In Super Eagles Camp As Balogun, Ighalo Clash With Coach by shevchenko(m): 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2019
Mikel is the biggest problem in that team
Walahi I hate that guy
When he was even substituted with Alex iwobi he wasn't even happy .

Mikel is the captain and he is the biggest problem
Idiot
Re: AFCON 2019: Unrest In Super Eagles Camp As Balogun, Ighalo Clash With Coach by azeeza(f): 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2019
BORING AND CONFUSING! LOW TURNOUT OF SPECTATORS
Truthwords:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Cried In My Debut For Nigeria Against Brazil – Super Eagles Goalkeeper, Maduka / What Happens To Messi, Ronaldo And Champions League After Brexit? / Where Is Murphy Jemba And Sean Amadi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.