Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,419 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay (905 Views)

Wike Climbed Into The Governorship Seat Over Dead Bodies - Prof Itse Sagay / Saraki Should Be Expelled From APC Before He Destroys It - Prof Itse Sagay (SAN) / Prof. Itse Sagay To Ihejirika(must Read) Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay by paddylo1(m): 3:44am On Oct 09, 2010
[size=14pt]Okah should not be taken serious – Itse Sagay[/size]

Oct 9, 2010

Prof Itse Sagay:Okah not serious

[size=14pt]Professor Itse Sagay is known to be very outspoken on issues of resource control and other national issues of the moment.
In this interview, the Professor of Law and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, speaks on the Henry Okah allegation on Al Jazeerah TV and dismisses him as a desperate fellow who is capable of any evil because his business of gun-running is already down due to the amnesty programme.
[/size]

[size=13pt]The controversy over the independence day bomb blast at the Eagle-Square is still on.
MEND said it did it. The President said they did not. Henry Okah alleged he was asked to tell MEND to disassociate itself so as to implicate the North. What could be going on?
[/size]

I don’t believe that the bomb blast was the handiwork of MEND. For one thing, the leaders of group assembled at Abuja, all their commanders had a meeting and we saw them.

They denied involvement. And that leaves us with two possibilities: We may have what one can call relative splinter which did it or people who are not MEND at all who devised this strategy so as to bring President Goodluck Jonathan into this problem of Nigerians saying that his people bombed Abuja to discredit him.

[size=14pt]But from what Henry Okah told Al Jazeerah, one cannot just sweep under the carpet his allegation that a Presidential aide approached him to tell MEND to withdraw its earlier claims that they were responsible.[/size]

[size=13pt]I think Henry Okah did what he did because he is a frustrated man. He was hoping to make a lot of money from Jonathan but when he saw he was not doing so, he was ready to do anything. So, really, I think Henry Okah made up his allegations.[/size]

[size=14pt]If we are already having these problems close to elections. What do you think will happen during elections?[/size]

We should be at alert. I’m sure the government has learnt from this and that is even why we should be more committed to putting a good government in power; a government that will be accountable to all of us, a government that is not corrupt and will obey the rule of law.
So, I think that we should be up and doing and I hope too that the security agents are equal to the task.

[size=14pt]Would you say the security agencies are really up to the task?[/size]

I wouldn’t say I’m impressed with their performance this time. If they were, what happened at Abuja wouldn’t have happened because we learnt there was warning some days to the incident and some hours before it happened. But it is either they didn’t take the warning seriously or they are thoroughly incompetent.

[size=14pt]Many Nigerians suspect all these have to do with Jonathan contesting election in 2011. Do you think what happened is enough reason for him to withdraw?[/size]

[size=14pt]He should continue. It is his constitutional right. But there are a lot of people who are living in the past and who think ruling this country is their inherited right but it is not.
And by sheer coincidence, these are the people who are contributing the least in terms of resources; people, who are surviving on other peoples’ resources and they want to continue to rule the people who generate these resources.
It is an unsustainable situation. So, anybody can vie for any political office in this country whether the North likes it or not because democracy must be a level playing field for every Nigerian.
Every Nigerian is entitled to power and that includes Jonathan as well. So, Jonathan must conclusively pursue this agenda to run for presidency to the end[/size].

[size=14pt]But it becomes a minus when this kind of thing happens in one’s regime and for the first time in this country. It is believed the perpetrators are the President’s kinsmen of the South-South.[/size]

The militants are being re-habilitated. They have already put down their guns. But the investigation is on and those responsible must be fished out so that a stop can be put to it.
[size=14pt]Nobody can blame any part of the country as being responsible because we don’t really know who did it. Another part of the country can do it and blame MEND so as to give a bad name to the South-South[/size]. We hope the rehabilitated MEND and members of the government would  unravel this mystery so that those responsible should be given the appropriate punishment.

[size=13pt]So, nobody should take Henry Okah’s allegations seriously?[/size]

[size=14pt]Nobody should. He is a disgruntled fellow, he’s a gun-runner. He lives by selling guns and now that arms have been put down, he is badly affected. So, he is desperate and he is capable of any evil at this point in time.[/size]

[size=13pt]Was it his decision to go and live in South-Africa?[/size]

Well, he is already undergoing trial in South-Africa. If there is enough evidence to connect him to the independence day bombing, FG can extradite him for trial in Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/okah-should-not-be-taken-serious-itse-sagay/
Re: Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay by paddylo1(m): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2010
when a polished man like this talks. . .u all should listen

of course the Independence Bomb Blast(IBB) supporting clowns on here are too fool.ish to reason like the PROF. . .
cool
Re: Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2010
^
The prof don dey position himself for ministerial appointment. Investigation still dey go on and he don dey talk; is he a member of the police, sss, interpol or maybe MEND?

I am the president of my own little place. Take Nigeria serious at your own peril!
Re: Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay by egift(m): 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2010
jabbok:

^
The prof don dey position himself for ministerial appointment. Investigation still dey go on and he don dey talk; is he a member of the police, sss, interpol or maybe MEND?

I am the president of my own little place. Take Nigeria serious at your own peril!

True my dear wink If investigations have been concluded and Prof speak in reference to the findings, it will make sense. But nothing have been found yet - President and all this opportunist are already playing God - They know what will be found shocked shocked shocked
Re: Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay by egift(m): 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2010
I don’t believe that the bomb blast was the handiwork of MEND. For one thing, the leaders of group assembled at Abuja, all their commanders had a meeting and we saw them.

They denied involvement. And that leaves us with two possibilities: We may have what one can call relative splinter which did it or people who are not MEND at all who devised this strategy so as to bring President Goodluck Jonathan into this problem of Nigerians saying that his people bombed Abuja to discredit him.

Imagine the very first statement by prof is a conclusion grin grin

For the second statement: Was it not after
- They were defended by Mr President himself
- Forgiven, absorbed and represented by GEJ
- They were invited to hang out with Mr. President for dinner
- And later went to NTA for TV Reality Show, tagged "it was not MEND"

Did we still expected them to bite a finger that feeds them so tenderly  grin grin grin
(Remember they are the primary suspect)
Re: Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay by paddylo1(m): 6:53am On Oct 10, 2010
Prof Itsay Sagay is a distinguished gentleman who has been speaking up on Niger Delta issues long before now

I believe he is very credible. . . cool
Re: Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 10, 2010
At least, we can put a face to the name of Prof Itse Sagay and are more inclined to believe him, but all these [b]I[/b]ndependent [b]B[/b]omb [b]B[/b]last goons unleashed on the internet are just into this for what is in it for them and lacks any form of intergrity whatsoever.

So many of you will surely either commit suicide or run to exile very soon when the Fresh Air breeze in come 2011
Re: Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 10, 2010
ilugunboy:

So many of you will surely either commit suicide or run to exile very soon when the Fresh Air breeze in come 2011
Those who have made up their mind to rig are talking grin grin grin
Re: Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay by topsywest(m): 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2010
jabbok:

^

Nice one. How bad that this respected Prof is sacrificing all he has labored to build reputation-wise to crumble.
Also recall that he is a staunch supporter of GEJ so I ain't really surprised at his position even in the face of objectivity.

The poor man is fast turning into a scheming sychophant.
Re: Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay by ayinba1(f): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2010
The Professor is BIASED!
Re: Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2010
Those who have made up their mind to rig are talking

. . . . . . .and see who is accusing me of election rigging grin grin oh my days!!!!.

The C-I-C has provided the most level playing field in the history of Nigeria  election history, it is this open field that some of your paymasters are abusing today and taking the President as a weak person.

Very soon, you will see that he can bark and bite. Treason charges are dangling on some of those your paymasters.

Okah will sing a different tune today if the C-I-C agreed to his financial demands. He is nothing more than a mercenary and arms-dealer. Who ever take such person serious when the issue of intergrity is been discussed do so at his/her peril.
Re: Okah Should Not Be Taken Serious – Prof. Itse Sagay by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2010
jabbok:

^

I see you have noticed the pattern too . . . this is how it happens. Next, we will see the same name up for some government post or running for some office. . . . lol

(1) (Reply)

Sham Marriages: 10 More Nigerians Arrested In Uk Due 4 Prison/deportation / Nigeria: Inec Registers 7.5 Million Voters In Adamawa,bauchi, Borno, Plateau / Nu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.