Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score (13287 Views)

Gabriel Olarenwaju Akinyemi, 60-Year-Old UTME Candidate Wants To Study Pharmacy / Tunde Olatunji Gives Kamarudeen Ridwan 3rd Best UTME Candidate, A Scholarship / UTME: Candidate Who Hid Phone In Her Pant, Arrested (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by akelicious(m): 3:27am On Jul 05, 2019
The Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps has arrested a Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination candidate, Cletus Kokowa, for allegedly hiring a syndicate to upgrade his scores from 162 to 206.

The NSCDC arrested Kokowa on Thursday at the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board headquarters in Bwari, Abuja, where he confessed that he was asked to pay N10,000 for the upgrading.

Our correspondent learnt that Kokowa, with Registration Number 95329290ED from Bayelsa State, contacted the syndicate through a WhatsApp group a few weeks ago after he learnt that they could upgrade his score from 162.

The syndicate later sent a fake result notification to Kokowa, stating that his score was now 206. When his UTME result however remained unchanged on the JAMB portal, Kokowa’s father, Garen, wrote a letter of complaint to the board asking for the rectification of his son’s scores.

The board thereafter invited Kokowa to come with the two results as proof, after which he confessed on Thursday to have employed a syndicate.

The candidate’s uncle, an army officer, who declined to give his name, accompanied Kokowa to the JAMB headquarters.

The boy was afterwards handed over to the NSCDC.

Our correspondent gathered that Kokowa had checked his UTME result 15 times and found that he scored 162, but he was convinced that there was an error from the board.

Kokowa told our correspondent that although he knew upgrading scores was an offence, he did not believe he would be caught.

He said, “Those people sent a mail to my electronic mail inbox that they could help me to upgrade my score. I then sent them my registration number and e-mail address. When the results were released and I checked, they showed me 206. Then, one of them called me and demanded payment.

“I later went to check and I found 162. I was confused. I had heard that upgrading scores was an offence, but I didn’t really believe it. I did not tell my father and my uncle about the syndicate.”

The JAMB Registrar, Oloyede, said the board would ensure the arrest and prosecution of candidates discovered to have engaged in fraudulent practices before, during and after the examination.

He said, “One of the popular claims candidates usually make is that JAMB issued two different UTME results to them. But I said it was a lie because this result was processed via information and communication technology.

“When this boy came with his complaint, I asked for his records to be brought and we discovered that he had contacted fraudsters who gave him a fake result. We discovered that the result given to him was an imposition of another candidate’s result on his own.

“He is with the NSCDC and he will be handed over to the police for prosecution.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/utme-candidate-arrested-for-paying.html

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by saheedbadmus(m): 3:38am On Jul 05, 2019
another serious Gobey for Mr kokowa.. u for don accept to faith say u don fail jamb now jamb go even jail u..but i pray that aspect of jail no come to reality.. in the first place you should have prepared for your exams instead of bribing pep to change your result for you..
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by JudasNaCarrot: 4:08am On Jul 05, 2019
Our rottenness starts even from the womb. Just imagine this one....if he had succeeded, he would be one of the empty heads in campus, sort his way out with money.

Tomorrow he becomes a politician, rig his way in, then begins to do what he knows best.....bribery, corruption, looting and nothing more.

Nigerians are all corrupt.... even the president who forged his Waec results.

27 Likes

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by iornenge81(m): 5:05am On Jul 05, 2019
He didn't know will be caught. Hia

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by Toonice(m): 5:06am On Jul 05, 2019
If you continue to pray like this

One day

U

May

Hear

Koza

Koza

Koza koza koza

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by nairalee(m): 5:10am On Jul 05, 2019
Don't only arrest the Payer but also the Payee and the Sponsor
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by mankettle(m): 5:10am On Jul 05, 2019
broda wey mumu..

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by Vincere: 5:20am On Jul 05, 2019
Una no dey sleep grin

Toonice:
If you continue to pray like this

One day

U

May

Hear

Koza

Koza

Koza koza koza

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by sparog(m): 5:27am On Jul 05, 2019
Stupid students everywhere, instead of preparing for next jamb or even going to do pre degree or A level he opted for a fraudulent way out

He should face the music

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by mayklef(m): 5:44am On Jul 05, 2019
boda ode.....wia 4 kuku manage him 162 lyk dat
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by willyo(m): 6:00am On Jul 05, 2019
Wtfisthis
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by lonelydora: 6:01am On Jul 05, 2019
akelicious:
The Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps has arrested a Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination candidate, Cletus Kokowa, for allegedly hiring a syndicate to upgrade his scores from 162 to 206.

The NSCDC arrested Kokowa on Thursday at the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board headquarters in Bwari, Abuja, where he confessed that he was asked to pay N10,000 for the upgrading.

Our correspondent learnt that Kokowa, with Registration Number 95329290ED from Bayelsa State, contacted the syndicate through a WhatsApp group a few weeks ago after he learnt that they could upgrade his score from 162.

The syndicate later sent a fake result notification to Kokowa, stating that his score was now 206. When his UTME result however remained unchanged on the JAMB portal, Kokowa’s father, Garen, wrote a letter of complaint to the board asking for the rectification of his son’s scores.

The board thereafter invited Kokowa to come with the two results as proof, after which he confessed on Thursday to have employed a syndicate.

The candidate’s uncle, an army officer, who declined to give his name, accompanied Kokowa to the JAMB headquarters.

The boy was afterwards handed over to the NSCDC.

Our correspondent gathered that Kokowa had checked his UTME result 15 times and found that he scored 162, but he was convinced that there was an error from the board.

Kokowa told our correspondent that although he knew upgrading scores was an offence, he did not believe he would be caught.

He said, “Those people sent a mail to my electronic mail inbox that they could help me to upgrade my score. I then sent them my registration number and e-mail address. When the results were released and I checked, they showed me 206. Then, one of them called me and demanded payment.

“I later went to check and I found 162. I was confused. I had heard that upgrading scores was an offence, but I didn’t really believe it. I did not tell my father and my uncle about the syndicate.”

The JAMB Registrar, Oloyede, said the board would ensure the arrest and prosecution of candidates discovered to have engaged in fraudulent practices before, during and after the examination.

He said, “One of the popular claims candidates usually make is that JAMB issued two different UTME results to them. But I said it was a lie because this result was processed via information and communication technology.

“When this boy came with his complaint, I asked for his records to be brought and we discovered that he had contacted fraudsters who gave him a fake result. We discovered that the result given to him was an imposition of another candidate’s result on his own.

“He is with the NSCDC and he will be handed over to the police for prosecution.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/utme-candidate-arrested-for-paying.html

And where is the syndicate? Arrest both of them

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by Pavore9: 6:03am On Jul 05, 2019
"The syndicate later sent a fake result notification to Kokowa, stating that his score was now 206. When his UTME result however remained unchanged on the JAMB portal, Kokowa’s father, Garen, wrote a letter of complaint to the board asking for the rectification of his son’s scores".......I shudder at the father's boldness.

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by AlomoReloaded: 6:14am On Jul 05, 2019
Lazy and stupid Nigerian youth angry angry angry angry
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by Maket: 6:14am On Jul 05, 2019
The guy don enter 419. It's possible jamb officer is not involved in this.

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by armadeo(m): 6:17am On Jul 05, 2019
Lol.

The father and the uncle are very dumb. Dodnt they know it was a crime. See as papa boldly call jamb. Maybe jes kne of those who doesnt believe the right path anymore.

I can imagine if this had happened to me men naa to shut up and cut my losses.

I should tell my father that I tried to upgrade exam when dem don mark finish.

That one is even worse than failing the exam, not only are you dumb you're also now a criminal.

Na die be that.

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by enemyofprogress: 6:31am On Jul 05, 2019
This is what happens when too much emphasis is laid on paper qualification. Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and so many other great guys are all doing fine with little or no education at all. Na for Africa especially naija we carry education for head like cap and at the end of the day no job for poor man pikin. Fok education, fok JAMB and fok you that is reading this fok on this fokd up nairaland.

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by straighttalk(m): 6:36am On Jul 05, 2019
Minor
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:37am On Jul 05, 2019
162 is enough to gain admission even into Niger Delta University now?

Last last na greed kill am!
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by chiommy123(f): 6:37am On Jul 05, 2019
People change/ upgrade their jamb scores all the time na person way dem catch be thief. Why dem no arrest their staff too
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by executive12: 6:44am On Jul 05, 2019
Pavore9:
"The syndicate later sent a fake result notification to Kokowa, stating that his score was now 206. When his UTME result however remained unchanged on the JAMB portal, Kokowa’s father, Garen, wrote a letter of complaint to the board asking for the rectification of his son’s scores".......I shudder at the father's boldness.

His son probably lied to him that JAMB made a mistake.

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by aspirebig: 6:48am On Jul 05, 2019
Guys please avoid this fraudster who collected money from me last year and has since disappeared.All efforts to reach him proved abortive .His name is Emmanuel Damilare.

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48am On Jul 05, 2019
Fraudsters in high places.........

Let him face the consequences of his actions now.
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by TinyHacker: 7:10am On Jul 05, 2019
This is stupid, he didn't even upgrade anything. Just got scammed, it's none of their business to arrest him.
I'm quite sure the dummies above only read the headline
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by Ghfhf3364: 7:14am On Jul 05, 2019
Prove below

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by Abid2019(m): 7:15am On Jul 05, 2019
sparog:

He should face the music
He downloaded grin

Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by otokx(m): 7:15am On Jul 05, 2019
The candidate is dull and his guardians are worse.
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by Coldfeets: 7:24am On Jul 05, 2019
enemyofprogress:
This is what happens when too much emphasis is laid on paper qualification. Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and so many other great guys are all doing fine with little or no education at all. Na for Africa especially naija we carry education for head like cap and at the end of the day no job for poor man pikin. Fok education, fok JAMB and fok you that is reading this fok on this fokd up nairaland.

So true.
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by karma2000: 7:27am On Jul 05, 2019
These bet9ja people advertising rubbish on nairaland will face such fate from karma if they don't desist from it
Re: UTME Candidate Arrested For Paying N10,000 To Upgrade Score by Oladat(m): 7:27am On Jul 05, 2019
armadeo:
Lol.

The father and the uncle are very dumb. Dodnt they know it was a crime. See as papa boldly call jamb. Maybe jes kne of those who doesnt believe the right path anymore.

I can imagine if this had happened to me men naa to shut up and cut my losses.

I should tell my father that I tried to upgrade exam when dem don mark finish.

That one is even worse than failing the exam, not only are you dumb you're also now a criminal.

Na die be that.
The father and uncle didn't know about him paying a syndicate.

How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? / OAU Acting Vice Chancellor Meets With Ooni Of Ife (pictures) / Penalty For Exam Malpractice In Nigeria