Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Sample Statement Of Purpose (SOP) For Economics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sample Statement Of Purpose (SOP) For Economics (2302 Views)

How To Write A Good Statement Of Purpose (SOP) / Sample Statement Of Purpose (sop) For Policy Studies / How To Write A Perfect Statement Of Purpose (SOP / Admissions Essay) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sample Statement Of Purpose (SOP) For Economics by davidkingsley59(m): 8:06am On Jul 05, 2019
My aspiration to enroll for an undergraduate study in Economics stemmed from an innate curiosity in world economic development and how the intriguing theories in this field of learning applies to real-life situations. For example, the American and Chinese economies continue to wax stronger notwithstanding the impact from global recession, increasing oil prices and fluctuating exchange rates in international markets, whereas development indicators in most countries keep dropping to an abysmally low point.

In recent years, I have been a keen observer of current trends in global economics and its impact in our complex, unbalanced and constantly evolving socio-political systems. Besides academic studies, I find business-related information to be exceedingly appealing; also, my love for interrelated publications from magazines and books such as The Economist, Financial Times and John Cassidy’s How Markets Fail, has evoked predominant inclination to various topics such as International Trade, Inflation, Production & Distribution and many others which provided a foundational background for further studies and nurtured my interest to be actively involved in these areas soon.

I am currently studying for International Baccalaureate Diploma in Beijing, having spent the last 10 years in South Africa, Malaysia and China-based American schools respectively. My current lessons on Economic Development have been quite stimulating, and I find topics on International Aid & Third World Debt to be interestingly investigative and argumentative from both theoretical and realistic views. Studies in History, Mathematics and Geography have also widened my perspective in Economics. Having discovered the complexities and inter-dependent nature of these subjects through an insight in these theories, principles and concepts – the Classical, Keynesian and Public Choice theories, finance, labour market, and demand curves – my craving for higher knowledge can only gain satisfaction with a university education. Yet, I must humbly admit that learning is a life-time process; there is so much to learn in this vast and complicated discipline.

Economics, these days, is all about statistical analysis and mathematics. During one of my part-time jobs at a finance house full of stock brokers, accountants, insurance undertakers and many others, I discovered the fascinating workings of market forces. The understanding of what goes on around me, how people with adequate skills are making great efforts to apply control, and how disappointing results were sometimes unavoidable, inspired a burning desire in me.

The career options and gains of being a well-trained economist are invaluable and very attractive because the subject touches almost every aspect of human activities, affects political decisions and is applicable in our daily lives. In furtherance, it is sure to open a myriad of doors for me to develop at my own pace. Therefore, a chance to study and graduate as an alumnus at your university would be a dream come true, one that will provide a boost in my personal, social and future-academic engagements. Additionally, my future goal is to have a fulfilling career as a professor of economics whose contributions to the field’s development will leave a mark in the sands of time.

I am a self-motivated team-player with good interpersonal relationship/communication skills, problem-solving skills, effective time management skills, and an ability to think rationally, having held a position of responsibility as a prefect in my school. I humbly consider myself an active, sociable and optimistic student. I have been a member of the after-school economics workshop, where we enthusiastically discussed current affairs and debated about economic theories. My participation in sports – ping pong and volleyball – taught me self-discipline, obedience to rules and the importance of cooperation.

As a student in a multicultural student community like yours, I am certain to thrive under guidance from your team of esteemed professors and experienced lecturers by applying my acquired knowledge and initiatives in group discussions, team assignments and private tasks. It would be highly motivating to gain a chance to hone my competence in economics theory and practice through exchange of ideas and networking with my peers en route our quests for true wisdom. This opportunity will enable me to contribute meaningfully towards the growth of my university.

Source: https://meziesblog.com/statement-of-purpose-sop-for-economics/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sample Statement Of Purpose (SOP) For Economics by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:47am On May 08, 2023
Are you finding it exhausting to put together your application/admission documents? Put your worries aside. At PatPhil Nigeria, our skilled experts provide you with the best application writing services:

• STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

• PERSONAL STATEMENT

• RESUME/CV

• LETTER OF EXPLANATION

• LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION

• ADMISSION ESSAY

• COLD EMAIL

• WAIVER REQUEST LETTER kiss kiss

Call/watsapp 08112658211

(1) (Reply)

How To Find The Square Roots Of Numbers Without Using Calculator / List Of Documents To Submit For Swedish Student Visa Please / Studying In Hungary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.