Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,564 members, 7,958,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:15 PM

Life Is An Art (the Things That Really Matter) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Is An Art (the Things That Really Matter) (452 Views)

The Things Madam Kofo Did - 18+ (Revised Edition) / The Things Madam Kofo Did (18+) / Life Is An Art (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Is An Art (the Things That Really Matter) by mareeam802(f): 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2019
It was a loud crashing sound…enough to rattle the window panes, followed by cries of children. We shivered during prayer…we couldn’t concentrate…I could feel the tension all around me. The way we were all anxious for the prayer to end. The way we muttered prayers of protection silently, hopeful that our loved ones do not get hurt.

It was during Ramadan- when a popular lecturer had been invited to give a lecture - that the incident occurred. We had taken a break to perform the Zuhr prayer and proceed to the lecture ground afterwards.

The mosque was filled to the brim with a mix of people: those who had travelled from faraway places to listen attend the programme and listen to the sermon presented by a notable lecturer. We were clogged to each other and breathing in the mixed smell of used air...

Continue reading https://www.maryamnittywall.com/2019/07/my-life-is-art-things-that-really-matter.html

(1) (Reply)

Afraid To Love Episode 1 / 2019 Man Booker Prize: Two Nigerian Author Longlisted / Fiction/creative Non-fiction Editors Needed For Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.