Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani (1321 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode: ‘Fulanis Are The Greatest Danger To Nigeria's Unity’ / You Are A Danger To Our Democracy- Oby Comes For Buhari. / Diversion of Public Funds Not Corruption Greatest Danger, Okonjo-iweala Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by sarrki(m): 6:20am On Jul 06, 2019
My column on the back page of today’s Nigerian Tribune. Snippet: On the surface, it sounds counterintuitive, even ridiculously counterfactual, to suggest that an unreflective Fulani supremacist like Muhammadu Buhari is the single greatest threat to members of his ethnic group. But it’s true. Here is why.
Although I had always been aware of this fact, it was actually a Fulani person who caused me to develop a heightened consciousness of it. In a lengthy phone conversation last weekend, a cosmopolitan Nigerian of Fulani ethnicity shared with me his deep worries about the deepening animus toward the Fulani all over Nigeria.

In his 1983 pamphlet titled The Trouble with Nigeria, Chinua Achebe talked of “the national resentment of the Igbo.” If Achebe were alive, he would probably agree that the Fulani have displaced the Igbo from this position. In most parts of Nigeria today, the Fulani are feared, resented, reviled, and avoided like never before.

To be sure, inter-ethnic relations have always been intensely conflictual right from Nigeria’s founding, and fear of “Fulani domination” is an enduring anxiety in both the South and in the Christian North. But the sort of mass resentment of the Fulani that has enveloped the country in the last few years since Buhari has been “president” has no precedent.

My Fulani interlocutor attributed this to Buhari’s unprecedentedly explicit favoritism toward the Fulani even when, as he said, “the favoritism does nothing to advance the living conditions of the average Fulani person.” Bloody farmer/herder clashes aren’t new, but they took a different dimension when Buhari appointed himself as the chief defender of and spokesperson for Fulani herders where studied neutrality from him would have been helpful. Read more at

Buhari is the Single Greatest Danger to the Fulani

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2019/07/buhari-is-single-greatest-danger-to.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by sarrki(m): 6:25am On Jul 06, 2019
Dem say he wi die before 2019 election- he lived

Dem come talk say nah Jubril of Sudan

Later dem talk say him get ear problem

After dat one dem say he wants to islamize Nigeria

Dem add say he’s against the Igbo race

Dem talk of the fulanization

Again dem don come with new one

He’s a threat to Fulani !!’

Buhari dey really torment enemies of the state badly

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by blackpanda: 6:32am On Jul 06, 2019
[s]
sarrki:
My column on the back page of today’s Nigerian Tribune. Snippet: On the surface, it sounds counterintuitive, even ridiculously counterfactual, to suggest that an unreflective Fulani supremacist like Muhammadu Buhari is the single greatest threat to members of his ethnic group. But it’s true. Here is why.
Although I had always been aware of this fact, it was actually a Fulani person who caused me to develop a heightened consciousness of it. In a lengthy phone conversation last weekend, a cosmopolitan Nigerian of Fulani ethnicity shared with me his deep worries about the deepening animus toward the Fulani all over Nigeria.

In his 1983 pamphlet titled The Trouble with Nigeria, Chinua Achebe talked of “the national resentment of the Igbo.” If Achebe were alive, he would probably agree that the Fulani have displaced the Igbo from this position. In most parts of Nigeria today, the Fulani are feared, resented, reviled, and avoided like never before.

To be sure, inter-ethnic relations have always been intensely conflictual right from Nigeria’s founding, and fear of “Fulani domination” is an enduring anxiety in both the South and in the Christian North. But the sort of mass resentment of the Fulani that has enveloped the country in the last few years since Buhari has been “president” has no precedent.

My Fulani interlocutor attributed this to Buhari’s unprecedentedly explicit favoritism toward the Fulani even when, as he said, “the favoritism does nothing to advance the living conditions of the average Fulani person.” Bloody farmer/herder clashes aren’t new, but they took a different dimension when Buhari appointed himself as the chief defender of and spokesperson for Fulani herders where studied neutrality from him would have been helpful. Read more at

Buhari is the Single Greatest Danger to the Fulani

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2019/07/buhari-is-single-greatest-danger-to.html?m=1

[/s][s][/s]

Piece of crap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 6:40am On Jul 06, 2019
Greatest threat to FULANI in particular .... and greatest danger to Nigeria in general!

Stone age menace to modern living!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by orisa37: 6:48am On Jul 06, 2019
All Fulanis of Buhari's Stuff are dangerously mischievous And are all thinklessly implementing Usman Dan Fodio's Legacies. And God isn't buying their Ideas.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by jamace(m): 7:12am On Jul 06, 2019
THERE SHALL BE NO WAR IF ...

by

Moses Oludele Idowu

Some people think Nigeria is headed for war. I read an article this morning about The Civil War This Time...
But hear me and hear me well: THERE SHALL BE NO WAR EXCEPT THE SOUTHERNERS, ESPECIALLY THE YORUBAS FAILED TO DO THE. NEEDFUL.

I have not seen a war. I do not see a war. And there shall be no war if the people of the South especially the Yorubas will do what is needful and what is required of them.
This is the path of plain logic and where it leads me.
I will explain because the real article is still coming.
Now ask yourself this question: Why do people engage in war?

1. Because one party feels he is in a position to win or strong enough to win.
2. Because of irreconcilable differences...
3. To address injustice and oppression etc.

Now the number one reason is the most important. No matter the injustice you don't attack an enemy when there is no chance of winning. There is just no way.
Thus the most potent reason for war is WEAKNESS.
WEAKNESS invites aggression and war. Have you noticed that the student who is quiet and easy going is also the one everyone wants to fight - even the girls.
Thus the worst and the number one cause of war is to be Weak, indecisive, confused, incoherent etc.

Why did Hitler attack France, Britain and Russia? Because they feared war and made concession with Hitler making themselves weak in the process while Hitler became strong. That history belongs to another day.
Why did Hitler spare Switzerland? Because it is a strong and wel fortified nation.

Why did Jordan joined Egypt and Syria to attack Israel in 1967 but refused to join them in 1973?
Because having lost West Bank and Jerusalem the only thing left to lose is the capital and probably King Hussein's crown.

Why has the Syrians and Egypt not tried that gamble again to attack Israel since 1973 instead Egypt has made peace with Israel?
Because having lost tragically the last time it is suicidal attempting such because Israel is a strong nation. In the 1973 war Israel soldiers wiped out entire Third Army of Egypt, crossed the SuezCanal and were on their way to take Cairo - they were 19 kilometres to Cairo when UN motivated by Russia issued a Cease-fire.

That is Dominion.

That is my Central thesis which I want all Southern people to grasp: Peace is not achieved by negotiation or pleadings or begging. Peace is achieved by making it difficult to wage war.
Peace is achieved y making it costly to wage war.

When a nation loses a whole division of an army and lost more land then you don't need to appeal to her not to fight again.

Thus the real temptation to the Fulqnis is the weakness and disunity of the SOUTHERNERS especially the Yorubas.

To prevent war Be Strong. To avert war be very strong. That is all.

The fulani has a right to plan. They have a right to seek for a West African nation that will house all fulanis and Arabs in the world. It is within their right to seek and plan for their own progress. It is also within my own plan to safeguard my land against attack and made it so costly both in cash and kind, both in blood and property for anyone to ever think of attacking me
It is all about Strategy. It is about Tacboulah - the Hebrew word for strategy which General Sharon tells us he had always used and has never failed him.

So it is very easy really.

Has any nation ever attacked America? Only once in 1941 on a Sunday morning. But Japanese are still regretting that attack till today, and generations of Japanese will regret it. They wished they hadn't done it.

That is power. Make it so costly for anyone to even attempt to strike at you. Then peace is guaranteed.
America made Cuba miserable. They treated Castro like a dog not a ruler. They blockade the whole nation by land and sea and air and stopped them from engaging in trade or receiving help from other nation. "You have sugarcane, so eat your sugarcane"..
America! That is Dominion. Why did Cuba not fight or engage in war against America? Because the likelihood of success is zero.
And that is why there was no war!

Did you get the logic.

Today Yorubas are being kidnapped in their own local government and their women are being raped and vowing not to come to Nigeria again.
And what measure have Yorubas provided for this?

Nothing! Except big grammar, euphemism, garrulity, as if battles are won on the pages of newspapers.
No coherent: systematic and well-defined approach to address the issues and make the troublers pay dearly for their crimes. They are appealing to Federal Government and to police ...

Indeed, God taketh the crafty in their craftiness. So if insecurity continues it is not the fault of the herdsmen or fulani, it is the fault of the people who refused to defend themselves which the law provides for. If there is war it is because the fulani feel they. An win because they perceive the other as weak because they made themselves weak.
So I do not see a war but there could be war if the Yorubas continue in the attiude of passivity and indifference as they have been doing. Today Yorubas are divided. No coherent and Clarion voice to rally around. No ringing voice to listen to....
Everywhere it is echoes I here, the timid and frightful cockoo of a frightened chicken. No confidence. Lacking in assurance.
Today the Ibos are one on this issue and are ready. The Ijaws are one and have spoken, the Rivers have spoken in clear and unmistakable language for even the deaf to hear...
What about the Yorubas?
They are organizing ... while their highways and forests are being enciricled and surrounded.

Joseph warned Pharaoh of a tragedy that is coming but it could be averted. Pharaoh listened and took advice and saved a nation from tragedy.
Again I warn Yorubas: wake up. Your weakness and disunity invite agression and is too tempting for war.
What then is to be done?
Simple: Let every community, every town and village set up its own militia of the natives of that town across religious lines. Made up of able- bodied persons according to the population. Their primary responsibility is their town and nothing else. That is allowed, a group of natives have a right to secure their town and their forests and farmland. Those towns have been before Nigeria came to be and in a crisis the last to come is the first to be laid off.
Let each Yoruba community have this. Same for all including Northern states that are being terrorised. Robbers came to Offa and killed 50 persons in one day. People going to their work in their own town without rioting or fighting. But if Offa people have had their own local militia of even 400 all armed even with Dane guns and matchets not a single one of those rascals would have escaped alive. You got the logic?
The people who are kidnapping are doing that because they are the only ones who have access to military grade weapons and other weapons. And no one is Confronting them. Instead our own government is asking us, we the people, to surrender our guns and other weapons. Sometimes this government by it's policy statements astounds me.
In the light of these let each community begins without further delay.
We shall take it from there.

I am your compatriot

Copyright© Moses Oludele Idowu ( Jul 3, 2019)

Gbam�

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by orisa37: 7:52am On Jul 06, 2019
Dem say he wi die in 2019. Yes. We are still in 2019.

Dem come talk say nah Jubril of Sudan. We are still observing.

Later dem talk say him get ear problem. 'cos he is incorrigible and exercising power undemocratically. He is jumping the queue.

After dat one dem say he wants to islamize Nigeria. He is too much of a guerrilla Soldier. His closeness to Turkey, Morocco, Niger, Chad, North Cameroon and Saudi.

Dem add say he’s against the Igbo race.. Let him marry Peter Obi's Daughter to inherit his Ruga.

Dem talk of the fulanization--The main Thrust and Reason behind his Ruga-Settlement Project. Thanks to OBJ, a Senior Member of his primary constituency.

He’s a threat to Fulani" !! Because he is failing them fast. Ruga has let the Cat out of The Bag. Again thanks to OBJ for his Military prowess.

Buhari dey really torment his opposition selfishly.

Like The Israelis and Pharaoh of Egypt, God is in charge of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by helinues: 8:05am On Jul 06, 2019
Double standard by op... Almost a week ago, he was lamenting bitterly when Ruga was about to affects his farm ..

Now that the idea of Ruga has been dropped, Buhari is now best cold beer in a sunny day..

Wetin I sabi self

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by sarrki(m): 9:09am On Jul 06, 2019
helinues:
Double standard by op... Almost a week ago, he was lamenting bitterly when Ruga was about to affects his farm ..

Now that the idea of Ruga has been dropped, Buhari is now best cold beer in a sunny day..

Wetin I sabi self

I am not a blind follower

The farm in question Was then

I don’t own a farm in Taraba anymore for your information

Where is the idea of Ruga now ?

It was dropped

Me President claimed that most of the stuffs in it he was not aware

I still stand in it Ruga is a bad idea

N for your answer on double standard?

I am not an Apc nor Pdp online miscreants

That’s why I owe Know one apology to speak my mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by DogmaNation: 9:10am On Jul 06, 2019
sarrki:
Dem say he wi die before 2019 election- he lived

Dem come talk say nah Jubril of Sudan

Later dem talk say him get ear problem

After dat one dem say he wants to islamize Nigeria

Dem add say he’s against the Igbo race

Dem talk of the fulanization

He’s a threat to Fulani !!’

Buhari dey really torment enemies of the state badly

Nu worry hungry go kill u very soon. U see that ur only farm land wen ur old man manage leave for u for Taraba? Dem fulanis go collect am grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by Zikora1000(f): 9:17am On Jul 06, 2019
Sarki is Yoruba. Trust a Yoruba man at your own peril. Say a thing, and do another thing else. Yoruba? Tufiakwa
Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by RichBoy247: 10:05am On Jul 06, 2019
Buhari is a Fulani man. If he is also a threat to Fulanis, how does it concern miscreants and nincompoops in the South?
Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by RichBoy247: 10:06am On Jul 06, 2019
Buhari is a Fulani man. If he is also a threat to Fulanis, how does it concern miscreants and nincompoops that are non-Fulanis?
Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by VisioDirect: 11:01am On Jul 06, 2019
The truth is, the country has got no future and we shouldn't have a country call Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by Blackfire(m): 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2019
Sarrki when your Messiah wanted to implement RUGA in your father's land you cried like a goat under the rain.

Now that we the wailers wailled in your deaf Messiah ears , he suspended it.... Now you have mouth.

By the way , dem don pay you?? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by sarrki(m): 12:22pm On Jul 06, 2019
Blackfire:
Sarrki when your Messiah wanted to implement RUGA in your father's land you cried like a goat under the rain.

Now that we the wailers wailled in your deaf Messiah ears , he suspended it.... Now you have mouth.

By the way , dem don pay you?? grin grin grin

Dem dey owe me 36 month salary
Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by Cletus77(m): 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2019
helinues:

Wetin I sabi self
sarrki:

I am not a blind follower

The farm in question Was then

I don’t own a farm in Taraba anymore for your information

Where is the idea of Ruga now ?

It was dropped

Me President claimed that most of the stuffs in it he was not aware

I still stand in it Ruga is a bad idea

N for your answer on double standard?

I am not an Apc nor Pdp online miscreants

That’s why I owe Know one apology to speak my mind

Zombies are counteracting themselves..*sips cold beer* grin
Am enjoying this grin
Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by sarrki(m): 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cletus77:

Zombies are counteracting themselves..*sips cold beer* grin
Am enjoying this grin

I don take one chilled 1759 already

Going for another one again
Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by Cletus77(m): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2019
sarrki:

I don take one chilled 1759 already

Going for another one again
How many bottles is that?
Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by sarrki(m): 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cletus77:

How many bottles is that?

You be Jjc

1759 is a brand
Re: Buhari Is The Single Greatest Danger To The Fulani by Cletus77(m): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2019
sarrki:

You be Jjc

1759 is a brand
Wetin I Sabi for drink? grin

(1) (Reply)

Not long ago-Why We Demolished Catholic Church In Kano- Ibrahim Shekarau / Nnamdi Kanu Mocks Orji Uzor Kalu, Calls Him “efulefu” / Supreme Court Adjourns All Guber Cases Over Sick Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.