Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

How To Pray Easily And Repeatedly - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Pray Easily And Repeatedly (173 Views)

Congregation Silent As Ghanaian Pastor Begs For Money Repeatedly. Photos And Vid / As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Pray Easily And Repeatedly by Sammy774(m): 7:01am On Jul 06, 2019
God is not a prostitute. He doesn't want an affair. He wants a relationship.

For there is a spirit in man.

When robbers want to invade a particular area, the first thing they do is cut off the power supply. Then everywhere becomes dark enough for them to carry out their operation.

Same strategy the devil uses when he wants to ruin you. Firstly, he cuts off your prayer life. Prayer is your MAJOR connection to God. The moment you stop praying, you automatically get plunged into spiritual darkness.

Growing up, I'd wake up at midnight to study, and find my Dad on his knees, praying. I'd read for an hour or two, then fall asleep. Only to wake up and he's still praying. At times, he'd pray till 5am, then wake us up for morning devotion. And still go to work!�

And for me, even that 10mins morning devotion sef na war. I nor fit count how many times my Mama fire my head with one leg of shoe, sake of say sleep nor gree me talk "amen". Kai!�

Well, after I became a Christian, I realized the importance of prayer. But I couldn't keep up like my Dad. I began to feel guilty and angry..

Until God taught me something...

You see, God is a good Father, and he treats us according to our individual capacities. So listen.

Now we all have a cellphone abi?
But the thing is, no matter what you intend to do with your cellphone, if you don't charge it, it becomes useless.

Same applies to your spirit. As a Christian, your spirit is like a cellphone. God is your power source, and prayer is your charger. So if you don't connect yourself to God daily by prayer what happens?

You'd lose your power, run down and become spiritually irrelevant. Simple.

But good thing is: Ever since I came to understand the similitude between my spirit and a cellphone, I no longer cry or envy my Dad and his long prayers. You know why?

Lesson 1: My Dad likes to pray for hours. In other words, he prefers to charge his phone all through the night. So it could last him all day. But since short attention span people like me can't pray for long hours, what to do?

I carry my USB cord and power bank everywhere I go.

In other words, I might not be able to pray for 30 mins, but I don't go 30mins without prayer.

Think of a life that's constantly talking to God. You wake up in the morning, and you say something to him. You get into the kitchen, and you say another thing to him. You get into a cab and you tell him something else. You're walking on the street, and you're praying for people. You're posting on Facebook, and you're praying for your audience. You're having lunch and you're talking to him. See?
So I'm consistently praying...

Lesson 2: Begin to see prayer as TALKING TO GOD. Just talking. Building a relationship with him. So wherever you are, feel free to open up your mouth and just talk to him. You don't have to assume a particular posture.

For example, you get into your workplace and everywhere is looking rowdy and chaotic. You can just say "Father I thank you because your peace is in this place..." See? You're praying already!

Good thing, you don't even have to start shouting or attracting attention. You can whisper under your breath, or even pray in your mind.

Power is not about noise. It's about who or what's backing you. And if God be for you...

So from today, begin to talk to God at every point in time.

You're confused? "Father I thank you because I have direction.
You're afraid? Father I thank you because I am not alone.
You're tired? Father I thank you because you're my strenght. Etc...

Before you know it, you'd begin to love prayer.

And erm... sometimes, just thank God because of whom He is. That is the only way you can actually grow faster in your prayer life.

A lot of us only pray when we need something from God. After that, end of discussion.
But even in our daily lives, relationships aren't built that way na. Imagine you have friends that show up only when they need stuff from you. Won't you distance yourself from them?

See if you learn to commune with God because of whom He is, he'd draw you closer. Because everybody responds to love. I tell you!

Many of us are chasing after God for what He can give us, not because of His personality. God is not a prostitute. He wants a relationship. Not an affair.

The Bible says, "He that must come to God must believe that He is and He's a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him..."

Many of you are not coming to a God who Is, you are coming to a God who Has. And that's why you don't know him and he doesn't reward you.

Lesson 4: Pray with faith. I can't stress this enough. Please pray with faith. If you don't believe your prayers are actually changing things, nothing would change. The only way you can move the hand of God is through faith. God is moved by your faith, not tears.

Finally, can I tell you something? It is still not easy. Prayer is like exercising your body. It starts off as a discipline first, before it becomes a desire. You have to cultivate the habit of constantly inviting God into your daily life. Remember he's a gentle man? So he'd never badge in on you. �

So start from tonight. Start talking to Him. Any day you forget, don't beat yourself up. Just pick up and continue. Na gradual process. Very soon you'd begin to to get used to it, because "a man eventually becomes a slave of whatever he yeilds himself to." -2Peter 2:19.

1 Like

Re: How To Pray Easily And Repeatedly by Ajoboss(m): 7:26am On Jul 06, 2019
Nice write up OP
Front page material

(1) (Reply)

Sayings And Deeds That Have Rewards In Islam Part 2 / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You Are Surrounded By Mountains / The Great Commission Matthew 24:14!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.