Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Pay My Pension, 104-year-old WW Ll Veteran Urges FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pay My Pension, 104-year-old WW Ll Veteran Urges FG (349 Views)

Pa Akintola Williams Dies At 104 / I Endorse Peter Obi for Presidency - 104-Year-Old Mama Africa (Video) / AA National Chairman Buries 104 Year Old Dad In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pay My Pension, 104-year-old WW Ll Veteran Urges FG by Ify05: 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2019
A 104-year-old World War ll veteran of the Nigerian Army, Adamo Aduku on Saturday urged the Federal Government to pay his pension.

Aduku was one of those conferred with the Chief of Army Staff World War II Veteran Award at the 2019 Army Day Celebration in Lagos.

While speaking to journalists at the event, he lamented that since he was discharged as a Private from the Nigerian Army, he was yet to receive his pension.

“I joined the Royal West African Frontier Force in 1942 in Markurdi, Benue State. Trained in Laguna and deployed to India during World War II. I fought at Calcutta.

“I returned to Lagos in 1946 and was of the 4 Brigade Guard Group until I was discharged in that same year.

“I rejoined the Nigerian Army in 1950 in Zaria and was finally discharged in 1957 as a private soldier.

“I’m currently a farmer in Ibejukolo Omala Local Government Area in Kogi State.

“I have not being paid my pension since I was discharged and I’m appealing to the federal government to look into the matter so I can get my pension, ” he said.

Oduku thanked the Nigerian Army for the award.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/pay-pension-104-year-old-ww-ll-veteran-urges-fg/

1 Like

Re: Pay My Pension, 104-year-old WW Ll Veteran Urges FG by FirstCounsel(m): 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2019
Can you imagine? One would have thought that before the old man is brought out of his resting place to Lagos all issues about his pension and comfort would have been sorted out before seeing the VP. The old man had to voice out. Na waaa

(1) (Reply)

Why El-zakzaky Is Still In Detention. / NASS Leadership Election: PDP Takes Fresh Action / Dabiri-erewa Demands Investigation Into Death Of Nigerian Ph.d. Student In Malay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.