Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down (38812 Views)

Ooni And His Wife, Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Welcome A Son / Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Celebrates 7th Year Of En-Heralds Ministry / Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Biography, Age, Ooni Of Ife Prophetess Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Gistring: 8:38pm On Jul 06, 2019
The Ooni of Ife’s wife, Olori Naomi Ogunwusi, has admitted that she has always loved the white garment church, Cherubim & Seraphim.

Speaking on Saturday at the Seraphim Media Summit held at Seraph Land, Maba, Ogun State, Olori said she was born and raised up in a Bible-believing church but whenever she preached as a young girl, they said she sounded like a member of C&S.

She said, “When I began preaching at a tender age, it was strange to the church I worshipped. They said I preached like the people from C&S. I thank you for bringing me here today because I have always wanted to be identified with the people they say I preach like. I love the church so much and I will always speak for you anywhere.”

She advised members to shun negative criticisms, saying that it was a deliberate act by certain people to ridicule what the church stood for.

She explained, “I rejoice with the church today because of the foundation. When I wanted to learn about indigenous men of God, the first person that came to my mind was the late founder of the church, Moses Orimolade. I want you to know that you are a beautiful brand regardless of what people say about you. You have a beautiful mark of identification; with your white garment, you don’t need any further introduction to anyone.

“We all know that in every original product, there are fake ones. People will always try to bring you down. When people said I was preaching like a C&S member, they were trying to bring me down,” she said.

Delivering her keynote address, the Founder of Love of Christ Generation in London, Rev Mother Esther Ajayi, said the mission of C&S was to renew the image of the church.

He said, “This summit is important because we live in a world that is changing. We are called all sorts of names by people. Even people who come to us for help tarnish us in the daylight. But like other denominations, we all have our shortcomings and humans will always be humans.”

She also said the founder of the church was never a cultist, maintaining that C&S is the only indigenous church that doesn’t have any western influence, “Our late founder was not a cultist but he was feared by cultists. When I met with Pastor Enoch Adeboye recently, he said his late mother was always saying that fetish people feared C&S because they knew they were powerful.

“I urge the media to be free and fair when reporting C&S like they are with others. Nollywood practitioners should stop using white garment to portray bad characters. Members must also avoid dragging the name of the church through the mud,” Ajayi added.

Meanwhile, the Supreme Head, Cherubim & Seraphim Unification Church of Nigeria, Dr Prophet Solomon Alao, who appreciated the organisers of the summit said that with all the church has done to provide spiritual and physical supports for humanity, that it was unbelievable many take joy in tagging the church in ungodly names, which negate the essence of the church.

He added, “We are pleading with them to fear God. I admit that we have a few bad eggs among us but this is not peculiar to our church alone.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/when-i-started-preaching-people-want-to-bring-me-down-says-ooni-of-ifes-wife/

5 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Gistring: 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2019
Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by donbachi(m): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2019
Aah jesu!.oluwa o..sokale mimo.

4 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Tolexander: 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2019
donbachi:
Aah jesu!.oluwa o..sokale mimo.
holy Micheal
Holy Gabriel
Holy sha lateyin
Ba mi sha logo

25 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Tolexander: 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2019
Meanwhile, the Supreme Head, Cherubim & Seraphim Unification Church of Nigeria, Dr Prophet Solomon Alao, who appreciated the organisers of the summit said that with all the church has done to provide spiritual and physical supports for humanity, that it was unbelievable many take joy in tagging the church in ungodly names, which negate the essence of the church.
I thought he will address the division in Cherubim and Seraphim churches, “Ayo ni o”, “Idapo Alafia” et al

3 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by aguiyi2: 10:49am On Jul 07, 2019
How do you marry the doctrine of christianity with deity worship?. Abi you no dey follow Ooni do sacrifice to the gods?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Firefire(m): 10:50am On Jul 07, 2019
PhD people.

Pull Him/Her Down.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2019
Light and darkness don't mix. You are a child of devil

8 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by AngelicBeing: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2019
Olokun pastor, Evangelist,, chai grin

3 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by honest1480(m): 10:52am On Jul 07, 2019
No one can bring u down in life except u yourself by accepting defeat.

5 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by lonelydora: 10:52am On Jul 07, 2019
The painful part is Christians join Non-christians to bring Men of God down, or bring anything Church down.

Proverbs 18: 2 - For those that will quote me

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Titheman(m): 10:54am On Jul 07, 2019
thank god she married into the white garment family

4 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by iCauseTrouble: 10:54am On Jul 07, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by barrydee(m): 10:54am On Jul 07, 2019
This one is deceiving herself & the gullible ones that she is a Christian/prophetess. She is a Traditionalist to the core.
99.9% of Yorubas are Traditionalists. They only align with a religion (Christianity or Islam) solely for their personal gains.
Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi, adefarasin are multibillionaires today because of Christianity while the likes of MKO, Tinubu, etc became wealthy & powerful as a result of their allegiance to Islam.
That's why you see a Yoruba man singing hallelujah in church but just a small headache, he will run to his Babalawo for an inquiry. The same thing applies to their Moslems.

At the end of the day, WE ARE AFRICANS so who am I to judge?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by MrPRevailer(m): 10:55am On Jul 07, 2019
"If the world hate you, know that it first hated me" -Jesus Christ

"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us." 1 John 2:19

5 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by MobilityExpress: 10:55am On Jul 07, 2019
Just a harmless question, what's the difference between Cele and C&S? Which one came first and how come they look similar?

2 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 07, 2019
Who b dis?
Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Phock2sweet: 10:56am On Jul 07, 2019
And she did blood sacrifice and walked on a dead goat blood.... Devil is rejoicing somewhere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2019
Tolexander:
I thought he will address the division in Cherubim and Seraphim churches, “Ayo ni o”, “Idapo Alafia” et al

Not a member of C and S...but there are better avenues than a Sunday service, and an interdemonational one for that matter to discuss such issues.
Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Partnerbiz3: 10:59am On Jul 07, 2019
I need to learn how she combines her role as Ooni's wife and her church roles.

4 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by enemyofprogress: 10:59am On Jul 07, 2019
Mammy water power. If you know you know

3 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by enemyofprogress: 11:00am On Jul 07, 2019
pesinfada:
Who b dis?
a retired olosho

4 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by salford1: 11:01am On Jul 07, 2019
MobilityExpress:
Just a harmless question, what's the difference between Cele and C&S? Which one came first and how come they look similar?
Cele: Founded by Oshoffa, a Beninoise.
C&S: Founddd by Orimolade

You can easily tell them apart by their white garment. Celes usually have a square shaped garment at the neck.

Both churches can use candle and the atlantic ocean to deal with people spiritually lol.

15 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 07, 2019
Of course Christians (CHRISTlike) I didn't say church goers and bench warmers, will suffer persecution.

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

3 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 07, 2019
It is well with you..
Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by EternalBeing: 11:03am On Jul 07, 2019

6 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Born2Breed(f): 11:03am On Jul 07, 2019
C&S and Olokun worshippers are synonymous.

1 Like

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by Ostrogoth(m): 11:04am On Jul 07, 2019
Why is it that this church is always seeking cheap validation? Why do they have to mention Pastor Adeboye, saying that he said cultists fear their church? Pastor Adeboye no get anthing to do with his time again?
Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by akeentech(m): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2019
Joromi12:
Light and darkness don't mix. You are a child of devil

Kettle calling Pot black

3 Likes

Re: Naomi Ogunwusi: When I Started Preaching, People Wanted To Bring Me Down by pyro62(m): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2019
Holy Michael

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shahida Sanusi, Abdul Baba Ahmed, Her Husband And Their Daughter (Photos) / Saliu Adetunji, The Next Olubadan, He Was Promoted 3 Weeks Ago! / A List Of Yoruba Charms And Their Uses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.