Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

What If Your Wife Can't Cook? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If Your Wife Can't Cook? (6196 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by pisces20: 12:27pm On May 10, 2007
They say the stomach is the way to a man's heart and it has been proven to be true.
But nowadays ladies don't even go close to the kitchen talkless of knowing what to do there. So guys what would you do if after getting married to the lady of your dreams you find out that she doesn't know how to cook. would you send her packing or teach her (that's if you know) how to cook, or will you send her back to her parents or guardian to learn from them. what would you do?
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by Seun(m): 12:30pm On May 10, 2007
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by Creamish(f): 2:41pm On May 11, 2007
Can u cook? if u can, teach her---otherwise, em--God help u both undecided
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by CrazyMan(m): 8:00pm On May 11, 2007
Love is about sharing right?

If she can't cook, i'll teach her provided that i love her so much.
I can't dump a girl simply because she can't cook.
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by busygirl(f): 10:12pm On May 11, 2007
Teach her how to cook or you send her to her mum for cookery lessons
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by Rlst84sale(m): 8:42pm On May 12, 2007
Buy her a cook book, or pay for her to learn how, or you cook, besides, eating cooked foods everytime is bad for health anyway.
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by BBoy3(m): 9:18pm On May 12, 2007
Get her to take lessons
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by donabi: 9:20pm On May 12, 2007
besides eating cooked foods evrytime is bad for health anyway

really and where did u get dat from. undecided undecided
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by DoubleN(m): 9:39pm On May 12, 2007
One of the things that will attract me to a woman first of all is her ability to cook.Leaving out looks and the ability to understand her partner a woman should definately know how to cook.If on the contary she dooesn't know how to cook i wud definately try to teach her but she must be very willing to learn and must also go out of her way to improve herself.
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by Seun(m): 9:41pm On May 12, 2007
If my wife is a Nigerian, she will probably know how to cook. If not, I don't care. I'll just hire a cook. No big deal!
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by Ollie39: 10:30pm On May 12, 2007
Hire a cook smiley
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by busygirl(f): 11:07pm On May 12, 2007
[/quote][quote author=Seun link=topic=52867.msg1112050#msg1112050 date=1179002489]
If my wife is a Nigerian, she will probably know how to cook. If not, I don't care. I'll just hire a cook. No big deal!
@ Seun, your responses on the threads really makes me LAUGH cheesy cheesy
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by Mula(f): 11:32pm On May 12, 2007
i don't know how to cook. who cares as long as my husband is having sex with me , he better know how to cook because i've already fulfilled my role as a wife sexually. it's his turn to satisfy me by doing the cooking. Moreover i'm a westerner and you can buy ready-made meals at the grocery stores or supermarkets. Anyways I'm going to be a Trophy Wife because i'm going to marry the ugliest man in the land so i don't need to lift a finger to do any housework.
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by temmyabby(f): 11:43pm On May 12, 2007
U'll deal with it undecided , u knew she couldn't cook before u married her
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by teddyface(m): 12:38am On May 13, 2007
it cant happen to me because she must have cooked times without numbers before we even think of getting married.

their two ways to a mans heart. A good cooked meal and a wonderful Bleep
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by donan(m): 1:29am On May 13, 2007
@mula
Your response is funny
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by omoge(f): 2:17am On May 13, 2007
Seun meant going to Buka daily grin
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by ccaramel(f): 2:33am On May 13, 2007
Mula:

Anyways I'm going to be a Trophy Wife because i'm going to marry the ugliest man in the land so i don't need to lift a finger to do any housework.

wtf, you are kidding right?
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by pmdaboh(f): 5:44am On May 13, 2007
Well it seems to me that during the course of getting to know your wife prior to marrying her, you should have found out whether she could cook or not. If it was a great concern to you, it should have come up in one of your conversations. Since you did not take the time to find out whether she could cook prior to marrying her, but probably only assumed she could, it is not her fault. If you love her dearly, you will simply not throw her away, but take the time to teach her yourself or find someone else to do it.

Also, once you are married, your wife is no longer the responsibility of her parents. Sending her back home to learn how to cook, to me, is inappropriate, for you are her husband, and you simply should not send her back to her parents, at will, whenever she does or does not do things that pleases you. Learn how to deal with your problems and issues as a couple, for you are grown.
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by iice(f): 5:49am On May 13, 2007
pmdaboh, well said, couldnt have said it any better.
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by kliverpool(m): 8:03am On May 13, 2007
MULA u are funny u want your hussy to give u quality time on empty stomach.you are a serial killer.
just add good meal to the menu you will be surprised how good he is going to handle you.
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by worldismy(m): 1:56pm On May 13, 2007
she should knw how to cook because she is a woman
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by iice(f): 2:08pm On May 13, 2007
LMFAO i tire for people ooo hehehehehe
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by BIKINI(f): 2:27pm On May 13, 2007
u marrried her right? so i believe she is ok in other areas. 4 d cooking aspect, u shuld learn 2geda. make out time 4 both of you to experiment on new dishes . just the two of u in the kitchen 2geda, now won't dat be romantic? try it .
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by jidody(m): 4:52pm On May 13, 2007
If she is willing to learn, no problem. I'll employ all means possible to ensure she learns. On the other hand, if she does not want to learn, there will problems.
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by segedoo(m): 6:10pm On May 13, 2007
No Qualms.
I intend to employ a chef anyway.
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by Rlst84sale(m): 11:08pm On May 13, 2007
What some people write baffles me sometimes, I don't care what a man tells you while you are courting as history has had it from older people that have been married for several years they said that once you start living together years after years things become different.

If you could endure all those hardship and discipline to acquire such education as you have (qualification irrelevant) why not invest few weeks and learn how to cook if it's important to your future union. Afterall, if it's to earn money or part of interview to secure a great job there are many that would take a few weeks course on it. For most fellow brothers it's important that wife to be knows how to cook, except few of us that can cook even if it doesn't taste that greatl (lol) or that are not so big on it, cook or no cook, she has to be clean, I can't stand a dirty woman.
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by oge4real(f): 9:38am On May 14, 2007
what's all this noise about food and cooking?what happened to prayer and FASTING? lipsrsealed
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by mystikal(m): 9:44am On May 14, 2007
who cares if my woman can't cook, i must've already known that when i met her!
there are more important things a woman can be than a wonderful cook!
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by ne4real(f): 10:19am On May 14, 2007
it's a big shame and slap on the face for a woman not to know how to cook. then what did her mother teach her to do then?
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by cgift(m): 1:03pm On May 14, 2007
ne4real:

it's a big shame and slap on the face for a woman not to know how to cook. then what did her mother teach her to do then?

ABEG FORGET TALK! Your children can find themselves in such a situation. Take for instance, you are marrid to a vry big man, urslf, a very big top excutive. Live in a duplex or something with houselps/maids plenty who does and she grows up like and went to a school she had no need or cooking ? How on arth do you think she will no hw to cook. Lets b realistic. These things do happen. The most important question will be is hse teachable. If my girl friend (say) dos not know how to, i will first ensure that she is tachabl. If she is, then no problem. Tachability will require humility. If sh is not teachable, i wont go near her for marraige. Thanks you. cool
Re: What If Your Wife Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 1:56pm On May 14, 2007
teach her

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nice Toys Bed For Kids For Sale 08029753141 / When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... / She Is Not Your Slave!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.