Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

"My Family Have Something Against Cameroon" — Jay Jay Okocha - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "My Family Have Something Against Cameroon" — Jay Jay Okocha (632 Views)

Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / Jay-Jay Okocha And Others Announce FIFA Best Awards Nominees. Photos / Governor Udom Visits Super Eagles, Promises $10,000 Per Goal Against Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Family Have Something Against Cameroon" — Jay Jay Okocha by somebars: 7:25am On Jul 07, 2019

Former Super Eagles captain, Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha delved into memory lane as his cousin Alex Iwobi fired home the winning goal of their round of 16 clash against Cameroon yesterday in Alexandria, Egypt.

At the 2004 AFCON in Tunisia, Okocha denied Cameroon the chance to win a third straight title with a well taken free kick from outside the box after John Utaka had drawn level. Perhaps history repeated itself as Iwobi latched on to an Odion Ighalo pass to kill off the Indomitable Lions’ quest to win a back-to-back title.

“I scored the winning goal against Cameroon in 2004. And yesterday, Iwobi got the winning goal. We have something against Cameroon in the family,” said Okocha jokingly.

“Iwobi’s goal was the moment I enjoyed most. The Eagles needed the winning the goal and they went out for it… kudos to the team.

“ The key was staying focused and knowing that they have to get back to the game.

“There is more improvement in the team are getting better with every game. I’m delighted with the outcome and this is a sign of better things to come.”

Cc: lalasticlala

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/07/my-family-have-something-against.html?m=1

Re: "My Family Have Something Against Cameroon" — Jay Jay Okocha by Kingpee2(m): 7:27am On Jul 07, 2019
Let’s see how it ends .
Re: "My Family Have Something Against Cameroon" — Jay Jay Okocha by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2019
Okocha you be my sport hero. Anytime. Any day

2 Likes

Re: "My Family Have Something Against Cameroon" — Jay Jay Okocha by dmltoyin(m): 7:40am On Jul 07, 2019
I just love Iwobi

2 Likes

Re: "My Family Have Something Against Cameroon" — Jay Jay Okocha by kleverley(m): 7:41am On Jul 07, 2019
we're happy for the boys

1 Like

Re: "My Family Have Something Against Cameroon" — Jay Jay Okocha by Tolexander: 8:01am On Jul 07, 2019
More like his family loathes Eto’o and Isa Hayatou
Re: "My Family Have Something Against Cameroon" — Jay Jay Okocha by BluntBoy(m): 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
Okocha did not score the winning goal against Cameroon in 2004. It was Utaka who did. Kanu made the assist.

(1) (Reply)

Sell Ozil And Get Ziyech / Deal Agreed: Key Manchester United Target To Sign Five-year Deal Worth £95,000-a / Bet9ja 49ja Trick (colour Colour)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.