Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital (3545 Views)

As Anambra Clocks 28 Years Today, See Aerial View Of State Capital, Awka (Photo) / Atiku, Saraki, Secondus Lands Kaduna State Capital / Governor Umar Ganduje Approves N1.036BN For Repairs OF 31 Roads In State Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by luckysmills: 9:26am On Jul 07, 2019
A Facebook user today, called out the Abia State government for abandoning their roads and allowing road users to suffer. He wrote,

If the level of Maladministration experienced in Abia represents what governance is all about, why then do we need government? Hobbe's brutish primitive society is worse compared to what Abians experience.

Take a cursory look at what roads look like in Abia. Abians leave home everyday after they must have prepared their massage/first aid boxes. This is because, they don't drive on roads, they jerk on traps and bristles. You know how that can affect your waist? Physiotherapists will understand.

Every mechanic personnel in Abia must be making it big. Do you want to know why? This is because, no car can survive a week without visiting a mechanic due to the terrible condition of roads in this part if the world. Drivers can relate better.

The pictures below are just a few of the millions of death traps in Umuahia the capital city of Abia. You see the pit in one of those pictures, that's at the center of a main busy road (Owerri road). What happens when a visitor speeds along that path? You see why living inside Abia should be included in 1000 ways to die young?

I hope you will not be surprised to know that these other images are pictures of the most publicised Almighty Aba road believed to have been constructed. Anyway, in this part of the world, we build bridges and undertake giant projects on TV, radio, newspapers, and social media platforms through the help of E-warriors. The funniest part of this whole joke is that the same government claiming that they are done constructing these roads don't ply them, they go through another route known as Afara.

I can't help but wish that you understand what people go through in Abia, but that cannot be achieved without you practically experiencing this. One certainty is that no one will want their enemies to go through what is attainable in Abia.

Abia is in dare need of resuscitation, Abia needs help.

Stay with me as I will be taking you through the roads and routes that constitute this God's own State.

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by oluwadabira111(m): 9:30am On Jul 07, 2019
That thing still dey surprise me,how did the abian people voted the same man who virtually did noting in his first term, our igbo brother need to wake up from their deep slumber.
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Jayslicky: 9:33am On Jul 07, 2019
This is not new In a country like Nigeria even in Abuja, lagos and Port -harcourt such kind of roads can be found. I thought I would see something out of the ordinary, except you come from United States of America, that is when you will be surprised seeing this kind of road.

16 Likes

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by helinues: 9:34am On Jul 07, 2019
More kerosene to Abians stoves

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by eyeview: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2019
If nairaland is a court and you present this as your evidence, it will be struck out for lack of evidence. Is this the best you can present to prove the man's incompetence.
Next!

2 Likes

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by meeky007(m): 9:58am On Jul 07, 2019
helinues:
More kerosene to Abians stoves
stop shouting kerosene as if u cant afford a litre.
we still have roads worst dan dis in lagos Abuja nd other parts of d country

8 Likes

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by luckysmills: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2019
More

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 07, 2019
What's this? You have not snaped any road in Abia naaa,what you snaped is first class road, pls go to Aba and see things bro
You will certainly weep for the citizens of that state
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by meeky007(m): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2019
luckysmills:
More
Na so nonsense pics full for ur phone keep disgracing urself fool

2 Likes

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:18am On Jul 07, 2019
Igbo Republic.
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:20am On Jul 07, 2019
princekalani:
What's this? You have not snaped any road in Abia naaa,what you snaped is first class road, pls go to Aba and see things bro
You will certainly weep for the citizens of that state

Hen hen, I been think say Igbo leaders love them people
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Enugupikin: 10:46am On Jul 07, 2019
Abia is cursed..Abia isn't an igbo state bc they're cursed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 07, 2019
oluwadabira111:
That thing still dey surprise me,how did the abian people voted the same man who virtually did noting in his first term, our igbo brother need to wake up from their deep slumber.
So long he is not Okorocha and as long as he is PDP they will vote him.
The SS and SE need to start voting people instead of parties.

The region is been destroyed because people prefer parties over qualified and competent candidates.

2 Likes

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by forghon: 11:43am On Jul 07, 2019
Who is Abia governor
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by IGBOSON1: 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2019
kingkakaone:

So long he is not Okorocha and as long as he is PDP they will vote him.
The SS and SE need to start voting people instead of parties.

The region is been destroyed because people prefer parties over qualified and competent candidates.

Contrary to what you say, it's more of the capacity of the individual to deliver that largely determines who emerges as candidate and goes on to win elections in the south-east. If as you say, it's all about parties and not individuals then how come APGA has taken over from PDP in Anambra....and how come Rochas beat Ohakim of the PDP in 2011?

Abias' case is more of the docile nature of the electorate and their unwillingness and lack of determination to get rid of the visionless and underperforming governors they've been saddled with since 1999! The politicians in the state have realised the docile and sheepish nature of the people they govern who don't seem to be interested in holding them to account, and this makes said politicians confident they can relax safe in the knowledge they can rig themselves in come the next election! Had Ebonyi been Abia state, i can assure you Elechis' choice would have 'won' the primaries in 2015 and later gone on to 'win' the main election!

What you see happening in Abia is unique to Abia political party members and the wider electorate and i'm flummoxed as to why this is the case!

2 Likes

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by TANID(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
eyeview:
If nairaland is a court and you present this as your evidence, it will be struck out for lack of evidence. Is this the best you can present to prove the man's incompetence.
Next!
I wonder o!

You Just Come Here To Show Us Just One Pic.

1 Like

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by CrimeKsmart: 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2019
They will never condemn their governors but rather they will be comparing the state and other states with similar issues. At the end, they hold federal govt responsible for their predicament.

Stupid people everywhere.
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by General0847: 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
Jayslicky:
This is not new In a country like Nigeria even in Abuja, lagos and Port -harcourt such kind of roads can be found. I thought I would see something out of the ordinary, except you come from United States of America, that is when you will be surprised seeing this kind of road.

Keep living in denial. You want to compare this ghetto with abuja smh

3 Likes

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 3:25pm On Jul 07, 2019
Enugupikin:
Abia is cursed..Abia isn't an igbo state bc they're cursed

Same way Anambra isn't an Igbo state because hausa's bought land in Nnewi and "married into" the state abi?

Its your reasoning that is cursed
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by ruggedtimi(m): 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
This should be some of the best roads in aba..that town aba is dilapidated.
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by jaszplus12(m): 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2019
oluwadabira111:
They're not asleep... they're very busy nosing into another state's own issues. Some are online looking to insult others!!
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Ttipsy(f): 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2019
normal thing. r u new there??
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by helinues: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2019
meeky007:

stop shouting kerosene as if u cant afford a litre.
we still have roads worst dan dis in lagos Abuja nd other parts of d country

The thread is not about Lagos or Abuja but strictly Abia.. When is the next sharing of kerosene? I cant afford one oo
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Blackfire(m): 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
Haters just say you need kerosene.... In your Eldorado state we. Still find same or worse .....

Afonja hypocrites
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by mrvitalis(m): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
Seriously we igbos hype how bad aba is too much , i have seen places worse than aba ( ibadan , oshogbo )

From this pictures here i dont see anything worth shouting about

Umuahia has okay roads by nigerian standard

Apart from araira area which most people think is aba , aba is not that bad when u enter inside

1 Like

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Ttipsy(f): 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2019
mrvitalis:
Seriously we igbos hype how bad aba is too much , i have seen places worse than aba ( ibadan , oshogbo )

From this pictures here i dont see anything worth shouting about

Umuahia has okay roads by nigerian standard

Apart from araira area which most people think is aba , aba is not that bad when u enter inside
Aba is not that bad wen u enter inside bla bla bla... is osisioma, Uratta, PH roads, etc not part of Aba.. Aba as it stands now has d worst road. Oga linus

1 Like

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
The Facebook user is you.
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by mrvitalis(m): 8:03pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ttipsy:
Aba is not that bad wen u enter inside bla bla bla... is osisioma, Uratta, PH roads, etc not part of Aba.. Aba as it stands now has d worst road. Oga linus
Osisioma is not aba, port harcourt road is not aba ...u see what im saying its like judging lagos with otta
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
luckysmills:
A Facebook user today, called out the Abia State government for abandoning their roads and allowing road users to suffer. He wrote,

If the level of Maladministration experienced in Abia represents what governance is all about, why then do we need government? Hobbe's brutish primitive society is worse compared to what Abians experience.

Take a cursory look at what roads look like in Abia. Abians leave home everyday after they must have prepared their massage/first aid boxes. This is because, they don't drive on roads, they jerk on traps and bristles. You know how that can affect your waist? Physiotherapists will understand.

Every mechanic personnel in Abia must be making it big. Do you want to know why? This is because, no car can survive a week without visiting a mechanic due to the terrible condition of roads in this part if the world. Drivers can relate better.

The pictures below are just a few of the millions of death traps in Umuahia the capital city of Abia. You see the pit in one of those pictures, that's at the center of a main busy road (Owerri road). What happens when a visitor speeds along that path? You see why living inside Abia should be included in 1000 ways to die young?

I hope you will not be surprised to know that these other images are pictures of the most publicised Almighty Aba road believed to have been constructed. Anyway, in this part of the world, we build bridges and undertake giant projects on TV, radio, newspapers, and social media platforms through the help of E-warriors. The funniest part of this whole joke is that the same government claiming that they are done constructing these roads don't ply them, they go through another route known as Afara.

I can't help but wish that you understand what people go through in Abia, but that cannot be achieved without you practically experiencing this. One certainty is that no one will want their enemies to go through what is attainable in Abia.

Abia is in dare need of resuscitation, Abia needs help.

Stay with me as I will be taking you through the roads and routes that constitute this God's own State.

Op Facebook user let me be fair here

What you snapped is even a small issue. Can't your community do that??

What I see doesn't need government attention, so you guys can fix this.

That's why we have community development union and the rest.

I was even expecting medium or atleast wide scenario.

If this is what u complain, then your community is very lazy.
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
helinues:

The thread is not about Lagos or Abuja but strictly Abia.. When is the next sharing of kerosene? I cant afford one oo

In as much I agree with but don't forget when they shared garri, groundnut and even two cups of rice in ekiti state.

Secondly lagos have bad roads is not exclusive while is not lost on me that all yorubas came from lagos.

Mr op as for that road your community can fix that unless u guys are lazy.

1 Like

Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by Ttipsy(f): 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2019
mrvitalis:

Osisioma is not aba, port harcourt road is not aba ...u see what im saying its like judging lagos with otta
....and Uratta is where
Re: See What Roads Look Like In Abia State Capital by mrvitalis(m): 8:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ttipsy:
....and Uratta is where
Ask someone to show u aba enough of this

(1) (2) (Reply)

Statisense: Each State Productivity Based On FAAC : IGR Ratio Of Revenue / Emoney Receives Another Gubernatorial Candidate In His Anambra Mansion- PICTURES / Inflation Hindering Justice Administration, Says NJC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.