Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,357 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned (1128 Views)

When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? / Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? / WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2019
It is an indisputable fact that Qur’an came after the Bible. Therefore, if the Christians sincerely and truthfully believe in Qur’an as the last and final word of God sent to the generality of human being, then they must have no option other than to accept Islam and become Muslims. But if the Christians insist that the original author of Qur’an is not God, then they must compulsorily believe its author to be a great IMPERSONATOR of God. This is because Qur’an contains many verses which appear to be COMING DIRECTLY FROM GOD’S MOUTH. Examples of such verses are as follows;

# “O children of Israel! Remember My special favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone (Qur’an 2:40-41)”.

# And that was Our proof which We gave to Abraham against his people. We raise whom We will in degrees. Certainly your Lord is All-Wise, All-Knowing. And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob, each of them We guided. And before him We guided Noah, and among his progeny David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good doers. And Zachariah, and John and Jesus and Elias, all in the ranks of the righteous. And Ishmael and Elisha, and Jonah and Lot; each one of them We preferred above the nations. And also some of their fathers, and their progeny and their brethren, We chose them, and We guided them to a straight path. This is the guidance of God with which He guides whomsoever He wills of His servants. But if they had joined in worship others with God, all their deeds would have been of no benefit to them. They are whom We gave the book, and authority and prophet hood…They are those whom God had guided. So follow their guidance (Qur’an 6:84-90).

# O My servants who believe! Certainly, My earth is spacious. Therefore worship Me and Me alone. Every soul shall have a taste of death. Then to Us you shall be brought back (Qur’an 29:56-57).

# When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close to them. I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he called on Me. Therefore, let them also obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be walked in the right way (Qur’an 2:186).

# We did not send before you (O Muhammad-pbuh) any messenger but We inspired him that there is no God beside Me; therefore worship Me (Qur’an 21:25)

# And We have enjoined on man goodness to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years. Give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination. But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of those who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do (Qur'an 31:14-15).

These are just few verses selected randomly from the pages of the Holy Qur’an. You can see that almost all of the first person pronouns like “I”, “My”, “Me”, “Our”, “Us” and “We” in all the verses of Qur’an quoted above can never be referred CONTEXTUALLY to any other person except God. That is to say, without any form of prejudice, you will think that God was speaking to us in those verses of Qur'an. Hence, anybody who denies the Qur’an as the word of God must compulsorily believe its author to be a great IMPERSONATOR of God. In other words, if you reject Qur'an as word of God, then you have to assume that the person speaking to us was a great DECEIVER who pretended to be God. This is the first point that I want all reasonable Christians to admit. It is either you believe in Qur’an as the word of God or you believe in it as the word of a great deciever that IMPERSONATED God. There is no third alternative.

But do you think the God of TRUTH and WISDOM would allow any deliberate liar to impersonate Him in such a reasonable and perfect manner and then also allow such impersonator to praise all the Biblical prophets in the way the author of Qur’an has done? Is it possible for an impersonator and deliberate liar against God to be the author of those noble verses of Qur’an cited above especially when we call to mind that the first set of people the Qur’an was admonishing were idol worshippers living in ancient Mecca? Has God ever sent a deliberate liar to guide the people who were in error to the right path ?

God may allow anybody to write or speak about Him as you may also allow your friend to write or speak about you. But if you as a TRUTHFUL PERSON would never allow your friend- talk less of your enemy- to impersonate you reasonably and perfectly in order to deceive some innocent people, then why do you think the God Almighty, who is MORE TRUTHFUL THAN YOU would allow such a thing to happen to Him especially when God declare as follows; how can I let myself to be defamed? I will not give My glory to another (Isaiah 48:11). Please read those verses of Qur'an cited at the beginning again and again. Has God not let Himself to be defamed if He allowed a deliberate liar to impersonate Him in such a REASONABLE and PERFECT manner? Has God not given His glory to another if He allowed a deliberate liar to impersonate Him and also allow such impersonator to PRAISE ALL THE BIBLICAL PROPHETS in the way the author of Qur'an has done and then still allow the word of such impersonator to be protected from destruction since 1,440 years ago till today as exactly prophesied ;
We have, without doubt, sent down the Message( i:e the Qur'an); and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption) (Qur'an 15:9).

Even if we go extra miles to ASSUME that God Almighty, in His infinite wisdom, deliberately allowed a liar to impersonate Him reasonably and perfectly and also deliberately allowed the word of so-called impersonator to be protected from destruction in order to serve as a TEST for the true believers in the Bible as word of God, then God should have clearly informed us in the Bible again and again that one great liar is going to impersonate Him; just like Jesus informed us about his own impersonation. Jesus declared as follows;
“Take heed that no one deceives you. For MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME, saying ‘I am the Christ’, and will deceive many (Matthew 24:4-5)”.

See how Jesus declared in an unambiguous terms that many liars would impersonate him.
However, you can never find a single biblical verse where God categorically foretell that a great liar is going to impersonate Him. If God of truth and wisdom would also allow a liar to impersonate Him, He should also have informed us in a VERY PRECISE TERMS in the Bible just like Jesus did.

But instead of foretelling about His own impersonation by a great liar, God only informed us about “a prophet like Moses” which God would put His words in his mouth;
"I will raise up for them a prophet like you (i:e like Moses) from among their brethren. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not listen to my words that he shall speak in My name, I MYSELF WILL CALL HIM INTO ACCOUNT. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, THAT SAME PROPHET SHALL DIE. And if you say in your heart; how may we know the word the Lord has not spoken ? When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, IF THE WORD DOES NOT COME TO PASS OR COME TRUE that is the word the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him (Deuteronomy 18:18-22)".
Base on these very verses, what then can we say about the Qur’an whose author spoke in the name of the Lord of Israel as shown in the verses of Qur'an quoted above? Are we going to accept it as the word of the Lord of Israel or reject it as the word of a great impersonator?
In the verses of the Deuteronomy quoted just above, the ONLY ACID TEST put forward by God to distinguish His actual word from the word of a liar that impersonates Him is that THE WORD OF SUCH AN IMPERSONATOR WOULD NOT COME TO PASS OR COME TRUE. But Qur’an contains many words of prophecy which have come to pass and come true. For example, one of the great prophecies is that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) will be victorious over his enemies (see Qur’an 58:20-21). Another prophecy is that Islam will be established and continue to spread, and the number of Muslims will continue to grow (see Qur’an 24:55, 110:1-2, 48:28). Another prophecy is that Qur’an will be protected from destruction and corruption (see Qur’an 15:9). Another prophecy is that Qur’an will be made easy for memorization (see Qur’an 54:17, 22, 40). Another prophecy is that people will continue to pay visitation to the house of God in Mecca (see Qur’an 22:26-28, 2:125). All these prophecies are generally known to be true.
Again, instead of fortelling about the so-called liar that is going to impersonate Him in the nearest future, God only demonstrated to us, through His dealing with Hananiah (the false prophet who spoke in the name of God in the Bible), that He would NEVER allow a liar to impersonate Him reasonably and perfectly for a long time. Read the short passage below;
Then the prophet Jeremiah said to Hananiah the prophet, ‘Listen, Hananiah! The Lord has not sent you, yet you have persuaded this nation to trust in lies. Therefore this is what the Lord says: I am about to remove you from the face of the earth. This very year you are going to die, because you have preached rebellion against the Lord. In the seventh month of THAT SAME YEAR, Hananiah the prophet DIED (Jeremiah 28:15-17).
You will notice that what happened to Hananiah (i:e UNTIMELY DEATH) is exactly what God has already foretold about “a false prophet who speaks in the name of God” as written in the book of Deuteronomy ;
But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, THAT SAME PROPHET SHALL DIE (Deuteronomy 18:20)".
Therefore, if God did not even allow Hananiah to live for just a year in FULFILMENT OF HIS WORD in the verse just quoted above, then how could He have allowed the supposed author of Qur’an to impersonate Him reasonably and perfectly for good 23 years?
But if the Christians still refuse to accept the Qur'an and continue to reject it as the word of God, then they MUST subscribe to the following assumptions ;

1. God ALLOWED Himself to be impersonated reasonably and perfectly by a great liar despite the fact that He said ; " I will not give my GLORY to another (Isaiah 42:8, 48:11)".
2. God also ALLOWED this very impersonator to praise all the biblical prophets (including Jesus Christ) in the most befitting manner
3. God also ALLOWED this reasonable and perfect impersonation to take place for good 23 years ; yet God did not even allow Hananiah( who spoke falsely in the name of God) to live for just one year (Jeremiah 28:15-17).
4. God also ALLOWED the book of this great impersonator to be protected from destruction since 1440 years ago till today just exactly as the book has prophesied.
5. God also ALLOWED all the prophecies mentioned in the book of this impersonator to be fulfilled.

Yet despite all these , God did NOT foretell in the Bible again and again that one great liar is going to impersonate Him.

Do you think ALL THESE ASSUMPTIONS are logical enough for you to reject Qur'an as the word of God ?
Remember that great warning;
"And whoever will not listen to my words that the prophet shall speak in My name, I MYSELF WILL CALL HIM INTO ACCOUNT. (Deuteronomy 18:19) .
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by GMbuharii: 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2019
God is not the author of confusion,thank you.
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by psucc(m): 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
Op I hope you are not confused or something.

What we are after is our salvation in His appearing and all this comparisons are does not hold water
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Dafemich(m): 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2019
Yes, the Lord Jesus declared that impersonators will come after him, and one of those impersonator is your so call Mohammed.

1 Like

Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by oyatz(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2019
Okay, good.

What's now the way forward.
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
@GMbuharii

Yes God is not the author of confusion. This is exactly the reason why you must think deeply concerning your rejection of Qur'an as word of God. Of course, if God is not the author of confusion, then He will NEVER allow a liar to impersonate Him reasonably and perfectly for good 23 years.
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
@Oyatz

The way forward is for you to accept Qur'an as word of God
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2019
@Dafemich

Jesus said many will come in MY NAME saying I am the Christ. Not in the name of God .
Again, Muhammad did not ever claim to be Christ.
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by sulasa07(m): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
Dafemich:
Yes, the Lord Jesus declared that impersonators will come after him, and one of those impersonator is your so call Mohammed.
If He had being an Israelite,I'm sure you wouldn't still believe him.
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
@Psucc

If you are really after your salvation, then ponder seriously over the write up so that the consequence of the verse Deuteronomy 18:19 quoted above will not be fulfilled in you.
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
Well, Hello Mr Abdulgaffar!
Am i also invited? smiley
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Righteousness89(m): 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:
It is an indisputable fact that Qur’an came after the Bible. Therefore, if the Christians sincerely and truthfully believe in Qur’an as the last and final word of God sent to the generality of human being, then they must have no option other than to accept Islam and become Muslims. But if the Christians insist that the original author of Qur’an is not God, then they must compulsorily believe its author to be a great IMPERSONATOR of God. This is because Qur’an contains many verses which appear to be COMING DIRECTLY FROM GOD’S MOUTH. Examples of such verses are as follows;

# “O children of Israel! Remember My special favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone (Qur’an 2:40-41)”.

# And that was Our proof which We gave to Abraham against his people. We raise whom We will in degrees. Certainly your Lord is All-Wise, All-Knowing. And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob, each of them We guided. And before him We guided Noah, and among his progeny David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good doers. And Zachariah, and John and Jesus and Elias, all in the ranks of the righteous. And Ishmael and Elisha, and Jonah and Lot; each one of them We preferred above the nations. And also some of their fathers, and their progeny and their brethren, We chose them, and We guided them to a straight path. This is the guidance of God with which He guides whomsoever He wills of His servants. But if they had joined in worship others with God, all their deeds would have been of no benefit to them. They are whom We gave the book, and authority and prophet hood…They are those whom God had guided. So follow their guidance (Qur’an 6:84-90).

# O My servants who believe! Certainly, My earth is spacious. Therefore worship Me and Me alone. Every soul shall have a taste of death. Then to Us you shall be brought back (Qur’an 29:56-57).

# When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close to them. I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he called on Me. Therefore, let them also obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be walked in the right way (Qur’an 2:186).

# We did not send before you (O Muhammad-pbuh) any messenger but We inspired him that there is no God beside Me; therefore worship Me (Qur’an 21:25)

# And We have enjoined on man goodness to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years. Give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination. But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of those who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do (Qur'an 31:14-15).

These are just few verses selected randomly from the pages of the Holy Qur’an. You can see that almost all of the first person pronouns like “I”, “My”, “Me”, “Our”, “Us” and “We” in all the verses of Qur’an quoted above can never be referred CONTEXTUALLY to any other person except God. That is to say, without any form of prejudice, you will think that God was speaking to us in those verses of Qur'an. Hence, anybody who denies the Qur’an as the word of God must compulsorily believe its author to be a great IMPERSONATOR of God. In other words, if you reject Qur'an as word of God, then you have to assume that the person speaking to us was a great DECEIVER who pretended to be God. This is the first point that I want all reasonable Christians to admit. It is either you believe in Qur’an as the word of God or you believe in it as the word of a great deciever that IMPERSONATED God. There is no third alternative.

But do you think the God of TRUTH and WISDOM would allow any deliberate liar to impersonate Him in such a reasonable and perfect manner and then also allow such impersonator to praise all the Biblical prophets in the way the author of Qur’an has done? Is it possible for an impersonator and deliberate liar against God to be the author of those noble verses of Qur’an cited above especially when we call to mind that the first set of people the Qur’an was admonishing were idol worshippers living in ancient Mecca? Has God ever sent a deliberate liar to guide the people who were in error to the right path ?

God may allow anybody to write or speak about Him as you may also allow your friend to write or speak about you. But if you as a TRUTHFUL PERSON would never allow your friend- talk less of your enemy- to impersonate you reasonably and perfectly in order to deceive some innocent people, then why do you think the God Almighty, who is MORE TRUTHFUL THAN YOU would allow such a thing to happen to Him especially when God declare as follows; how can I let myself to be defamed? I will not give My glory to another (Isaiah 48:11). Please read those verses of Qur'an cited at the beginning again and again. Has God not let Himself to be defamed if He allowed a deliberate liar to impersonate Him in such a REASONABLE and PERFECT manner? Has God not given His glory to another if He allowed a deliberate liar to impersonate Him and also allow such impersonator to PRAISE ALL THE BIBLICAL PROPHETS in the way the author of Qur'an has done and then still allow the word of such impersonator to be protected from destruction since 1,440 years ago till today as exactly prophesied ;
We have, without doubt, sent down the Message( i:e the Qur'an); and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption) (Qur'an 15:9).

Even if we go extra miles to ASSUME that God Almighty, in His infinite wisdom, deliberately allowed a liar to impersonate Him reasonably and perfectly and also deliberately allowed the word of so-called impersonator to be protected from destruction in order to serve as a TEST for the true believers in the Bible as word of God, then God should have clearly informed us in the Bible again and again that one great liar is going to impersonate Him; just like Jesus informed us about his own impersonation. Jesus declared as follows;
“Take heed that no one deceives you. For MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME, saying ‘I am the Christ’, and will deceive many (Matthew 24:4-5)”.

See how Jesus declared in an unambiguous terms that many liars would impersonate him.
However, you can never find a single biblical verse where God categorically foretell that a great liar is going to impersonate Him. If God of truth and wisdom would also allow a liar to impersonate Him, He should also have informed us in a VERY PRECISE TERMS in the Bible just like Jesus did.

But instead of foretelling about His own impersonation by a great liar, God only informed us about “a prophet like Moses” which God would put His words in his mouth;
"I will raise up for them a prophet like you (i:e like Moses) from among their brethren. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not listen to my words that he shall speak in My name, I MYSELF WILL CALL HIM INTO ACCOUNT. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, THAT SAME PROPHET SHALL DIE. And if you say in your heart; how may we know the word the Lord has not spoken ? When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, IF THE WORD DOES NOT COME TO PASS OR COME TRUE that is the word the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him (Deuteronomy 18:18-22)".
Base on these very verses, what then can we say about the Qur’an whose author spoke in the name of the Lord of Israel as shown in the verses of Qur'an quoted above? Are we going to accept it as the word of the Lord of Israel or reject it as the word of a great impersonator?
In the verses of the Deuteronomy quoted just above, the ONLY ACID TEST put forward by God to distinguish His actual word from the word of a liar that impersonates Him is that THE WORD OF SUCH AN IMPERSONATOR WOULD NOT COME TO PASS OR COME TRUE. But Qur’an contains many words of prophecy which have come to pass and come true. For example, one of the great prophecies is that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) will be victorious over his enemies (see Qur’an 58:20-21). Another prophecy is that Islam will be established and continue to spread, and the number of Muslims will continue to grow (see Qur’an 24:55, 110:1-2, 48:28). Another prophecy is that Qur’an will be protected from destruction and corruption (see Qur’an 15:9). Another prophecy is that Qur’an will be made easy for memorization (see Qur’an 54:17, 22, 40). Another prophecy is that people will continue to pay visitation to the house of God in Mecca (see Qur’an 22:26-28, 2:125). All these prophecies are generally known to be true.
Again, instead of fortelling about the so-called liar that is going to impersonate Him in the nearest future, God only demonstrated to us, through His dealing with Hananiah (the false prophet who spoke in the name of God in the Bible), that He would NEVER allow a liar to impersonate Him reasonably and perfectly for a long time. Read the short passage below;
Then the prophet Jeremiah said to Hananiah the prophet, ‘Listen, Hananiah! The Lord has not sent you, yet you have persuaded this nation to trust in lies. Therefore this is what the Lord says: I am about to remove you from the face of the earth. This very year you are going to die, because you have preached rebellion against the Lord. In the seventh month of THAT SAME YEAR, Hananiah the prophet DIED (Jeremiah 28:15-17).
You will notice that what happened to Hananiah (i:e UNTIMELY DEATH) is exactly what God has already foretold about “a false prophet who speaks in the name of God” as written in the book of Deuteronomy ;
But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, THAT SAME PROPHET SHALL DIE (Deuteronomy 18:20)".
Therefore, if God did not even allow Hananiah to live for just a year in FULFILMENT OF HIS WORD in the verse just quoted above, then how could He have allowed the supposed author of Qur’an to impersonate Him reasonably and perfectly for good 23 years?
But if the Christians still refuse to accept the Qur'an and continue to reject it as the word of God, then they MUST subscribe to the following assumptions ;

1. God ALLOWED Himself to be impersonated reasonably and perfectly by a great liar despite the fact that He said ; " I will not give my GLORY to another (Isaiah 42:8, 48:11)".
2. God also ALLOWED this very impersonator to praise all the biblical prophets (including Jesus Christ) in the most befitting manner
3. God also ALLOWED this reasonable and perfect impersonation to take place for good 23 years ; yet God did not even allow Hananiah( who spoke falsely in the name of God) to live for just one year (Jeremiah 28:15-17).
4. God also ALLOWED the book of this great impersonator to be protected from destruction since 1440 years ago till today just exactly as the book has prophesied.
5. God also ALLOWED all the prophecies mentioned in the book of this impersonator to be fulfilled.

Yet despite all these , God did NOT foretell in the Bible again and again that one great liar is going to impersonate Him.

Do you think ALL THESE ASSUMPTIONS are logical enough for you to reject Qur'an as the word of God ?
Remember that great warning;
"And whoever will not listen to my words that the prophet shall speak in My name, I MYSELF WILL CALL HIM INTO ACCOUNT. (Deuteronomy 18:19) .

GOD ALMIGHTY is a Spirit and those that Worship, Serve and follow HIM do it in spirit..

There is No logical Reasoning to understand who GOD is or HIS ways...

You JUST Have to Believe HIS words..

Everyone of us whether Christian, Muslim? Pagan, etc will still Report to the Same GOD..

There is no GOD for Christian and another GJD for Muslim...

HE said to us all HIS Creatures that the Only way to Salvation is Through JESUS CHRIST.,

You Just Have to Believe and do it to Be Saved..

1 Like

Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
Maximus69

You are invited as long as you will not deviate from the topic of discussion.
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:
Maximus69

You are invited as long as you will not deviate from the topic of discussion.
OK i just want to say @ Deuteronomy 18:15-18
The prophesy was about Jesus of Nazareth!
Because the emphasis is on 'their brothers' and Israelites don't take anyone as their brother if not an Israelite.
Moreover the prophesy also said the prophet will 'speak in the name of Jehovah {the God of Israel}'
Jesus was an Israelite and he spoke in the name of that same God! Deuteronomy 6:4 compared to Mark 12:29

There's NO way Muhammad all the way from Saudi Arabia could have been a brother to the Israelites and he's from a pagan nation! So it's complicating thinking God's people will now accept someone from another race to replace the prophet Moses specifically said will be FROM AMONGST THEIR BROTHERS! Deuteronomy 18:15 & 18
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by psucc(m): 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:
@Psucc

If you are really after your salvation, then ponder seriously over the write up so that the consequence of the verse Deuteronomy 18:19 quoted above will not be fulfilled in you.
Sorry to disappoint you.I have no relationship with what you post there.
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
@ Maximus 69

Remember that God said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18:18 that he is going to raise a prophet LIKE MOSES. This very prophet, which would be given a ceremonial law (i:e SHARIA LAW) like that of Mosaic law and which would also wage war against the idol worshippers like Moses (see Deuteronomy 20:10-18) is nobody other than Prophet Muhammad. It was NEVER Jesus who did not fight any physical battle nor given any ceremonial law like that of Moses.

The Jews were still expecting this very prophet during the time of John the Baptist. This is the reason why they interrogated John the Baptist as the following verses indicate;

"Now this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?” He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, “I am not the Christ.” And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you that Prophet?” And he answered, “No.” Then they said to him, “Who are you, that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What do you say about yourself?” He said: “I am ‘The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Make straight the way of the Lord,”’ as the prophet Isaiah said.” Now those who were sent were from the Pharisees. And they asked him, saying, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor that Prophet?”(John 1: 19-25 KJV).

You will notice from these verses that Jews were expecting THREE different personalities; the Christ, Elijah and that prophet.

Christ has come in the person of Jesus . Similarly, Elijah has come in the spirit and power of John the Baptist (Luke 1:17). SO WHO IS THAT VERY PROPHET (LIKE MOSES) THAT WAS YET TO COME?
Deuteronomy 18:18 KJV make it clear that this prophet would be from the BRETHREN of Israelites. And the brethren of Israelites are none but Arabs. See the verse below;
"For this Hagar is Mount Sinai in ARABIA and corresponds to JERUSALEM which now is (Galatians 4:25).
You can see that the only city that CORRESPOND to Jerusalem, the home town of Israelites, is the city of Arabia. This simply shows that Israelites and the Arabs are BRETHREN/BROTHERS to each other.
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 10:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
@ Maximus69

Pls respond to what is written below;

If the Christians still refuse to accept the Qur'an and continue to reject it as the word of God, then they MUST subscribe to the following assumptions ;

Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 6:51am On Jul 08, 2019
@Psucc

If you have no relationship with what I post up there, then why did you come in at first instance?
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 08, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:
@ Maximus69

Pls respond to what is written below;

If the Christians still refuse to accept the Qur'an and continue to reject it as the word of God, then they MUST subscribe to the following assumptions ;

Moses wasn't fighting wars with Idol worshipers for not worshipping God! It was to claim the land God swore to give their great-grandfather Abraham. When they were living Egypt they were to go PEACEFULLY back to their homeland but all those nations have heard how God dealt with Pharaoh and that the Israelites are come back to reclaim Canaan! So if anybody teach you that it was about religion, my friend that's the greatest deceit of the century!
Even God STRICTLY warned Moses and all Israelites NOT to challenge the PAGAN children of Esau because he{God} has given Esau a place to dwell and so the Israelites must PAY for whatever they collect from the descendants of Esau! Deuteronomy 2:4-7

Please my friend, don't let us go back to LOGICAL reasoning again because the other time i tried to reason with you on logic you abandoned your own thread only to come up with this one again!

For your information, God has foretold that Ishmael's descendants will become terrorists! Genesis 16:11-12

Though God never told us what will lead to that but it's evident now that Ishmael's descendants came up to claim what God had said 'this belongs to Isaac and his descendants ALONE' which is the covenant of salvation to save the world! Genesis 17:18-21

Jesus actually waged a spiritual warfare against his own people Jews who have overstepped God's righteousness to establish their own! Matthew 10:34-36 compared 15:1-11

Even our Islamic clerics and scholars strongly believe that the real jihad is spiritual NOT just killing people who knew nothing about what you're imposing on them. But reasoning logically with them to help them change the attitude they formally had towards God's word!
If all these is about waging physical wars destroying people's lives for religion, then there is nothing logical about that because each person will take up weapons to defend his/her own life.
For your information, most so called Islamic nations are now having internal problems due to incessant killings going on amongst them because of Islam, so majority of them are now embracing Christendom. NOT because of their love for the TRUTH but at least to live in PEACE!

Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by paabakp: 8:20am On Jul 08, 2019
Sure 9:29
Fight those who (do) not believe in Allah and not in the Day the Last, and not they make unlawful what Allah has made unlawful and His Messenger, and not they acknowledge (the) religion (of) the truth, from those who were given the Scripture, until they pay the jizyah willingly, while they (are) subdued.

Before you say it does mean what it says clearly, kindly bring your tasfir that agree with your opinion.
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2019
@ maximum 69

When did I say Moses was fighting the Idol worshippers for not worshiping God ? Moses cannot do that because he was never sent to the entire world. I only wrote he wage war with the Idol worshippers.

If real Jihad is only spiritual, then why did God give the following command;
"And whoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel was to be PUT TO DEATH, whether small or great, whether man or woman (2nd Chronicles 15:13)
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 8:33am On Jul 08, 2019
@maximus69
If you read the passage below CAREFULLY, you will understand that it was NOT ONLY through Isaac that God would fulfill His covenant made to Abraham. He also promised to fulfil a covenant through Ishmael;
"Therefore she said to Abraham, “Cast out this bondwoman and her son; for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, namely with Isaac.” And the matter was VERY DISPLEASING in ABRAHAM' SIGHT BECAUSE OF HIS SON. But God said to Abraham, “Do not let it be displeasing in your sight because of the lad or because of your bondwoman. Whatever Sarah has said to you, listen to her voice; for in Isaac your seed shall be called. Yet I will ALSO make a nation of the son of the bondwoman, because HE IS YOUR SEED” (Deuteronomy 21:10-13)".
Please take note of the phrase " Yet I will ALSO" .
The word "also" is normally used to denote "similarity in something" . For example, consider the following sentence;
"The child ALSO drank from the fountain after watching his father do the same.”
In the same manner, God' statement to Abraham: Yet I will ALSO make a nation of the son of the bondwoman, BECAUSE HE IS YOUR SEED” (Genesis 21:13), implies that what God will do through Isaac will also be done through Ishmael even if that of Isaac will be much more greater than that of Ishmael (i:e almost all of the prophets of God were from the lineage of Isaac; it is only the last prophet that was raised from the lineage of Ishmael).
God'statement to Abraham; " Yet I will ALSO make a nation of the son of the bondwoman,BECAUSE HE IS YOUR SEED” will no longer make any sense if God promised the lineage of Isaac a SPIRITUAL NATION and promised the lineage of Ishmael a WORDLY NATION as the Jews and the Christians want us to believe. In other words, if God's promise to Abraham through Abraham' seed (Ishmael) is going to be a worldly nation (rather than spiritual nation) and the SEEDS OF THE PAGANS can also possess a greater and stronger worldly nation (See Deuteronomy 7:1) then what would now be the significance of this very divine promise ?
God has already fulfilled the promise of Abraham through the lineage of Isaac and God has FINISHED with this fulfilment. This is the reason why Jesus made it known to the Israelites that kingdom of God will be taken away from them and it will be given to another NATION;
Jesus did not say "nations". He said " a nation"
I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a NATION that will produce the proper fruit.(Matthew 21:43).
This very NATION (not nations) that will later receive the kingdom of God after being taken away from the Israelites is the nation that God promised Abraham through the lineage of Ishmael;
Yet I will ALSO make a NATION ( not nations) of the son of the bondwoman, BECAUSE HE IS YOUR SEED(Genesis 21:13).”
The nation of Saudi Arabia is the living prophecy of this very verse of Genesis. This is the reason why this country receives the largest congregation of human being throughout the world every year.
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 8:37am On Jul 08, 2019
@Paabakp

Fighting the idol worshippers that REFUSE to accept and worship the only true God is not something that started with Islam. This has been the WAY OF GOD from the beginning.
See below the biblical evidence for KILLING those who REFUSED to accept the God of Israel :

"And whoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel was to be PUT TO DEATH, whether small or great, whether man or woman (2nd Chronicles 15:13) ".
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 9:06am On Jul 08, 2019
@ maximus 69

You wrote:Please my friend, don't let us go back to LOGICAL reasoning again because the other time i tried to reason with you on logic you abandoned your own thread only to come up with this one again!

I did not abandon the thread for you. It is for Enilove. I have strongly determined not to stay where ever he is. So therefore kindly respond to that very question. Let me assist you to bring back the question;

I am now having a low battery. As soon as I recharge, I will resume back
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 08, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:
@ maximum 69

When did I say Moses was fighting the Idol worshippers for not worshiping God ? Moses cannot do that because he was never sent to the entire world. I only wrote he wage war with the Idol worshippers.

If real Jihad is only spiritual, then why did God give the following command;
"And whoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel was to be PUT TO DEATH, whether small or great, whether man or woman (2nd Chronicles 15:13)

Haaaaaaa!
No wonder there are terrorists everywhere in the name of Islam! embarassed
Please where you've just quoted is not talking about waging war AGAINST anyone who has no part in the covenant God made with the Israelites! They're to kill any Israelite who kick against God's law and yet wants to remain IN THE MIDST! Numbers 25:6-13
NOT to go on killing people who had nothing to do with that covenant! embarassed

Their warfare is a spiritual one in the sense that they're to exterminate Idol worshipers from the land God had sanctified, NOT to start killing people everywhere they go because such people worship what their ancestors handed over to them!
How will you feel if someone should just walk up to you telling you you must worship somehow that you've never known from birth and if you say no he's ready to kill you? Does that sound logical or reasonable at all? undecided

So God never asked people to kill people for worship Sir! It was ONLY within the confines of Canaan that idolatry is not to be tolerated NOT going to force the same idea on other people! undecided

Please if you're also a terrorist then there is no reason to think of logic's because terrorists only think about what they want to force on others, they're not ready for logical reasoning! undecided
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 9:18am On Jul 08, 2019
Did God mention Israelites in that very verse? The verse says WHOEVER would not seek the Lord God of Israel was to be PUT TO DEATH, whether small or great, whether man or woman (2nd Chronicles 15:13)

You wrote:Please my friend, don't let us go back to LOGICAL reasoning again because the other time i tried to reason with you on logic you abandoned your own thread only to come up with this one again!

I did not abandon the thread for you. It is for Enilove. I have strongly determined not to stay where ever he is. So therefore kindly respond to that very question. Let me assist you to bring back the question;

Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 08, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:
@ maximus 69

I did not abandon the thread for you. It is for Enilove. I have strongly determined not to stay where ever he is. So therefore kindly respond to that very questions. Let me assist you to bring back the question;

God had foretold that liars will come in God's name and start killing people! John 16:2
God also said we shouldn't force anyone, he is coming to do justice! Revelations 22:10-12

So God has FORETOLD enough of what is needed to know that false prophets will be many after the TRUTH has been established! Matthew 24:5

For your information the word CHRIST connotes the redeemer who has come to deliver the whole world from condemnation, so if Muhammad has claimed he is that one, then he has claimed to be the Christ! undecided
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 08, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:
Did God mention Israelites in that very verse? The verse says WHOEVER would not seek the Lord God of Israel was to be PUT TO DEATH, whether small or great, whether man or woman (2nd Chronicles 15:13)

So if it's about the 'God of Israel' then what concerns an Arabian in the case?
Did Muhammad said he has come in the name of the God of Israel? Because according to our clerics back then, it's the God of the earth that sent Muhammad NOT of Israel!
Definitely this has NOTHING to do with the God of Israel! undecided
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by paabakp: 9:28am On Jul 08, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:
@Paabakp

Fighting the idol worshippers that REFUSE to accept and worship the only true God is not something that started with Islam. This has been the WAY OF GOD from the beginning.
See below the biblical evidence for KILLING those who REFUSED to accept the God of Israel :

"And whoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel was to be PUT TO DEATH, whether small or great, whether man or woman (2nd Chronicles 15:13) ".

Fight those who (do) not believe in Allah and not in the Day the Last, and not they make unlawful what Allah has made unlawful and His Messenger, and not they acknowledge (the) religion (of) the truth, from those who were given the Scripture, until they pay the jizyah willingly, while they (are) subdued.

So according to you "people of the book" are "idol worshippers".

Why quote a corrupt man-made book to explain the word of Allah, let the word of Allah speak for itself. I taught Allah's book came to correct the evil man-made corruption in the bible.

Do you agree with the Quran to fight people of the book "until they pay the jizyah, while they are subdued"?
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 08, 2019
@Abdulgaffar

Your brother in faith {Olabowale} have told you what to do, it's either you pick up weapons like other terrorists and start hunting none Muslims or you go on worshipping your God peacefully, expecting all that he promised you in heaven.
But typing words on social media will do no good, because intelligent followers will continue to ask you thought provoking questions that will shake your faith in the Arab religion and if you're not tolerant enough you'll hate everyone!

Your ancestors passed Islam to you as the one and only way to heaven, the same way Buddhists, Hindus, Judaists, Christians and countless others have passed on one religion or the other to their progenies. So don't assume what yours has enough reason to start killing other people whose ancestors passed a different opinion to them. Islam was thought to be for PEACE, though my own grandma insisted she will NEVER agree with Islam because of the way they forced it on people back during the early twentieth century! I thought she just hate the religion with passion due to her polygamist husband but with the facts i've been able to gather from you, now i'm fully convinced that the religion has nothing tangible to offer rather than to inflict terror and excruciating pain on humanity! embarassed

So go on arguing for the Arabian religion, i'm out of here! smiley
Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by oyatz(m): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2019
Is that all?

Abdulgaffar22:
@Oyatz

The way forward is for you to accept Qur'an as word of God

Re: Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned by Abdulgaffar22: 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2019
@ Paabakp

Allah says;
Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allah, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued (Qur'an 9:29).
The verse commanded the Islamic state to fight the Jews and Christians who were living in the Muslim territories UNTIL they pay Jizya (tax). If they pay this tax, then they will continue to live in PEACE and enjoy the security laid down by the Islamic state. This Jizya paid by the Jews and Christians is EQUIVALENT to zaqat paid by the Muslims. So what is your problem concerning the Jizya imposed on the Jews and Christians who decided to live under Islamic state.
Read below what God commanded Moses to do in the book of Deuteronomy 20:10-18 NIV
20:10 When you march up to ATTACK a city, make its people an offer of peace.
20:11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to FORCED LABOR and shall work for you.
20:12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay SIEGE to that city.
20:13 When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, PUT TO THE SWORD ALL THE MEN in it.
20:14 As for the WOMEN, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may TAKE THESE AS PLUNDER for yourselves. And you may USE the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies.
20:15 This is how you are to treat ALL THE CITIES that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.
20:16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, DO NOT LEAVE ALIVE anything that breathes.
20:17 COMPLETELY DESTROY them--the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites--as the LORD your God has commanded you.

Now tell me which one do you prefer?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Repentant Criminals in Nigeria not Prosecuted? / The Only Prayer Of The Sinner That God Hears / 5 Year Old Boy Who Died In Well. Where Was God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.