Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal (1776 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany: FIFA U17 Women's WC Third Place Match (3 - 2) pens / Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests / Tunisia Vs Nigeria: AFCON Third Place (0 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by massmediang: 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2019
Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal, Accuses Referee Of Corruption After Receiving Red Card

A visibly angry Lionel Messi skipped the Copa America medal ceremony yesterday and accused referees of “corruption” following Argentina’s failure to win the tournament and and his rare red card in Saturday’s 2-1, third-place, playoff victory over Chile.

Minutes before half-time, Messi clashed with Gary Medel after the Chile defender had shielded the ball out of play near his goal. The two players aggressively bumped chests a number of times before match referee Mauro Diaz de Vivar intervened and immediately flashed red cards for both.

The straight red marked the first time the Barcelona forward had been sent off in a senior game for club or country since a red in his debut with the national team against Hungary in 2005.

After the match, Messi, who didn’t collect his third-place medal with his teammates, ranted about the officiating at the tournament, suggesting his red card was a result of his harsh criticism of officials following the semifinal loss against Brazil in which Argentina saw two penalty claims denied.

“It’s a play that happens a lot. [Medel] always plays to the limit. I think the referee overreacted. With a yellow card for both of us, everything would be over. I feel lot of anger because I think I did not deserve that red card because I think we were playing a very good game.
See details;
https://massmediang.com/angry-messi-refuses-to-collect-copa-america-third-place-medal-accuses-referee-of-corruption-after-receiving-red-card/

Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by kunleweb: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2019
And who betide him not to win the tournament? When human beings arrogate more to themselves than they truly are, this is what happens. I expect a steep and steady fall as the Liverpool scenario is yet to teach him humility.

1 Like

Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by bankyblue(m): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
He should go and sit on top she*t

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by FatherBona: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
[s]
kunleweb:
And who betide him not to win the tournament? When human beings arrogate more to themselves than they truly are, this is what happens. I expect a steep and steady fall as the Liverpool scenario is yet to teach him humility.
[/s]trash
Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by dominique(f): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
What a way to end an international career sad
Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by Nbote(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
kunleweb:

U mumu gan... U watch d match?
Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by onlinetomola(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
who cares ? undecided
Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by Nbote(m): 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
dominique:
What a way to end an international career sad

D ref was being an absolute asshole... Even d guy who started d scuffle said he was expecting a yellow...
Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by kunleweb: 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
Nbote:

U mumu gan... U watch d match?

I simply commented comessorate to the post dimwit. Show me the match for the thread otondo like you tongue

1 Like

Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by WhoDoWeBlame: 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by WhoDoWeBlame: 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
who messi offend for argentina,i pity him sha.2 red cards in his career and both came while playing for argentina.and he needs an international trophy to cement his status as the all-time greatest for argentina

1 Like

Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by Jayess: 12:02am On Jul 08, 2019
kunleweb:
Do you hate Messi this much?
I'm not Messi's fan but letting the referee go without query is Injustice to Messi. To me it's like a conspiracy to blacken him out of Ballon D'Or
Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by Beverlyjean(f): 1:22am On Jul 08, 2019
WhoDoWeBlame:
who messi offend for argentina,i pity him sha.2 red cards in his career and both came while playing for argentina.and he needs an international trophy to cement his status as the all-time greatest for argentina

Chile has shown this guy pepper sha...it's like Chile is pursuing him at every end of Copa to destroy him
Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by WhoDoWeBlame: 8:54am On Jul 08, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Chile has shown this guy pepper sha...it's like Chile is pursuing him at every end of Copa to destroy him
Very true
Re: Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal by Jokerman(m): 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Chile na im Achilles heel

(1) (Reply)

Everton's Andre Gomes Just Suffered The Most Horrific Injury In Football / Meet Beautiful Swiss-born Super Falcons Player Onyinyechi Zogg (photos) / My Life As A Young Thug- MIKE TYSON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.