Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:02 PM

Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault (26436 Views)

Senator Elisha Abbo Breaks Silence On Alleged Assault Inside Abuja gadget Shop / Senator Elisha Abbo Responds To Video Of Him Assaulting A Nursing Mother / Video Of Senator Elisha Abbo Assaulting A Woman Inside store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by Neoteny(m): 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2019
This is all fine and good but I'm more interested in the hypocritical police punishing that useless police officer who was at the scene first.

Home begins at charity after all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by luminouz(m): 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2019
AbuuBilaal:
If the guy is truly guilty I hope he gets punished for it. Beating women is a just stvpid act.

One thing many men don't realise is the biggest weapon you have against a woman is to snub her. No matter how alher words stab you just don't show it on your face and don't say anything.

It works 100% and has no side effects.

On another note, if a woman had slapped a guy and beaten a guy as the video showed this man doing would we have taken it as serious as we're taking this? We need to be honest. I hate double standard.
I love your first point so long its just her words. Once u gets violent/take up objects with intent on physical harm,I will defend myself sharply,woman,animal or unicorn. Ion tolerate physical assaults from anyone.
Your second point depends on the man. If he chooses to fight back,I don't see any issues with that,assault is assault to me,not gender factored. If he chooses to walk away and prosecute her, good too. If he chooses to walk away and forget the whole show,still good for him.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by pobosky20(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2019
How's
IneedSugarMumy1:

Why them carry he case go zuba??

Where the judges can be easily compromised, zuba is almost out of Abuja

Ok let's say all the courts inside city centre are busy

What of gwarimpa, kubwa, garki

Why far zuba

Ndi oshiii

You don't know Zuba well. The town has courts around. I've been to that Magistrate court. Its a no nonsense place. Let's wait for the outcome first
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by MyOleSolksjaer: 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2019
IPOB Senator
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by OpinionCounts(m): 1:27pm On Jul 08, 2019
namiji2598:
I think this is the first time nigerians are standing against a politician,,,,it will be a good thing if the do it consistently against all the politicians found guilty of corruption too

My dear, don't be elated yet. This one na small boy, him na upcoming politician, him no get weight, him no get level and him no get connect, that is why them fit do all this to him.
Make dem do am to all this big wigs money bags politicians wey dey steadily molest people everywhere every time, then I go know sey we don dey mature.
There are many cases of big shot politicians ordering boys to beat up someone in public and even when the case was reported to the police with witness testimonies, the police will ask you whether you no get sense? abi u no know who u dey report so? U no like urself? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by Mummymahdi(f): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2019
AbuuBilaal:
If the guy is truly guilty I hope he gets punished for it. Beating women is a just stvpid act.

One thing many men don't realise is the biggest weapon you have against a woman is to snub her. No matter how alher words stab you just don't show it on your face and don't say anything.

On another note, if a woman had slapped a guy and beaten a guy as the video showed this man doing would we have taken it as serious as we're taking this? We need to be honest. I hate double standard.

True man spoted

1 Like

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2019
Philinho:
When is a turn of a man,they will not arraign a woman for assault... let's watch
That is the problem with gender advocate
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by osejie17(m): 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2019
judging from his hair ma guy go soon craze
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by cococandy(f): 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2019
We want pictures of him in handcuffs
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2019
Finally another dog has been taken off the streets of Nigeria. Well done ladies
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by samonak(m): 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2019
Bolustical:
Dancing Senator - PDP

Singing Senator - PDP

Slapping Senator - PDP

Budget Cutting SP- PDP
What of mace stealing senator?

1 Like

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by olawale1516(m): 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2019
if na me this senator slap.. for one slap na 4 millions Naira in the court of law , that is what I will instruct my lawyer for his Appeal ...and I think the woman chop up to 5 slaps this is 20 millions naira, with non compliance na jail and forfeit of the senator seat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by Thegamingorca(m): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Useless alfa male angry

Thank God for CCTV,

He would have gotten away with this under the assumption that the woman was running her mouth and deserved it.

grin grin

We are finally winning
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by Jabioro: 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
Oh my God ..one count charge.How many time did he slapped the nursing mother ? Is that the only offence he committed at shop ? Nigeria police you fall ✋..
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by Thegamingorca(m): 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2019
cococandy:
We want pictures of him in handcuffs

Lol
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by DelilahMakinde(f): 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2019
namiji2598:
I think this is the first time nigerians are standing against a politician,,,,it will be a good thing if the do it consistently against all the politicians found guilty of corruption too

Wake us up when they stand against ruling party politician..
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2019
2016v2017:

NIgerians, where's the self acclaimed pastor Yemi Osinbanjo , your Vice President?
Wahala dey oo, tender resignation letter,As.R..k cabals say no, hold hostage.

Are you Sure??
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2019
Thegamingorca:

grin grin

We are finally winning

Alfa males to the prison.
The world must be safe again grin

1 Like

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 08, 2019
Pictures of him in court or idontbelieveit...

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by daroz(m): 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2019
I know the police could only have power over him because he is PDP.
If he was APC( especially a northern Muslim one), no police can dare question him, even if we protest from now till tomorrow.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by Codes151(m): 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2019
Grass cutting looter APC
Budget looters APC

Bolustical:
Dancing Senator - PDP

Singing Senator - PDP

Slapping Senator - PDP

Budget Cutting SP- PDP

1 Like

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by majamajic(m): 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2019
namiji2598:

not the first time , we stood against the Kano state Governor when his agbada swallowed dollars , yet nothing happened,

this is happening cos he is from opposition party , if he is from the ruling party it will go same way the agbada went ,
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by orunmila144: 1:58pm On Jul 08, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

if she is a senator yes. if this guy was not a senator nobody would care. so its not a gender issue. its a position issue
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2019
Halleluyah. Nigeria is changing for the better. I honestly believed this would be swept under the Carpet after some noise. For this Senator to have been charged to Court this quickly is a miracle and a praiseworthy development. Let us hope he is found guilty to set an example to others who see themselves as above the law and go around trampling on the human rights of ordinary Nigerians.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by AbuuBilaal(m): 2:00pm On Jul 08, 2019
orunmila144:
if she is a senator yes. if this guy was not a senator nobody would care. so its not a gender issue. its a position issue

Okay.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by TommyAnthem(m): 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2019
Nothing much is expected from the prosecution, highest they will do is to sentence him to......number of years with an option
of one small fine which he will just dip his hand into his pocket and pay immediately. Then he will stroll out of the court a free bird...mark my words, nothing more nothing less.
LegendVibes:
Police have arraigned Senator Elisha Abbo before the Zuba Magistrates’ Court in Abuja for assaulting a nursing mother at an Abuja adult toy shop, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that the lawmaker is expected to be brought before the court on Monday on one count of assault.

Commissioner of Police, Federal Capital Territory Police Command, Bala Ciroma, confirmed to The Punch that Mr Abbo had been taken to the court for arraignment.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmaker, representing Adamawa North at the National Assembly, had apologised in a press briefing last week for his actions.

It is believed that the video of the incident and his statement owning up to the incident would be used as evidence against him.

A women’s group, National Council for Women Society (NCWS), FCT Chapter, had on Sunday rejected his apology.

The group advocated for stiffer punishment for Abbo to serve as deterrent to others who assault women in workplace, shops or markets.

It also called on the United Nations and other international organisations to ensure Abbo’s prosecution in order to guard against future occurrence.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/?p=823557

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by Clevite(m): 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:

Why them carry he case go zuba??

Where the judges can be easily compromised, zuba is almost out of Abuja

Ok let's say all the courts inside city centre are busy

What of gwarimpa, kubwa, garki

Why far zuba

Ndi oshiii
Choice of court depends on the court under which jurisdiction the shop at which the offence was committed is located.
May be the shop falls within the jurisdiction of Zuba Magistrate court.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by orunmila144: 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2019
GFELOG2018:
This is a joke taken far.He should apologise to the Lady and pay Compensation .The Lady will also withdraw the case .What all this drama all about?I didn't see this push when the Mace runner slapped a Lady in the Chamber .Why do we bring politics into everything?Common.Lets focus on Nation rebuilding abet. cry
this is called, setting a precedent. problem with idiots like you is you call nigeria a zoo but when its time to clean up the zoo and turn it into civilization fools like you start crying that they should leave the zoo the way it is. why dont you go to america and slap a woman several times and it is recorded on camera. you will be locked up in jail for 20 years. thats why they are a civilised society. zero tolerance for crime.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2019
Clevite:

Choice of court depends on the court under which jurisdiction the shop at which the offence was committed is located.

Ok oo
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault by orunmila144: 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2019
sonofElElyon:
Upon conviction, he will be given an option of fine.. He is obviously rich so he will pay the fine with ease.. He won't be going to jail so he won't learn any hard lesson like a lot of people expect..
Except of course, the conviction can be used as a ground to remove him from the senate..
I want to see one of his vociferous antagonists approach the court to seek an order removing him from the senate based on the conviction..
It could however be contested on the grounds that only a pre election conviction could disqualify him from the senate..
I wait to see how this plays out..

thats the point. we dont care about him spending any time in jail. we just want him removed from the senate. you cant make the laws and break the laws at the same time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aiyedatiwa Appoints Ex-NASS Clerk, Olaide Adelami As Deputy Governor Of Ondo / Bride Abandons Wedding For Nnpc Test? (PIX) / N125m ‘Invisible’ House Rented For Saraki, Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.