Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,042 members, 7,845,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists (794 Views)

Asari Dokubo To Governor Fubara: Rivers Is Not A Christian State / Let Them Come & Beat Me: Wike Insists On Permission Before Rallies, Hits Dogara / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by CyynthiaKiss(f): 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2019
Rivers a Christian State, Wike Insists
editorJuly 8, 2019 8:55 Am
Ernest Chinwo in Port Harcourt

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has said nobody can intimidate him to change his stand that Rivers is a Christian state.

This is as he praised the Christian Community of the state for standing firm to “defeat the forces of democratic darkness” during the March 9 governorship elections.

He spoke at the 2019 election victory thanksgiving service in the honour of the governor and his deputy by all the Anglican Dioceses of Rivers State at Saint Paul’s Cathedral, Port Harcourt, yesterday.

The governor noted that Rivers Christians insisted that Rivers mandate must be respected despite the plots against the state.

“I want to use this medium to thank the Church for their support. It is important for us to realise that but for the support and prayers of the Church, we wouldn’t have attained victory.

“I heard that some people are angry that I declared Rivers as a Christian State. With what happened on March 9, 2019, it re-emphasised my conviction that Rivers is a Christian State. Nobody can intimidate me into changing my position”.

Wike assured the Church that he would never disappoint the church, noting that he would continue to deliver development to the state.

“I will not disappoint the Church. I will continue to support the Church. When people who think that they are God came, Christians stood firm and showed that Rivers State is a Christian State,” he said.

He stated that all his actions during his second term would be geared towards growing the state.

The governor reiterated the state’s rejection of RUGA settlements for herdsmen in whatever form it would be introduced by the authorities.

He said that the state can only donate ocean water to the system via the laying of water pipelines to serve the cattle in the northern part of the

country.

In a sermon, the Anglican Bishop of Okrika Diocese, Rt. Rev. Tubokosemie Abere, said the thanksgiving service marks the beginning of a glorious era in Rivers State.

He said: “Today marks the journey of a glorious era of our State. The attitude of thanksgiving will never end in our state”.

Abere urged all Rivers politicians to work with the governor to develop the state in line with the hand of reconciliation extended by Wike.

He commended the governor for his outstanding performance in his first term and urged him to step up the tempo in his second term.

In his remark, Bishop of Evo Diocese, Rt Rev Innocent Ordu, said the entire Anglican Community in Rivers State celebrate Wike and Harry-Banigo for their contribution to the development of the State.

He said the governor and his deputy, as confirmed Anglican parishioners, have lived up to the expectations of the people.

The Thanksgiving Service was officiated by the Anglican Bishop of Okrika Diocese, Rt Rev Tubokosemie Abere; Bishop of Diocese of Ahoada, Rt Rev Clement Ekpeye; Bishop of Ogoni Diocese , Rt Rev Solomon Gberegbara; Bishop of Etche Diocese, Rt. Rev Okechukwu Nwala; Bishop of Ikwerre Diocese, Rt Rev Blessing Enyindah; Bishop of Evo Diocese, Rt Rev Innocent Ordu; Bishop of Niger Delta Diocese, Rt Rev Cornelius Ebirien; and Bishop of Niger Delta North, Rt Rev Wisdom Ihunwo

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/07/08/rivers-a-christian-state-wike-insists/&hl=en-NG

Lalasticlala lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by CyynthiaKiss(f): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2019
Let's wait for Yoruba Muslims Led by Isaq Akintola ..
They are on their way.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2019
Same as ondo

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by dreamwords: 1:25pm On Jul 08, 2019
Ewedu gubbling species from waste bin won't like this
Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by CyynthiaKiss(f): 1:25pm On Jul 08, 2019
IntrovertedK:
Same as ondo

Seems you are a Yoruba Christian.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by orisa37: 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2019
The Man who knows his Onions.
Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2019
IntrovertedK:
Same as ondo

When did that one happen oga??

We are not aware that na Christian state.
Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by Turantula(m): 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2019
wont like this atoll
CC: immhotep

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2019
JESUS IS LORD FOREVER AND EVER.

Let's us all live as brothers and sisters.
Do not let religion separates us.

#WWJD

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by Ooni: 6:49pm On Jul 08, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:
Let's wait for Yoruba Muslims Led by Isaq Akintola ..
They are on their way.
stop dividing us. in omoluabi there is neither moslem nor Christian nor pagan. we are one. what a Christian like adeboye does is what a moslem like ishaq akintola will do and that is exactly what a pagan like sango worshipper will do. we all have one character irrespective of our religions. we are not divided like ibos.
Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by CyynthiaKiss(f): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2019
Ooni:
stop dividing us. in omoluabi there is neither moslem nor Christian nor pagan. we are one. what a Christian like adeboye does is what a moslem like ishaq akintola will do and that is exactly what a pagan like sango worshipper will do. we all have one character irrespective of our religions. we are not divided like ibos.

"Yoruba is Yoruba "..A phrase coined by Yoruba Muslims when things are going their way..
Keep deceiving yourself.. Some of us Christian yorubas are waking up..

We will remind you all your atrocities when the chips are down.

For now concentrate your mission to eradicate innovation .

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 08, 2019
Turantula:
wont like this atoll
CC: immhotep
should emigrate to Saudi Arabia ASAP

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:56pm On Jul 08, 2019
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by Dakad: 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2019
Nigerian politicians. This our God is such a patient God. These same set of people that kill to get to position of power. Let no one be deceived, God can't be mocked. Rivers state is made up of mostly people who claimed to be Christians that's a fact. However, are these people which I'm among really Christ like is another question entirely. Most communities in Ogoni are deserted due to rampage activities of cult members likewise most other community. Our politicians always play this religion card because they know majority are gullible.
I'm a Christian and I live in Rivers but is Rivers state a Christian state only God can perfectly answer that.
Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by tartar9(m): 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2019
Do you people even know what is a xtian or a Muslim state.Rivers state is a secular state.
Re: Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists by Turantula(m): 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
tartar9:
Do you people even know what is a xtian or a Muslim state.Rivers state is a secular state.
Says a Yeloba Mooslem

(1) (Reply)

Inec Missing Server: Face And Company Names Of Those Who Erased Presidential Res / JUST IN: Top Dignitaries Grace Wedding Of Sultan’s Daughter / Salvation Ministries Wristband Saved A Man From Kidnappers In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.