Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,987 members, 7,852,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:17 PM

What Are Common Issues Surrounding Undergraduate Studentship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are Common Issues Surrounding Undergraduate Studentship (212 Views)

Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah / Renouncement Of My Studentship In Protest Of The Gruesome Murder Of Sokoto Colle / About Studentship In Belarus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are Common Issues Surrounding Undergraduate Studentship by uniprojectM: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2019
It has never been easy to say that all is entirely well as a student; even when some can gladly say that, some others can’t just say so ‘cause being a student means different things to both parties. Undergraduates face not one, not two issues in school, if not connected to finance, it could be intellectual or even more.

Most times, the process of choosing an undergraduate project topic and the period of doing the actual project is considered the toughest moment for undergraduates. But I don’t think so; let me take this moment to point out very common issues students face, you will agree with me when am done.

Varying knowledge testing preferences
Whereas students would prefer to be tested on what they know how to do best, the normal undergraduate system would want every student in the same academic level to be tested on the same thing irrespective of their knowledge capacity. This is really a tough time for such students; you see, some do better when tested orally than when written, for some, writing, some drawing, some exhibition, some implementation and project based learning, some corporative learning. Dividing the undergraduate school system into faculties and departments has not helped this menace up to 30%.

Unequal IQ
The learning process for all students infact everyone else is different; yes we all understand that but who has bailed the cat since we all knew? Some students grasp faster and retain longer than some others who are slow in learning or have low retention span; some can’t even keep their attention for too long. These individual differences constitute challenging issues for undergraduate students.

Financial constraints
It might interest you to know that 30% of undergraduate students pay their tuition themselves and it happens sometimes that they would have to suspend studies for a while to go make some more money to further their education. This is a major setback both in the academic and administrative terrain as lectures will struggle to manage the class number which apparently would have out-numbered or do I still have to mention the administrative huddles these students need to take before successfully suspending studies a while.

Other issues students may face may include low availability of teaching and learning facilities, lack of trained teachers- (being a lecturer or professor doesn’t make you a trained teacher) low availability of teaching and learning facilities, little or no flare for discipline of study and even more.

(1) (Reply)

Adeleke University To Conduct Job Fair For 2019 Phoenix Graduating Class / Uploading Of Olevel Result / Bauchi State University, Gadau. 2019/2020 Pre-degree, IJMB, Sandwich & Diploma F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.