Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,652 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin (540 Views)

Time Magazine Names Tinubu Among 100 Most Influential People Of 2023 / Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2019
Afenifere chieftain, Yinka Odumakin, says All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bola Tinubu, is one of the promoters of the Ruga initiative which seeks to give free land to herdsmen for cattle grazing and other forms of animal husbandry.

Odumakin drew the attention of Nigerians to Tinubu’s speech at a national summit on conflict resolution organised by The Nation and TV Continental with the theme, ‘Towards an Enduring Peace.’

He noted that at the event which held at the Nigerian Air Force Centre, Abuja on October 8, 2018, Tinubu said, “The government must help herders gradually shift from their traditional nomadic existence to a more static lifestyle.  We have to face the reality that modernity is making the nomadic way counterproductive and inefficient.

“Unoccupied, isolated land can quickly be turned into grazing areas in the affected states. In the long run, this will enable herders to better maintain their livestock and thus their own livelihood.”

Speaking with our correspondent during an interview on Monday, the Afenifere spokesman said it was for this reason that Tinubu could not join other prominent Yoruba leaders in rejecting the Ruga programme.

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka; the Aare Oona Kakanfo, Otunba Gani Adams, the Ooni of Ife, Enitan Ogunwusi; and other prominent Nigerians have all condemned the scheme.

Odumakin said, “It would be a waste of time to expect Tinubu to say anything on the Ruga matter. Don’t forget that in 2018, it was reported in The PUNCH that he said all unused lands should be given to herdsmen for grazing. I spoke up then but he lambasted me.

“What we are witnessing today is a manifestation of what he said. So, how can he come out today to oppose Ruga? He advocated Ruga.

“To expect Asiwaju to speak against Ruga is like expecting a shadow to shed tears. It will never happen.”

Afenifere spokesman also noted that the Ruga initiative and the National Livestock Development Plan being handled by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo were not different from each other as claimed by President Muhammadu Buhari’s Spokesman, Garba Shehu.

Efforts to get a reaction from Tinubu proved abortive as his Spokesman, Tunde Rahman, did not respond to a text message sent to his phone.

https://punchng.com/tinubu-among-promoters-of-ruga-odumakin/?fbclid=IwAR38KLnjRUlQb3YT4fn1_-_T7o714ZW07al7ws1dRBtnGr_odC7re6t3nTY
Re: Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by Bigflamie(m): 7:39pm On Jul 08, 2019
Tinubu and Buhari will go down shamefully.
mark this

sad

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by nairavsdollars(f): 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2019
Hypocrite..That is why he has been silent on the matter

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by CyynthiaKiss(f): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2019
Apart from his political affiliations, religion is playing it's own big role too..

No Yoruba Muslim man or woman has condemned Ruga uptill today..

If not for Yoruba Christians that are speaking out, execution of Ruga would have taken place long time ago in SW.
As for those that are calling for southern unity, have it at the back of your mind that with Yoruba Muslims you are just chasing a shadow. Some of us Christian Yorubas still have a lot of work to do. These people are dragging us backwards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by Itaarh(m): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2019
Weting concern me

Re: Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by RockHard: 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:
Apart from his political affiliations, religion is playing it's own role too..

No Yoruba Muslim has condemned Ruga uptill today..
If not for Yoruba Christians that are speaking out, execution of Ruga would have taken place long time ago in SW.

As an Igbo person that you are, I must say that your obsession for 'Yoruba Muslims' is quite disturbing.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by cosef: 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2019
Dem don use this own hook Tinubu for neck.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by NkayStory(f): 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2019
Ofcourse sane folks know that..

Useless afonja raise to infinity is what he is.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 08, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:
Apart from his political affiliations, religion is playing it's own big role too..

No Yoruba Muslim man or woman has condemned Ruga uptill today..

As for those that are calling for southern unity, have it at the back of your mind that with Yoruba Muslims you are just chasing a shadow. Some of us Christian Yorubas still have a lot of work to do. These people are dragging us backwards.

Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Please can you guys or your developer program this yoruba Muslim and yoruba Christians to outrightly reflect yoruba to any that typed that statement because this childish thing is getting boring.

As far as am concern yoruba is yoruba nothing like Christian or Muslim and when I comment on issues I generalise it to yorubas.

You guys should really do something about that, is getting stale.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 08, 2019
Y’all should all use your brain now..wetin concern tinubu for this matter. Tinubu has the best means possible to express his take on This Ruga to the president himself directly not social media . What’s wrong with Nigerian always judging things through the eyes of social media and not ground fact sef...Tinubu please this country don tire me Abeg become president quickly so a southerner can be Efcc chairman . I want to work for Efcc grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by deomelo: 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2019
“Unoccupied, isolated land can quickly be turned into grazing areas in the affected states. In the long run, this will enable herders to better maintain their livestock and thus their own livelihood.

See as the ignorant and unintelligent can't read and comprehend PDP bingo turn Asiwaju's comment into RUGA.

Shebi RUGA was suggested for all the states in Nigeria and not just the affected areas?

Obviously, Asiwaju's position is the same position Igbos and other rejectors are suggesting, that RUGA should be limited to the affected states in the North.

These Tinubu obsessed clowns are obviously confused, mentally disturbed and politically traumatized..

Dod Bless Asiwaju of Nigeria.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by stanluiz(m): 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2019
I talk am.
Tinubu will not say anything about ruga because of 2023 ambition.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin by Mynd44: 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2019

(1)

Dino Melaye: I Have 104 Cows, President Buhari Should Create RUGA For Me / Buhari's Ministrial List: Saraki, Akpabio, Nominated, & Dan Ali, Kachikwu, Drop / Why We Arrested Sowore - DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.