Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,013 members, 7,825,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON (25562 Views)

Super Eagles Players Fall Sick In Camp Ahead Of AFCON Opener Against Burundi / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Aiyegbeni Names Best Striker In Super Eagles Squad Ahead Of AFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by SmartyPants(m): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ndubest123:
I celebrated their loss last night with champagne. I saw it coming anyway. Did they play well in all their matches? No

Why did you celebrate?
Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by SmartyPants(m): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
DANIELKWAME:
[/color][i][/i][color=#006600]
we tried our best .
We are still at the top.

We are together bro. It was a good attempt but you guys need to improve at taking penalties!
Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by planetx: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
RTSC:
Nigeria is going to win the 4th afcon to equal Ghana.

The last time Ghana won one was in 1982. Nigeria has won three since then.
E
If not for Samuel etoo dealing with the super eagles on so many occasions, we could have won six by now.
Nigerias first AFCON was in 1980
Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by BluntBoy(m): 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
Swanzi:

You want to be the best beat the best.

That is just a saying, not reality. Ghana is no better than South Africa, but being perennial foes, a match with Ghana poses more threat to our ambition than a match with South Africa. If we beat South Africa on Wednesday, it would still amount to beating one of the best teams in Africa. Any team that has reached the last 8 is no walkover. However, each team poses a different threat. A terrible Ghanaian team would pose a great threat to Nigeria any time any day, and vice versa. Even Ghana would have wanted to avoid Nigeria.

There is no issue of best or better in this matter.
Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by nototribalist: 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
SmartyPants:

I'm surprised too but be assured you are not alone. I want to believe that most of those hating on the Ghanaians may have never traveled beyond the borders of Nigeria. We have a lot more that binds us in common than what may separate us.

I visited Ghana last year and I was very warmly received. It's a lovely country and most Nigerians would feel at home there. So i can't imagine why some on here are rejoicing when the arabs, as much as they may fight internally, will never, and i mean never, support a black West African country over Egypt or any member of the Maghreb.

And they think it is funny. But i was delighted to observe that our supporters club band played for Ghana yesterday.

Speak for yourself, Ghanaians hate Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by SmartyPants(m): 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
nototribalist:

Speak for yourself, Ghanaians hate Nigerians.

And where did I speak for anybody other than myself?
Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by Swanzi(m): 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
BluntBoy:

That is just a saying, not reality. Ghana is no better than South Africa, but being perennial foes, a match with Ghana poses more threat to our ambition than a match with South Africa. If we beat South Africa on Wednesday, it would still amount to beating one of the best teams in Africa. Any team that has reached the last 8 is no walkover. However, each team poses a different threat. A terrible Ghanaian team would pose a great threat to Nigeria any time any day, and vice versa. Even Ghana would have wanted to avoid Nigeria.

There is no issue of best or better in this matter.

Stop deluding urself if ur team is good then it’s good it doesn’t matter how intense the
the rivalry..
Eg our team of 92 beat Nigeria enroute to the final cos we were the best simple .
Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by BluntBoy(m): 7:20am On Jul 10, 2019
Swanzi:

Stop deluding urself if ur team is good then it’s good it doesn’t matter how intense the
the rivalry..
Eg our team of 92 beat Nigeria enroute to the final cos we were the best simple .

And we beat your team in 2008. No big deal.

I am sure you people were happy to avoid us this year only to lose to an under fire Tunisian team that our Super Eagles would have snacked on.
Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by owila4luv(m): 11:02am On Jul 10, 2019
DANIELKWAME:
[/color][i][/i][color=#006600]
we tried our best .
We are still at the top.
top from behind i guess
Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by owila4luv(m): 11:03am On Jul 10, 2019
DANIELKWAME:
in AFRICA
i no fit laugh
Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by Swanzi(m): 11:10am On Jul 10, 2019
BluntBoy:

And we beat your team in 2008. No big deal.

I am sure you people were happy to avoid us this year only to lose to an under fire Tunisian team that our Super Eagles would have snacked on.

Check ur facts nigeria never beat Ghana in 2008
Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by BluntBoy(m): 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2019
Swanzi:

Check ur facts nigeria never beat Ghana in 2008

It was 2006. Taiye Taiwo scored a freekick. We beat Ghana 1-0.
Re: Ghana Knocked Out Of AFCON by BlackSaints: 7:21am On Jul 11, 2019
Sarah20A:
Nigerians should start praying for the eagles if not lipsrsealed
And we won. grin grin oya come give me lap dance tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZzdV_SNdvU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Live Pictures From Ballon D'or Award 2021 / MFM FC Striker Nominated For CNN Goal Of The Week Award / Rio Ferdinand: Okocha, Best African Footballer Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.