Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu (14684 Views)

I'm Getting Abuse Because Of My Interview With Bola Tinubu - Peter Okwoche / Chimaroke Nnamani Of PDP Campaigning With Bola Tinubu's Picture In Enugu / Pictures From APC Governors Meeting With Bola Tinubu In Lagos Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by CuriousMynd: 6:09am On Jul 09, 2019
The president of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan, has disclosed what he discussed with the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Igbere TV reports.

Lawan who on Sunday, July 7, met with Tinubu, said the Senate will take its oversight role seriously and perform its assignments without fear or favour.

The Senate president who disclosed this through his official Twitter handle assured Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari and the government would be supported by the National Assembly.

He wrote;

“During my visit yesterday to the National Leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, I reiterated the fact that the Senate will take its oversight role seriously and perform its assignments without fear or favour.

We will perform our job not to create hostility or engender rancour in the relationship between the National Assembly and the executive but to create synergy. Synergy will help us deliver our respective services to the people.

That notwithstanding, I want to assure Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari and the government would be supported from the National Assembly.

Addressing senators during the resumption of plenary on Tuesday, July 2, in Abuja. The Senate president said there was serious poverty in the land and that only concerted efforts by the two arms of government could address the issue.”

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/824946/senate-president-lawan-discloses-details-of-meeting-with-bola-tinubu/

5 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:13am On Jul 09, 2019
A New and better Nigeria is all we are after.

Let them all get it right after all the years of the locust.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari.

God bless Nigeria.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by VirginSearcher(m): 6:14am On Jul 09, 2019
Funny country with aboki senate president.. what do I know sef even the president of the whole country is a stark illiterate

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by gr8keeng: 6:14am On Jul 09, 2019
It's for the interest of the country for the executive and the national assembly to be on the same page, this will help spur the necessary development for the betterment of the country..... cos if the two arms are not in agreement with each other, las las nah the citizens go suffer am

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by israelmao(m): 6:14am On Jul 09, 2019
[Three things are key if Nigeria must move forward we must;set asides tribal and religious sentiments including our selfish ambitions.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by nabegibeg: 6:15am On Jul 09, 2019
CuriousMynd:
The president of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan, has disclosed what he discussed with the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Igbere TV reports.

Lawan who on Sunday, July 7, met with Tinubu, said the Senate will take its oversight role seriously and perform its assignments without fear or favour.

The Senate president who disclosed this through his official Twitter handle assured Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari and the government would be supported by the National Assembly.

He wrote;

“During my visit yesterday to the National Leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, I reiterated the fact that the Senate will take its oversight role seriously and perform its assignments without fear or favour.

We will perform our job not to create hostility or engender rancour in the relationship between the National Assembly and the executive but to create synergy. Synergy will help us deliver our respective services to the people.

That notwithstanding, I want to assure Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari and the government would be supported from the National Assembly.

Addressing senators during the resumption of plenary on Tuesday, July 2, in Abuja. The Senate president said there was serious poverty in the land and that only concerted efforts by the two arms of government could address the issue.”

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/824946/senate-president-lawan-discloses-details-of-meeting-with-bola-tinubu/

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by obatowon1(m): 6:16am On Jul 09, 2019
Now we can have a Nigeria that works

3 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by VirginSearcher(m): 6:17am On Jul 09, 2019
post=80080071:
[s]A New and better Nigeria is all we are after.

Let them all get it right after all the years of the locust.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari.

God bless Nigeria.[/s]
You will get sense at age 75 by then it's late angry

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by Johnkay01: 6:17am On Jul 09, 2019
Okay

With this Tinubu consistency in wielding political power, I doubt if we will see any other politician to surpass his record in decades to come.

BAT is flying higher and higher, day by day.

14 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by barrypro: 6:19am On Jul 09, 2019
Ok
To Design your website at pocket friendly rate. Check my signature.
Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by ssogundele(m): 6:19am On Jul 09, 2019
Hope anti- Tinubu would take this your explanation since their minds are fixated on Tinubu been the worst politician on earth. Machiavelli of our time

7 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by Auxtin85(m): 6:20am On Jul 09, 2019
It will be well with you all of the meeting was not about Ruga settlement. It shall be well with Lawan if he does not support Buhari’s evil agenda
Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by focus7: 6:21am On Jul 09, 2019
Good one, Saraki hostile system to the executive only succeeded in making poverty worst in the land. He made it a case of since it will not favour me then it should not favour all.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by selemempe: 6:21am On Jul 09, 2019
Even tho am Igbo and pro pdp...i will say this...if Ahmed lawal remains loyal to tinubu for 4yrs as the person who helped him emerge...then thats a rare quality from a northern politician. Northern politicians always treat southern politicians as below them...it will be good to see one who respects the south

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by Firefire(m): 6:21am On Jul 09, 2019
Who ask you story?

Rubber stamp Sinate. undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by Firefire(m): 6:23am On Jul 09, 2019
[s]
focus7:
Good one, Saraki hostile system to the executive only succeeded in making poverty worst in the land. He made it a case of since it will not favour me then it should not favour all.
[/s]

Kontinue, your future ambition?

3 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by focus7: 6:23am On Jul 09, 2019
Firefire:
Who ask you story?

Guy seriously, when will you end your lamentation?

I have known you like this no be yesterday.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by Firefire(m): 6:23am On Jul 09, 2019
VirginSearcher:

You will get sense at age 75 by then it's late

He can’t anymore. Closed destiny.

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by Firefire(m): 6:24am On Jul 09, 2019
focus7:

Guy seriously, when will you end your lamentation?

I have known you like this no be yesterday.

I only feel for your likes whose destiny these rogues are mortgaging

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by blackpanda: 6:27am On Jul 09, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Aboki country with aboki senate president.. what do I know sef even the president of the whole country is a stark illiterate

Pls swallow your hate this early morning. Mtsfheeew

1 Like

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by blackpanda: 6:28am On Jul 09, 2019
Auxtin85:
It will be well with you all of the meeting was not about Ruga settlement. It shall be well with Lawan if he does not support Buhari’s evil agenda

And it will be well with ur brain if u can grow up and start thinking rationally
Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by VirginSearcher(m): 6:31am On Jul 09, 2019
Firefire:

He can’t anymore. Closed destiny.
I'm telling you

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by RDPMAN: 6:35am On Jul 09, 2019
We hear you.
Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by ClearFlair: 6:51am On Jul 09, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Aboki country with aboki senate president.. what do I know sef even the president of the whole country is a stark illiterate

You’re obviously the stark illiterate here.
Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by Boyooosa(m): 6:58am On Jul 09, 2019
selemempe:
Even tho am Igbo and pro pdp...i will say this...if Ahmed lawal remains loyal to tinubu for 4yrs as the person who helped him emerge...then thats a rare quality from a northern politician. Northern politicians always treat southern politicians as below them...it will be good to see one who respects the south
I don't think what we need in Nigeria this time should be loyalty to tinubu nor a part of the country having superiority complex over the other but more of fixing the shiit we are all in. Get it right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by DameB(f): 7:05am On Jul 09, 2019
If I hear say this was all they discussed!!! Smiles.....

1 Like

Re: Senate President Lawan Discloses Details Of Meeting With Bola Tinubu by DameB(f): 7:08am On Jul 09, 2019
Boyooosa:

I don't think what we need in Nigeria this time should be loyalty to tinubu nor a part of the country having superiority complex over the other but more of fixing the shiit we are all in. Get it right.

You are absolutely correct. We need to look beyond ALL our differences but rather harness this diversity positively towards nation building. Little nations are getting it right.... Large nations are getting it right.... We have all it takes absolutely.... If we will just be more patriotic and place national advancement before self

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila Dance To Buga Song At A Constituency Meeting In Surulere / Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness / Swiss Govt Holds Talks With Nigeria On Repatriation Of Fresh $321m Abacha Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.