Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,431 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly (11435 Views)

17 Edo Lawmakers Insist On Sitting / 14 Edo Lawmakers, 18 LG Chairmen, 196 Councillors Defect To PDP / Thugs Beat Seidu Oshiomhole, Edo Lawmakers-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by fergie001: 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
14 APC lawmakers from Edo State storm National Assembly to demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Governor Godwin Obaseki.

House of Reps members from the state led by Comrade Peter Akpatason and Prof.Julius Ihonvbere are expected to move a motion asking the National Assembly take over the running of Edo Assembly until a proper inauguration is done.

It would be recalled that 14 of the lawmakers fled the state after thugs allegedly loyal to the state government attacked them in a hotel, beating up four of the elected members including the younger brother of the national chairman of the APC, Mr Seid Oshiomhole.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/breaking-14-edo-lawmakers-storm-nass-demand-fresh-inauguration-of-edo-assembly/

1 Like

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by yemmight(m): 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
This is season II
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by yemmight(m): 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
Who is Villain and who is an Actor?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Racoon(m): 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2019
Obaseki have instituted legislative illegality in the course of carving a political niche for himself but Oshiomole under the APC govt have long set a precedence by relocating the sitting of Edo HOA sitting to government house and by authorizing the infamous DSS NASS brigandage of 2018.

Lets see who blinks first.Whatsoever goes around not only comes around but also stays around.Meanwhile,
“Only people who can afford the pain of rigging should partake in elections”- Comrade Adams Oshiomole.
http://saharareporters.com/2018/09/29/oshiomhole-only-people-who-can-accept-pain-rigging-should-participate-election

5 Likes

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by fergie001: 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
If Obaseki remove the roof of that Assembly complex now and relocate their sitting to Government House, I hope democracy won't be under threat?

The members should return to carry out their primary responsibilities in Benin-City and not in Abuja. Your constituents are hoping you jettison another person's fight and provide laws that will better their lives.

After all this gra gra, you all will still go back or stay suspended. Only PMB can settle their fight but as usual à la Ambode, he will stay aloof and later when it degenerates, the fault will fall on Secondus.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Kendumazy(m): 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
OK
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Brightology2(m): 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
Anytime I see Obaseki vs Oshiomole matter. I go just dey laugh.
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Houseofglam7(f): 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
One day.
One drama
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by NextGovernor(m): 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
Which kind 14. Lol. Last week it was 12/12. So how come it's now 14/10. They both have equal members now. So Obaseki just need to woo only 1 and the rest can go to hell. Lol

4 Likes

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by xbox360: 12:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
Hmmmm Obasekiiiii, Obasekiiiii, Obasekiiiii

How many times I call you?

Just make sure say Edo money no dey your account ohhh

Cos dem go gbege u, and I pray say u survive the gbege

1 Like

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Richdad50(m): 12:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
shocked

Adams Oshiomole and the 14 Gangster Lawmakers. He deserves the humiliation he's receiving from his own people. It is harder and most painful to take insult from home.

Richdad

1 Like

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by airminem(f): 12:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
It also describes the political context and threat perception that informs the strategy presented earlier in Edo
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by mixta140: 12:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
Issoke.
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by SUCKCESSFUL: 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
Las Las When Their Eye Go Clear Dem Go Know Say Na Governor Get State. Make Dem Dey Enjoy Their Small Excursion For NASS First. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Wettoid123: 12:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
When osho baba relocated house of assembly to government house what happened?
What goes around comes around!

1 Like

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Kingosytex(m): 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
I just pray that the war between Obaseki and Oshiomole will not consume edo state

Oshiomole should be demystified, that short man is too crafty and greedy for my liking

4 Likes

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by JimohMomoh: 12:35pm On Jul 09, 2019
When two elephants fights....

When Oshiomole was in Labour Party, a lot of people in Edo State and beyond supported him because of his firm stand against godfatherism in Edo politics.
Chief Toni Anenih who was seen as kingmaker in the state was made irrelevant by Oshiomole when he was Governor.
Oshobaba enjoyed support from the masses even after merging with APC because of his one man one vote mantra.

Dis same Oshiomole that preached against godfatherism and imposition of candidate is now practising what he preached against. He wants to control Obaseki's government from Abuja.
It's a shame

11 Likes

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by DJInfluence: 12:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
Brightology2:
Anytime I see Obaseki vs Oshiomole matter. I go just dey laugh.
The thing tire me. No be this say Oshio dey dance and campaign die for Obaseki in 2015? I remember one of the rally where he lost his voice from singing and shouting. Now dem dey face each other. Politics ehh... So wetin cause their fight? Power i know, but what else?
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Wale1987: 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
PMB should intervain in this matter for the sake of edo people
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Kingosytex(m): 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
SUCKCESSFUL:
A

Let me help u: B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Oya clap for yourself

1 Like

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Lionsbet: 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ok

In other news, Lionsbet comes with amazing features, like 100% welcome deposit bonus up to 100k, cashout, crazy bonus and many others.

Link on my signature, sign up now. Stake responsibly!
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Wale1987: 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2019
DJInfluence:
The thing tire me. No be this say Oshio dey dance and campaign die for Obaseki in 2015? I remember one of the rally where he lost his voice from singing and shouting. Now dem dey face each other. Politics ehh... So wetin cause their fight? Power i know, but what else?
no be only you, politics is a dirty game
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2019
Jobless people. Edo isiagbon, obaseki haters should go and die
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by MechanicalEngr(m): 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2019
DJInfluence:

Omo when Obaseki came into power people knew oshiomole was stealing massively from the government. Though he did well in first tenure, but second tenure was a disaster. You need to see what Obaseki is doing in Edo state. He is the best so far since 1999.

1 Like

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by JubrinElSudan: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2019
fergie001:
If Obaseki remove the roof of that Assembly complex now and relocate their sitting to Government House, I hope democracy won't be under threat?

The members should return to carry out their primary responsibilities in Benin-City and not in Abuja. Your constituents are hoping you jettison another person's fight and provide laws that will better their lives.

After all this gra gra, you all will still go back or stay suspended. Only PMB can settle their fight but as usual à la Ambode, he will stay aloof and later when it degenerates, the fault will fall on Secondus.
lol.... Funny at the emboldened
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by fergie001: 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
lol.... Funny at the emboldened
Baba, I lie?
Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by SUCKCESSFUL: 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2019
Kingosytex:

Let me help u: B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Oya clap for yourself
Oga No Vex Na Small Space I Just Book Like That. You Know Say Na Front Page Things! grin

1 Like

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Brightology2(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
DJInfluence:
my brother the thing self tire me. I strongly believe is power tussle.

See eh let me tell u something, when Obaseki was sworn in as a governor, he saw all the financial atrocities Oshiomole committed especially the billions he borrowed from world Bank few months to the end of his administration. Abi u wan talk about the Edo University Oshiomole built in his home town embarassed embarassed he (Obaseki) was really struggling to survive and revive the Edo state economy and doesn't want to to betray Oshiomole by opening the book of record. The party people wants to share the small one left in the state coffer.

1 Like

Re: 14 Edo lawmakers storm NASS, Demand proper inauguration of Edo Assembly by Kingosytex(m): 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
SUCKCESSFUL:
Oga No Vex Na Small Space I Just Book Like That. You Know Say Na Front Page Things! grin

Na so, to make nairaland front page these days is like engaging in a 100 m race

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Herdsmen Kill Five Persons In Benue Communities / Buhari Lacks Capacity – Peter Obi’s Spokesperson, Kenneth Okonkwo (Video) / Nigerian Workers Expect New Minimum Wage Before March – NLC President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.