Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

I Will Retire From Super Eagles After AFCON – Mikel - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Will Retire From Super Eagles After AFCON – Mikel (337 Views)

The Crowd That Came Out To Welcome Guinea After AFCON Outing / Fans Call For Uzoho Drop From Super Eagles After Poor Display / ‘Go To Court’ - Nigerians Tell Super Eagles After Shocking Loss To Guinea-Bissau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Retire From Super Eagles After AFCON – Mikel by Zenithsblog(f): 4:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
Super Eagles Captain, John Mikel Obi has said he will be leaving the team at the end of the ongoing  Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Egypt.

Speaking to BBC Sport on his returement, the 32-year-old said,
“It’s been an amazing ride for me in the national team,” Mikel told BBC Sport.

“Obviously winning the Nations Cup in South Africa was the high point, that’s why I want to help this young team to hopefully achieve their dreams”

“Thirteen years I think is enough. I’ve won trophies, I’ve had a lot of amazing time. I think it’s time for these young guys to carry on.

“I’m mostly here in Egypt to support the young guys and make sure they’re on the right track.

“I think my presence is always important for them, hopefully, I can finish with the trophy.”

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/i-will-retire-from-super-eagles-after-afcon-mikel/

Cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: I Will Retire From Super Eagles After AFCON – Mikel by dumahi(m): 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
sad Good of him.
Re: I Will Retire From Super Eagles After AFCON – Mikel by Vulcanheph(m): 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2019
We don hear.....next please

(1) (Reply)

Still On The Highlights Nigeria 2 :1 South Africa / Liverpool 1-2 Sevilla - 21st Jul 2019 - Highlights And Goals - Friendly Match / Big Posted On Betloaded.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.