Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Minister Of Education Resigns Over Corruption Verdict - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Minister Of Education Resigns Over Corruption Verdict (589 Views)

Hungarian President Novak Resigns Over Sex Abuse Case Pardon. / UK Sanctions Teodoro Obiang, Equatorial Guinea's VP, 4 Others Over Corruption / Tim Boyd: Texas Mayor Resigns Over Power Failure And Facebook Post (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister Of Education Resigns Over Corruption Verdict by CGMedia: 8:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
Namibia’s Minister of Education Arts and Culture, Mrs Katrina Hanse-Himarwa, has resigned, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV gathered that her resignation followed a guilty verdict delivered by the country's High Court against her.

Shee tendered her letter of resignation on Tuesday.

The High Court on Monday found Mrs Hanse-Himarwa guilty of corruption and corruptly using her office to enrich herself.

She reportedly used her position to unlawfully place some of her relatives on a list of housing beneficiaries under the country’s mass housing initiative.

President of Namibia, Hage Geingob, has since accepted her resignation.

A source in the presidency said she would have been sacked, “in line with the country's stance against corruption”, assuming she hadn't resigned.

“I understand the seriousness of the conviction and I am mindful of the president’s strong views on transparency and accountability,” part of the letter read.

http://igberetvnews.com/826938/breaking-minister-of-education-resigns/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Minister Of Education Resigns Over Corruption Verdict by Nbote(m): 8:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
Definitely not in my country...
Re: Minister Of Education Resigns Over Corruption Verdict by FarahAideed: 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2019
I knew it can never be Nigeria
Re: Minister Of Education Resigns Over Corruption Verdict by GOFRONT(m): 8:41pm On Jul 09, 2019
shocked

I shock!!!

Re: Minister Of Education Resigns Over Corruption Verdict by amosalan(m): 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
I wish this happens in Nairaland
Re: Minister Of Education Resigns Over Corruption Verdict by TIGRITIS: 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
amosalan:
I wish this happens in Nairaland
Nairaland?
Like seu.n, lalasticl.ala or mynd4.4

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Two NATO Members Purchased Russian S300, Why Is Turkey Punished For Buying S400? / Chad President Led The Attack Against Boko Haram (photos) / Coronavirus: Wuhan City In China Reopens After 76 Days Of Lockdown (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.