Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng (25842 Views)

Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng / Cost Of Transport Around Lagos Major Routes For Workers - Cotenant.com.ng / Breath-Taking Aerial View Of Roads In Abuja - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by Legendguru: 12:21am On Jul 10, 2019
hmmm
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by Burgerlomo: 12:22am On Jul 10, 2019
labusinessguide:
SAD

So sad
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by Unrated900(m): 12:40am On Jul 10, 2019
CCTV camera won’t work in Lagos because they remove and sell them all to Ikeja boys

Let’s us just watch and pray for protections everyday everywhere
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by CotenantNIG: 12:45am On Jul 10, 2019
twerkjack:
Mowe to Berger
Op I ply that route everyday for the past 4 years
Mostly by 11-12 pm I’ve never heard of or seen any herdsmen na. undecided
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/07/08/ex-army-general-killed-in-lagos/
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by Danko040: 1:57am On Jul 10, 2019
You must be part of the enemies of this country
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by kayusely70(m): 2:26am On Jul 10, 2019
CotenantNIG:

Lagos state govt should intervene, lagos ought to have cctv cameras everywhere

lalasticlala

for those asking for Berger

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/07/08/ex-army-general-killed-in-lagos/
Cctv camera installed in abuja and lagos were stolen.
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by anonimi: 4:04am On Jul 10, 2019
ghost3040:
With the establishment of RUGA settlements across board, Trust me, bad roads will be extinct.. Let's all support this wonderful initiative by the FG..

I STAND WITH RUGA.!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6335378_fbimg15119521838012183_jpeg41945bc9383961193dd4c878fa25b41d

2 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by anonimi: 4:06am On Jul 10, 2019
kayusely70:
Cctv camera installed in abuja and lagos were stolen.

Because policemen were doing boy boy duties for Ogas instead of gathering intelligence and securing the country

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3160611_sokotofirstlady_jpgf4c56d6dd444933a194581b8a49ba5ee

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by anonimi: 4:10am On Jul 10, 2019
Unrated900:
CCTV camera won’t work in Lagos because they remove and sell them all to Ikeja boys

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4138528_fbimg1471362711749_jpeg32428b294a57b4debde63e3fd7301227

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by kayusely70(m): 4:18am On Jul 10, 2019
anonimi:

Because policemen were doing boy boy duties for Ogas instead of gathering intelligence and securing the country

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3160611_sokotofirstlady_jpgf4c56d6dd444933a194581b8a49ba5ee
We should blame the thieves and the receivers. You cant exonerate the duo while blaming others.
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by anonimi: 4:21am On Jul 10, 2019
kayusely70:
We should blame the thieves and the receivers. You cant exonerate the duo while blaming others.

That was not my intention, boss.
The thieves and receivers are getting a free ride because the policemen are sleeping on the job, literally.

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by Nobody: 4:24am On Jul 10, 2019
twerkjack:
Mowe to Berger

my vehicle broke down on long bridge 8:30pm dec 22 2009. I was alone...it was d day i saw death in d hands of fulani cattle hearders with daggers. God saved me miraculously. I have tears in my eyes as i type now...terrible zone but i didn't know.

2 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by kayusely70(m): 4:25am On Jul 10, 2019
anonimi:

That was not my intention, boss.
The thieves and receivers are getting a free ride because the policemen are sleeping on the job, literally.
The police are understaffed and overworked, they cant cope with the workload.
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by anonimi: 4:28am On Jul 10, 2019
kayusely70:
The police are understaffed and overworked, they cant cope with the workload.

Let them do their core job diligently before saying that they are understaffed.
What has doing boy boy work upandan got to do with policing
Is that how they do it in the other countries?
What interest do you have in excusing bad behaviour?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4269133_41663981jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573_jpegac277a0d7502f8e77b3aa5be5b080eb8

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by anonimi: 4:31am On Jul 10, 2019
anonimi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3964496_img20160713wa0000_jpeg5f8afdd8ac03faaf771f294478b46a06

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by foreshore(m): 4:48am On Jul 10, 2019
REDshouse:
So what should we now do ........cos am not understanding ....

Go and reset your brain, then you would know what to do. Dumby!!!
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by kayusely70(m): 5:05am On Jul 10, 2019
anonimi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4269133_41663981jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573_jpegac277a0d7502f8e77b3aa5be5b080eb8
The insecurity around the country requires all VIP to need police protection.
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by anonimi: 5:09am On Jul 10, 2019
kayusely70:
The insecurity around the country requires all VIP to need police protection.

Who is responsible for creating the insecurity through their looting and stashing our commonwealth abroad like Abacha?
Who if not your VIPs
Let them fix the problem by educating people and creating enabling environment for private investors to build factories, have farms & ranches for plenty jobs.
Do you understand that

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2733734_munch20150812080810_jpeg1d11e13a327d33cec402de71dc2a8eb7

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by kayusely70(m): 5:28am On Jul 10, 2019
anonimi:

Who is responsible for creating the insecurity through their looting and stashing our commonwealth abroad like Abacha?
Who if not your VIPs
Let them fix the problem by educating people and creating enabling environment for private investors to build factories, have farms & ranches for plenty jobs.
Do you understand that

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2733734_munch20150812080810_jpeg1d11e13a327d33cec402de71dc2a8eb7
Most Nigerians want to join politics cos its lucrative, nobody wants to invest in long term ventures
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by anonimi: 5:38am On Jul 10, 2019
kayusely70:
Most Nigerians want to join politics cos its lucrative, nobody wants to invest in long term ventures

So why are you and other Nigerians complaining about insecurity?
Where do you expect to have the money to recruit and pay policemen motivational wages to do their jobs of securing the country such that your VIPs don't need to be guarded like prisoners are guarded by warders?
Do you really know what you are talking about

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:17am On Jul 10, 2019
CotenantNIG:
Most Dangerous Roads in Lagos

With a heavy heart i write this post

Last week we lost a young chap to one chance in one of the most dangerous roads in Lagos, this roads are the places you would see high rate of high way robbers, one chance, Kidnappers and Ritusliast in Lagos and even crazy tanker drivers

It is better to be late to work than to be early in death, a lot of lagosians have been killed because the average lagosian leaves his or her house as early as 4:30am , you dont believe me come out around 400am anywhere in Lagos and you would meet thousands on the road, this is the time most one chnace actors act their film.

I encourage everyone that live early to work to get a shared apartment or stay with a collegue or relation than to put one self in danger, there are thousands of places to get shared apartmemts in Lagos close to your work place

Lagos Population is not a blessing but a curse that is affecting a lot of hardworking people in Lagos, everyone wants to come to lagos thinking money grows on trees and when they come they get dissapointed and discover is not as potrayed in movies, because of shame a lot wont go back home but would pick up a life of crime

I implore the Lagos State Government to please do something about one chance in Lagos, lagos state should please install cctv cameras on all highways in lagos or better still get adequate police to man this roads or high ways

Commuters should make sure to enter buses at the garage and not just any place , as NURTW monitor and know most of this drivers and even conductors
Dont enter danfo bus without the yellow color, dont be in a hurry to enter bus observe by looking before you enter the bus

Lets get started

Isheri-Igando-Iyana Iba

Believe me this is the most dangerous road in south west Nigeria, two people close to me have entered one chance on this road. one was held from 4pm to 4am the next morning.

Ojo-Festac-Agbara

This is due to the fact that this road is connected to iyana iba, most people living in this place we know of 1 million boys that terrorise this location daily

Mowe-Berger

A lot of things happen on this road, if you are not careful in the night, you could be stabbed to death by herdsmen

Oshodi-IlasaMaja-Cele

This is another hot one chance spot, growing up in this place you would see dead bodies on the highway that was in 2004,2005 and so. i believe it is reduced now

Tincan-Ijora

The reason this place is here is because of the menace of tanker drivers, tincan road is messed up so when the drunk tanker drivers are driving on dangerous poth holes they dont care this leads the tanker to tilt and in the process lose balance, most of the tankers are not belted

Ojuelegba

Ojuelegba is in the same category has tincan, you would imagine tanker drivers climbing that bridge without been belted

New Garage-First Gate – Odogunyan Road

i remember a time when a tanker driver was climbing the sloopy road before first bank located at laspotech gate, a woman was driving was at his back and the unimaginable happened, the tanker slooped back and crushed the woman with her car the painful part was the woman was pregnant. make me to ask who do they award lagos roads too

Badagry

Badagry is on the list too

Charly Boy- Gbagada

This is the highway link between lagos mainland and island, if you enter one chance on this highway the chances you would survive is very slim, once they are done with you they would push you on the highway

AJah

Source: https://cotenant.com.ng/2019/07/09/most-dangerous-roads-in-lagos/

Make sure to add yours

Abuja is the most dangerous place, worse than everything you mentioned, cohabiting with buhari sef makes it more dangerous.
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by spiritedtete: 6:18am On Jul 10, 2019
eghuan1:
This guy no even mention Akpongbon-eko bridge or the popular third mainland bridge.

If at night, your car breaks down on 3MB or at Akpongbon, guy just hold your tithe or leave the cat there and find the nearest police van (who may still obtain you sha)

3rd mainland is even abit safer... as at two years ago though.. I dont know if those RRS are still positioned there. My car had broken down twice 1am and 3am.. it was a flat tire and the car was an LR... first thing I did was to take my shirt off.. and switch my accent to abgbero own..

The boys were even the one who helped me that night... remove and go helped me pump the tire.. because my extra was flat too unknown to me.. all I did was sit down... and gave them drink and gist about life with them. Lol after about 1hr plus.. I was done. Settle them and left....

Second time was my 4runner fan belt... I was close to ikoyi bridge and 3am... the RRS on the bridge stop there patrol for me to watch over the car till morning... while I took uber home. The boys came though.. hailing and stuff... just gave them change and left... the police guys were very nice.. they reluctantly collected the thank you money I offered.

So I think with the RRS team on the 3rd mainland bridge things will be a lot safer.. and I think it's high time Lagos install CCTV . Things will be a better.

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by Omoslim26: 6:20am On Jul 10, 2019
Men d way crime rate increased in this country ehn God airpus
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by spiritedtete: 6:26am On Jul 10, 2019
Unrated900:

It will perfectly... there are couple in ajah axis... and they are on a high mast.. how will you climb to go unscrew it.. will the security be sleeping.. and also there is a central area where the recordings goes to... so it will capture your face even if you unscrew it.
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by Dotman2210(m): 6:39am On Jul 10, 2019
Where is Tincan-Mile2 axis of the Apapa-Oshodi expressway
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by tete7000(m): 7:22am On Jul 10, 2019
Because those in government are themselves criminals, finding solution to menace of criminality is becoming a mirage. Citizens now turn to God, the hope of the hopeless man. What a country! To imagine that Lagos state government has not declared a war against one chance menace is appalling.
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by DaddyMorenike: 7:48am On Jul 10, 2019
skukimania:

And you are Daddy Morenike (a female name)undecided
How do you feel saying all these nonsense when you have a daughter too? You must have swam in a pool of that maggots before you had that Morenike. Some useless daddies everywhere.
no hate bro/sis. May you not encounter a dirty man or woman.
FYI, its just a moniker. Don't be fooled.
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by eghuan1(m): 8:11am On Jul 10, 2019
spiritedtete:

3rd mainland is even abit safer... as at two years ago though.. I dont know if those RRS are still positioned there. My car had broken down twice 1am and 3am.. it was a flat tire and the car was an LR... first thing I did was to take my shirt off.. and switch my accent to abgbero own..

The boys were even the one who helped me that night... remove and go helped me pump the tire.. because my extra was flat too unknown to me.. all I did was sit down... and gave them drink and gist about life with them. Lol after about 1hr plus.. I was done. Settle them and left....

Second time was my 4runner fan belt... I was close to ikoyi bridge and 3am... the RRS on the bridge stop there patrol for me to watch over the car till morning... while I took uber home. The boys came though.. hailing and stuff... just gave them change and left... the police guys were very nice.. they reluctantly collected the thank you money I offered.

So I think with the RRS team on the 3rd mainland bridge things will be a lot safer.. and I think it's high time Lagos install CCTV . Things will be a better.

Ah, alaye confirmed.

One guy said his tyre went flat just before adeniji end of 3MB, as he brought out the spare to fix, those boys came out demanding 'land money'. That's how he ended up driving away, without his spare tyre, jack, wheel spanner and caution sign.

He was lucky he had not removed the flat tyre before they came out.

As per the RRS, they just pack their cars on third mainland bridge but they're not there. You can only find then under adeniji bridge and at Iyanoworo bus stop.
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by Niyinficient(m): 8:20am On Jul 10, 2019
Mowe-Berger

A lot of things happen on this road, if you are not careful in the night, you could be stabbed to death by herdsmen

Please give me an instance of recorded, reported or rumored case of killer herdsmen activity along this area....

Cos i ply this route regularly at odd hours daily and i haven’t heard nor witnessed such happening
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by Godyke(m): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2019
twerkjack:
Mowe to Berger

Is there any such thing as 11-12pm in timing?
Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng by tinaisnowonline: 9:26am On Jul 10, 2019
Ijegun and Ijagemo are the worst road in Ikotun area.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver And Passenger Trapped Inside Trailer On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Owerri Bound Airpeace Flight Develops Fault Mid Air / 5 Die As Car Plunges Into Canal In Kogi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.