Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,209 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? (37447 Views)

How To Pray Five Times A Day / It Is Unislamic To Mock The Dead. / Make Dua To Allah For Your Sick Brother. Ask Allah To Cure Him And All Muslims. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by capsogiga(m): 8:56am On Oct 11, 2010
assalam alaykum. i have twin girls.i want a boy badly cos i dont want to have more than 3 children. is it islamically wrong to pray to allah to grant me a male child? someone told me it is wrong as it is only allah that determines the sex of a baby. is this true? pls the sheiks should please assist. ma salam
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2010
Walaikum Salam.

1st ALLAH is capital A and not "a". try to always take note of that.

It is deffinately not a sin.
There areeven prayers in regard of the sex of a child you want (male, female, and even twins).

I can't give you the prayers right here in the open forum, i will look for a more appropraite avenue to pass it across to you.

Also, join our group / and friend on facebook- Naija Muslims to network with other knowledgable muslims.

Masalam.
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by georgee(m): 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2010
Different strokes for different folks undecided
Been praying to GOD dat all i want are just 2 lovely girls. i dnt want any boy. undecided undecided
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by rodgers: 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2010
It is not un-Islamic and it can never be. If you read the Quran in Surah Al-Imran (Q3v35-37)

35. (Remember) when the wife of 'Imran said: "O my Lord! I have vowed to You what (the child that) is in my womb to be dedicated for Your services (free from all worldly work; to serve Your Place of worship), so accept this, from me. Verily, You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knowing."

36. Then when she delivered her [child Maryam (Mary)], she said: "O my Lord! I have delivered a female child," - and Allah knew better what she delivered, - "And the male is not like the female, and I have named her Maryam (Mary), and I seek refuge with You (Allah) for her and for her offspring from Shaitan (Satan), the outcast."

37. So her Lord (Allah) accepted her with goodly acceptance. He made her grow in a good manner and put her under the care of Zakariya (Zachariya). Every time he entered Al-Mihrab to (visit) her , he found her supplied with sustenance. He said: "O Maryam (Mary)! From where have you got this?" She said, "This is from Allah." Verily, Allah provides sustenance to whom He wills, without limit."

The wife of Imran actually prayed to have a male child even though Allah decreed otherwise. We can deduce from here that it is not wrong to have a preference, but we should also reign to Allah about the final outcome.
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by muhsin(m): 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2010
Wa'alaikum-as-Salam,

I'm impressed at how brothers and sisters of the forum already answered your question, Sis. And they, as far I know, have answered the question at hand justly and correctly. May Allah, the Exalted, bless them and increase in their knowledge of Islam, ameen.

That beside, I think providing one fatwaa would shed more light on the matter. I find it (the fatwaa) very informative.

[center]I have three daughters and I praise Allaah for His blessing, but I wish that Allaah would bless me with a son. Can I pray to Allaah to bless me with this son?.[/center]

Praise be to Allaah.

Yes, it is permissible for you to ask Allaah to bless you with a righteous son. The Prophet of Allaah Sulaymaan (peace be upon him) wished for that. It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Sulaymaan ibn Dawood said: Tonight I shall go around to ninety wives and each woman will become pregnant with a knight who will strive for the sake of Allaah.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3424) and Muslim (1654). But he wished for these boys so that they would strive for the sake of Allaah and support the religion of Allaah, not just so that he could enjoy having sons.

And Zakariya (peace be upon him) prayed to his Lord and said:

“O My Lord! Leave me not single (childless), though You are the Best of the inheritors” [Maryam 19:89]

And Allaah says that among the prayers of the slaves of the Most Merciful are the words (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who say: Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders of the Muttaqoon (the pious)” [al-Furqaan 25:74]

We say “a righteous son” because a son may be a blessing for his family or he may be a curse, so we ask Allaah to bless you with a righteous son who will bring you joy.

It should be noted that Allaah gives both male and female children, to whomsoever He will, by His wisdom and knowledge. The believer can only accept and submit to the will of Allaah, and rejoice in His blessing. Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“To Allaah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. He creates what He wills. He bestows female (offspring) upon whom He wills, and bestows male (offspring) upon whom He wills.

50. Or He bestows both males and females, and He renders barren whom He wills” [al-Shoora 42:49-50]

Having daughters is a blessing of which many people are unaware, because they are easy to raise, and because of the great reward that a person may gain through them, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever takes care of two girls until they reach puberty, he and I will come like this on the Day of Resurrection” – and he held his two fingers together. Narrated by Muslim (2631). According to al-Tirmidhi: “Whoever takes care of two girls, he and I will enter Paradise like this” and he pointed with his two fingers. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

May Allaah help us all to do that which He loves and which pleases Him.

And Allaah knows best.
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by btlasisi(m): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2010
Wa'alaikum-as-Salam,

What a world? I am still praying to Allah to grant me an offspring be it boy or girl i don't mind. Assist me in your prayers brothers and sisters.

May Allah grant us our heart desires Ameen.
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by thiscounts(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2010
May Allah answer your prayer my brother.And do not let the thirst for your desire drag you out of your prayer mat.With just your rosary and two rakats Allah would answer your prayer and when it happens again to be a female child glorify Allah and be grateful because he has given you what is best for you and the reason is best known to him of which is for your own good.

That is the beauty of Islam being contented with what Allah has provided us with in His hand lies all affairs.He has knowledge of everything we do not know, and He would never be unjust to his servants.
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by HAH: 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2010
@btlasisi may Allah answer your prayers. and also the prayers of the entire ummah.
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2010
LET ME ALSO RECOMMEND THAT YOU MAY WISH TO PERFORM HAJJ WITH A VIEW TO PRAYING MORE TO ALLAH IN RESPECT OF YOUR NEED.

I RECOMMENDED THIS TO A FRIEND WHO SUFFERED A NUMBER OF PRE-MATURE BIRTHS AND HE PERFORMED HAJJ WITH HIS WIFE AND THE NEXT PREGNANCY AFTER THEY RETURNED WAS DELIVERED SAFELY.

ALSO IN MY OWN CASE, I HAD THREE GIRLS AND AT THAT TIME MY MUM WAS ALREADY COMPLAINING, SO IN 2007, I WENT FOR HAJJ & ONE OF MY MAJOR PRAYER POINTS WAS THAT ALLAH SHOULD GIVE ME TWINS (2 BOYS) AN WHEN I RETURNED, WE HAVE A BOUNCING BABY BOY. WE NAMED HIM HASSAN JUST THIS YEAR I HAVE ANOTHER BOY, HUSSEIN.

ALTHOUGH I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT ALLAH CAN ANSWER OUR PRAYERS ANYWHERE WE ARE.
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by mendax: 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2010
@poster,

Salam

1. Not wanting to have more than 3 children? so what happens if you dont have a male child on the next attempt? smiley

2. Seriously though, i dont think you need to go for Hajj specially to make a du'a. But generally there are periods and places where the expectation of answering prayers by Allah SWT is high. with regards Hajj, the sacredness of the Arafat ground and time of standing of Arafat is a place and time in which prayers are accpted. However, the rasul SAW has also given other places and times. Your ability to maximise such opportunities could greatly enhance your chances. Eg. third part of the night, OR when u are in sujood OR the night of friday OR when u are travelling OR between Adhan & Iqamah. Also, if your parents are alive, the prayers of the parent to a child is accepted. In addition, there are regulations guiding du'a, so learn them and try to implement.

3. Most importantly, the Rasul SAW said that the prayers of a muslim are AlWAYS ANSWERED. so because u dont get a baby boy in the next attempt OR anyother attempt doesnt mean ur prayers werent answered. prayers are answered in 3 ways. Either u ar given what u asked for, OR it is replaced for u with something better (or used to prevent certain evil befalling upon you) OR you see the reward on the day of judgement. so do not despair and be patient with Allah's judgement.

1 Like

Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by jude33084(m): 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2010
men! I am begining to have interest in this religion. The guys here r so calm unlike d ones in my street.
May ALLAH grant u guys more knowledge and wisdom to answer more questions to come. cool
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by rodgers: 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2010
As Muslims, we have ample of opportunities to make supplication. Here are some of the times when your supplication is more likely to be accepted by Allah (SWT) as mentioned by Prophet (SAW). Please note that not getting what you supplicated for does not means your supplication is not accepted. Allah might use it to protect you from some evils and he might delay the reward for you till the day of resurrection.

1. The Last Third Of The Night
Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: 'In the last third of every night our Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) (Allah (SWT)) descends to the lowermost heaven and says; "Who is calling Me, so that I may answer him? Who is asking Me so that may I grant him? Who is seeking forgiveness from Me so that I may forgive him?."' [Sahih al-Bukhari, Hadith Qudsi]

Amr ibn Absah narrated that the Prophet said: 'The closest any worshipper can be to His Lord is during the last part of the night, so if you can be amongst those who remember Allah at that time, then do so.'[at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa'i, al-Hakim - Sahih]

2. Late at night
When people are sleeping and busy with worldly pleasures Allah (SWT) gives the believers an opportunity, or an answer hour if they can fight sleep and invoke Allah (SWT) for whatever they need. The Prophet (SAW) said: 'There is at night an hour, no Muslim happens to be asking Allah any matter of this world or the Hereafter, except that he will be given it, and this (occurs) every night.'
[Muslim #757]

3. Between Adhan and Iqamah
Anas (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: 'A supplication made between the Adhan and Iqama is not rejected.'
[Ahmad, abu Dawud #521, at-Tirmidhi #212, Sahih al-Jami #3408, an-Nasai and Ibn Hibban graded it sahih (sound)]

4. An Hour On Friday
Narrated Abu Hurairah (RA): Allah’s Messenger (SAW) talked about Friday and said: 'There is an hour on Friday and if a Muslim gets it while offering Salat (prayer) and asks something from Allah (SWT), then Allah (SWT) will definitely meet his demand.' And he (the Prophet (SAW) pointed out the shortness of that particular time with his hands.[Sahih al-Bukhari]

Some have said that this hour is from the time the Imam (prayer’s leader) enters the mosque on Friday’s prayer until the prayer is over (ie between the two khutbahs), whereas others have said that it is the last hour of the day (ie after the Asr prayer until the Maghrib prayer).

5. While Drinking Zamzam Water
Jaber (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: 'Zamzam water is for what it is drunk for.' [Ahmad 3: 357 and Ibn Majah #3062]. This means that when you drink Zamzam water you may ask Allah (SWT) for anything you like to gain or benefit from this water such as healing from illness, etc.

6. While Prostrating
Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW), said: 'The nearest a slave can be to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so invoke (supplicate) Allah (SWT) much in it. [Muslim, abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i and others, Sahih al-Jami #1175]

When a Muslim is in his Salat (prayer) he is facing Allah (SWT) and when he prostrates he is the nearest he can be to Allah (SWT) so it is best to invoke Allah (SWT) at this time. It is said that while in prostration, one should not ask for worldy needs (ie a nice car, a new job, etc), but for the Hereafter.

7. When Waking Up at Night
Narrated Ubada Bin As-Samit that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: 'Whomever wakes up at night and says La ilaha illallahu wahdahu la shrika lahu lahulmulku, wa lahul hamdu, wa huwa ala kulli shai'in qadir. Alhamdu lillahi, wa subhanallahi wa la ilaha illallahu, wallah akbir, wa la hawla wala quwata illa billah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah (SWT) He is the only one who has no partners. His is the kingdom and all the praises are for Allah (SWT) All the glories are for Allah (SWT) And none has the right to be worshipped but Allah (SWT) and Allah (SWT) is the most Great and there is neither might nor power except with Allah (SWT) and then says, Allahumma ighfir li (O Allah! Forgive me) or invokes Allah (SWT), he will be responded to and if he makes ablution and performs Salat (prayer), his Salat (prayer) will be accepted. [Sahih al-Bukhari]

8. At The End Of The Obligatory Salat:
Narrated Abu Omamah (RA): that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) was asked, O Messenger of Allah, which supplication is heard (by Allah (SWT), he said the end of the night and at the end of the obligatory Salat (prayer) [at-Tirmidhi]. This time is after saying 'At-tahyat' , and before making Tasleem (finishing prayer)

9. The Night Of 'Qadr' (Decree)
This night is the greatest night of the year. This is the night which the almighty Allah (SWT) said about it, "The night of Al-Qadar (Decree) is better than a thousand months." [Surah al-Qadr, 97: 3]

The Night of Decree is one of the odd nights of the last ten nights of the blessed month of Ramadan. The angels descend down to the earth, and the earth is overwhelmed with peace and serenity until the break of dawn and when he doors of Paradise are opened, the worshipper is encouraged to turn to Allah to ask for his needs for this world and the Hereafter.

10. During The Rain
Narrated Sahel Ibn Sa'ad (RA): that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: 'Two will not be rejected, Supplication when the Adhan (call of prayer) is being called, and at the time of the rain'. [Al-Hakim 2: 114, and Abu Dawud #2540, ibn Majah]

'Seek the response to your du'as when the armies meet, and the prayer is called, and when rain falls' [reported by Imam al-Shafi' in al-Umm, al-Sahihah #1469]. The time of the rain is a time of mercy from Allah (SWT) so, one should take advantage of this time when Allah (SWT) is having mercy on His slaves.

11. At the Adhan
'Seek the response to your du'as when the armies meet, and the prayer is called, and when rain falls' [reported by Imam al-Shafi' in al-Umm, al-Sahihah #1469]

In another hadith; 'When the prayer is called, the doors of the skies are opened, and the du'a is answered' [al-Tayalisi in his Musnad #2106, al-Sahihah #1413]

12. The One Who Is Suffering Injustice and Opression
The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said to Mua'ad Ibn Jabal (RA), 'Beware of the supplication of the unjustly treated, because there is no shelter or veil between it (the supplication of the one who is suffering injustice) and Allah (SWT)' [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

The prophet (SAW) declared, 'Three men whose dua is never rejected (by Allah) are: the fasting person until he breaks his fast (in another narration, when he breaks fast), the just ruler and the one who is oppressed.'[Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi - Hasan]

In another hadith; The Prophet (SAW) declared: 'Three du'as are surely answered: The du'a of the oppressed, the du'a of the traveler, and the du'a of the father/mother (upon their child)'. The One who is suffering injustice is heard by Allah (SWT) when he invokes Allah (SWT) to retain his rights from the unjust one or oppressor. Allah (SWT) has sworn to help the one who is suffering from injustice sooner or later as the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said.

13. The Traveler
The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said; Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah (SWT)), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler. [al-Bayhaqi, at-Tirmidhi - Sahih]

During travel supplication is heard by Allah (SWT) if the trip is for a good reason, but if the trip is for a bad intention or to perform illegal things (making sins) this will not apply to it.

14. The Parent's Supplication for their Child
The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said; Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah (SWT)), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler. [al-Bayhaqi, at-Tirmidhi - Sahih]

15. Dua after praising Allah and giving salat on the Prophet (SAW) in the tashahhud at the end of salat.
Narrated Faddalah ibn Ubayd (RA): that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: 'When anyone of you makes du'a, let him start by glorifying his Lord and praising Him, then let him send blessings upon the Prophet (SAW), then let him pray for whatever he wants'
[abu Dawud #1481, at-Tirmidhi #3477]

In another hadith; Baqiy ibn Mukhallid (RA) narrated that that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: 'Every du'a is not responded to until one sends blessings upon the Prophet (SAW)' [al-Bayhaqi]

In another hadith; Umar (RA) narrated that the Prophet (SAW) said: 'Du'a is detained between the heavens and the earth and no part of it is taken up until you send blessings upon your Prophet (SAW)' [at-Tirmidhi #486]

After a person has finished his tashahhud and before saying the 'salam', supplication at this time is one likely to be responded to.
Ibn Mas'ud narrates: I was once praying, and the Prophet (SAW), Abu Bakr and Umar (were all present). When I sat down (in the final tashahhud), I praised Allah, then sent salams on the Prophet, then started praying for myself. At this, the Prophet (SAW) said:
'Ask, and you shall be given it! Ask, and you shall be given it!' [at-Tirmidhi #593 - hasan, Mishkat al-Misbah #931]

16. The dua of a Muslim for his absent brother or sister Muslim stemming from the heart.
The prophet (SAW) said: 'There is no believing servant who supplicates for his brother in his absence where the angels do not say, 'the same be for you'' [Muslim]

17. Dua on the Day of Arafat
The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: 'The best supplication is the supplication on the day of Arafat'. [at-Tirmidhi and Malik]

The day of Arafat is the essence and pinnacle of Hajj. On this great and momentous day, millions of worshippers gather together on one plain, from every corner of the world, with only one purpose in mind - to respone to the call of their Creator. During this auspicious day, Allah does not refuse the requests of His worshippers.

18. Dua during the month of Ramadan

Ramadan is month full of many blessings, thus the du'a of Ramadan is a blessed one. This can be inferred from the Prophet (SAW) saying: 'When Ramadan comes, the Doors of Mercy (another narration says Paradise) are opened, and the doors of Hell are closed, and the Shaitans are locked up' Thus, it is clear that du'a during Ramadan has a greater chance of being accepted, as the Gates of Paradise and Mercy are opened. [Sahih al-Bukhari #1899, Muslim #1079 and others]

19. Dua when the Armies meet
When the Muslim is facing the enemy in battle, at this critical period, the du'a of a worshipper is accepted.

Sahl ibn Sa'd (RA) narrtaed the the Prophet (SAW) said: 'Two duas are never rejected, or rarely rejected: the du'a during the call for prayer, and the du'a during the clamity when the two armies attack each other' [Abu Dawud #2540, ibn Majah, al-Hakim]

20. When Muslims gather for the purpose of invoking and remembering Allah (Dhikrullah).

The Prophet (SAW) said: If a group of people sit together remembering Allah, the angels will circle them, mercy will shroud them, peace will descend onto them and Allah will remember them among those with Him. [Muslim]

21. First Ten days of Dhul-Hijjah
The Prophet (SAW) said: 'There are no days during which good deeds are more beloved to Allah than during these ten days'
[Sahih al-Bukhai #969 and others]

22. Dua when the heart reaches out to Allah and is ready to be totally sincere

23. At Midnight

Abu Umamah (RA) said, the Prophet (SAW) was questioned; 'Which du'a is heard (by Allah)?' He answered, 'At midnight and at the end of every obligatory prayer.' [at-Tirmidhi - Hasan]

24. Dua of people after the death of a person

In a long hadith, Umm Salamah (RA) narrated that the Prophet (SAW) said, when Abu Salamah had just passed away, and had closed his eyes, 'Do not ask for yourselves anything but good, for the angels will say 'Ameen' to all that you ask for. O Allah, forgive Abu Salamah, and raise his ranks among those who are guided.' [Muslim, abu Dawud, Ahmad]

25. Dua of the one fasting until he breaks his fast.

26. Dua of the one fasting at the time of breaking fast

The prophet (SAW) declared, 'Three men whose dua is never rejected (by Allah) are: when a fasting person breaks fast (in another narration, the fasting person until he breaks his fast), the just ruler and the one who is oppressed.'[Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi - Hasan]

27. Dua of a just Ruler

The prophet (SAW) declared, 'Three men whose dua is never rejected (by Allah) are: the fasting person until he breaks his fast (in another narration, when he breaks fast), the just ruler and the one who is oppressed.'[Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi - Hasan]

28. Dua of a son or daughter obedient to his or her parents

It is well known in the story narrated in hadith os three men who were trapped by a huge stone in a cave. One of them who was kind to kis parents asked Allah to remove the stone, and his du'a was answered. [Sahih al-Bukhari 3:36 #472]

29. Dua immediately after wudu

Umar ibn Al-Khattab reported that the Prophet (SAW) said: 'There is not one of you that makes wudu, and does it perfectly, then says: I testify that there is no diety worthy of worship except Allah. he is Alone, having no partners. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and messenger', except that the eight gates of Paradise are opened for him, and he can enter into it through whichever one he pleases' [Muslim #234, abu Dawud #162, Ahmad, an-Nasa'i] Saying what has been mentioned in the hadith that is directly related to it (ablution)

30. Dua after stoning the Jamarat at Hajj

The stoning of the small Shaitan (jamrat sugra), or the middle Shaitan (jamrat wusta) pillars during Hajj. It is narrated that the Prophet (SAW) would stone the small Jamarah (one of the three pillars that is stoned in the last days of Hajj), then face the qiblah, raise his hands, and make du'a for a long time. He would then stone the middle Jamarah and do the same. When he stoned the large Jamarah, he would depart without making any du'a. [Sahih al-Bukhari #1753 and others]

31. At the Crowing of a Rooster

Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that the Prophet (SAW) said: 'When you hear a rooster crowing, then ask Allah for His bounties, for it has seen an angel, and when you hear a donkey braying, then seek refuge in Allah from Shaitan, for it has seen a Shaitan' [Sahih al-Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad, Sahih al-Jami #611]

32. Du'a made inside the Ka'bah
The Ka'bah is a sanctuary that has no comparison in the entire world. The du'a of one who prays inside the hijr is considered as being made inside the ka'bah, as it is part of the house (Baitullah). [This is the semicircle to the right of the Ka'bah if you face the door, opposite to the Yemeni corner and the Black stone wall.]

Usamah ibn Zayd narrated, 'When the Prophet (SAW) entered the House (Ka'bah), he made du'a in all of its corners [Muslim 2: 968 and others]

33. Du'a on the mount of Safa or Marwah during Umrah or Hajj

It is narrated that the Prophet (SAW) would make long du'as at Safa and Marwah. [Muslim #1218 and others]

34. Dua at any of the holy sites.

35. While reciting Surah al-Fatihah

The Prophet (SAW) said that Allah the Exalted had said: ' I have divided the prayer into two halves between Me and My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks for. When the servant says: Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the universe, Allah the Most High says: My servant has praised Me. And when he (the servant) says: The Most Compassionate, the Merciful, Allah the Most High says: My servant has lauded Me. When he (the servant) says: Master of the Day of Judgment, He remarks: My servant has glorified Me, and sometimes He will say: My servant entrusted (his affairs) to Me. When he (the worshipper) says: Thee do we worship and of Thee do we ask help, He (Allah) says: This is between Me and My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks for. Then, when he (the worshipper) says: Guide us to the straight path, the path of those to whom Thou hast been Gracious -- not of those who have incurred Thy displeasure, nor of those who have gone astray, He (Allah) says: This is for My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks for. [Muslim 4: 395]

36. Saying 'Ameen' during prayer

After finishing the recitation of al-Fatihah, the saying of'Ameen' in congregation. The Prophet (SAW) said: 'When the Imam says 'Ameen', then recite it behind him (as well), because whoever's Ameen coincides with the Ameen of the angels will have all of his sins forgiven.' [Sahih al-Bukhari #780, Muslim #410 and others]

37. While visiting the sick, and dua made by the sick

Umm Salamah narrated that the Prophet (SAW) said: 'When you visit the sick, or the dead then say good, because the angels say 'Ameen' to whatever you say [Muslim #2126]

Ali (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said: 'When a Muslim visits his sick Muslim brother in the morning, seventy thousand angels make dua for his forgiveness till the evening. And when he visits him in the evening, seventy thousand angels make dua for his forgiveness till the morning, and he will be granted a garden for it in Jannah.'
[at-Tirmidhi, abu Dawud]
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by usbcable(m): 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2010
btlasisi:

Wa'alaikum-as-Salam,

What a world? I am still praying to Allah to grant me an offspring be it boy or girl i don't mind. Assist me in your prayers brothers and sisters.

May Allah grant us our heart desires Ameen.

May Allah (S.W.T) accept and grant your dua earnestly.Amin.
Would suggest you get a copy of Fiqh-us-sunnah (the vol. On supplication), you would find alot of info on different dua,time,requirements and so on.
I would post the link later(am using my phone now).
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by zayhal(f): 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2010
@ALL

Though I'm not the questioner, your answers have been very informative. Jazakumullah khayran
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by dinggle: 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2010
Na wetin person go come ask Allah for? abi na money?
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by surveycash(m): 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2010
Assalama Alaikum Jama'atul Musulmin,

I once heard in one of Sheik Jaffar's sermons that during coitus, the sex of a baby is determined by the 1st of the two parties to reach climax. You can also read more about determining the sex of a baby I read sometime here;
http://www.pregnancy-calendars.net/determine_sex.aspx

Massallam
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by cuteonyii(m): 2:00am On Oct 12, 2010
DID ANY OF YOU STUDIED BIOLOGY AND KNOW HOW MALE OR FEMALE CHILD COMES ABOUT
NO OFFENSE PLS!!
GOD HAS NO BUSINESS WITH WHAT GENDER WE BRING TO EARTH. HIS DIVINE POWER HAS GIVEN US EVERY THING WE NEED FOR LIFE,
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 12, 2010
jude33084:

men! I am begining to have interest in this religion. The guys here r so calm unlike d ones in my street.
May ALLAH grant u guys more knowledge and wisdom to answer more questions to come. cool

Islam is the religion of peace and the fountain of happiness and contentment.

A closer study or understanding of this religion will let you know there is absolutely nothing to worry about 'cus ALLAH has made a way out of every single problem/issue in life be it ; Family, social, economy, spiritual and even psychological. A good understanding of the Holy Quran and Hadith and Sunnah will testify to this.

If you are truly instrested in Islam and want to know more about it, i am willing to send a copy of the Holy Quran, the Hadith and aPrayer book to you. (ABSOLUTELY FREE OF CHARGE). ONES YOU GENUINELY AND SINCERELY HAVE THE GOOD INTENTION.
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by Nobody: 4:28am On Oct 12, 2010
cuteonyii:

DID ANY OF YOU STUDIED BIOLOGY AND KNOW HOW MALE OR FEMALE CHILD COMES ABOUT
NO OFFENSE PLS!!
GOD HAS NO BUSINESS WITH WHAT GENDER WE BRING TO EARTH. HIS DIVINE POWER HAS GIVEN US EVERY THING WE NEED FOR LIFE,

ALLAH created the world. and this is to say ISLAM has been in existence millions of years before the existence of science.

The rivers, mountains, clouds, lakes, semen, embryo, yissue, bones and the whole lot of them were all discribed in the Holy Quran (this is to show that ALLAH has ordained and prescribed for the understanding to man) even before man was created.

God has every business in determing the sex of a child.

If only you were a muslim i would have suggested some verses of the Holy Quran to back the above claim.
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by capsogiga(m): 8:58am On Oct 12, 2010
THANKS ALL. JAZAKALAH KHAIRAN. I AM VERY GRATEFUL.
talknafree:

Walaikum Salam.

1st ALLAH is capital A and not "a". try to always take note of that.

It is deffinately not a sin.
There areeven prayers in regard of the sex of a child you want (male, female, and even twins).

I can't give you the prayers right here in the open forum, i will look for a more appropraite avenue to pass it across to you.

Also, join our group / and friend on facebook- Naija Muslims to network with other knowledgable muslims.

Masalam.
I ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPITAL BUT IT COMES IN THE LOWER CASE ON THE BOARD. PLS WHAT DO I DO?
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by tunfeek: 9:10am On Oct 12, 2010
jazakunmlai khairan to all d respondents
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by Hadone(m): 11:07am On Oct 12, 2010
[size=18pt]Waalaikum Salam,
Thanks 4 d positive responses. But i would like to advice all the muslim brothers to always pray 4 the best and God's alternative. A male child is not always the best, female alike contribute adequately in socio-economic development of every society. Islam encourages protection of female gender and discourages violation of their rights. I prayed for having a decent girl as my first child, and Allah has blessed me with one. She is exactly one year today. I wish her happy birthday and Allah's guidance. [/size]

Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by mukina2: 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2010
^
Happy birthday to her, smiley and may Allah guide ,guard and protect everyday. May she grow up to be a good Muslim girl and what you wish for her. Amin
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by maipeople(m): 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2010
For that fellow that complain about always having your post in lower case, I think you are using opera, if that is so then go to the settings and unselect the mobile view.
Ma assalam
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by madprof(m): 4:39am On Oct 13, 2010
capsogiga:

assalam alaykum. i have twin girls.i want a boy badly cos i dont want to have more than 3 children. is it islamically wrong to pray to allah to grant me a male child? someone told me it is wrong as it is only allah that determines the sex of a baby. is this true? pls the sheiks should please assist. ma salam

And na for Nairaland you dey ask dis kain question? You no get imam for ya area? Guy, collect di one God give you and train dem well. If you begin find dis boy hot hot you fit end up wit battalion of girls for ya house. grin
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by Hadone(m): 11:15am On Oct 13, 2010
mukina2:

^
Happy birthday to her, smiley and may Allah guide ,guard and protect everyday. May she grow up to be a good Muslim girl and what you wish for her. Amin
[size=18pt]Thank u mukina2. I really appreciate ur prayer. Thank u once again.[/size]
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by cuteonyii(m): 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2010
talknafree:

Islam is the religion of peace and the fountain of happiness and contentment.

A closer study or understanding of this religion will let you know there is absolutely nothing to worry about 'cus ALLAH has made a way out of every single problem/issue in life be it ; Family, social, economy, spiritual and even psychological. A good understanding of the Holy Quran and Hadith and Sunnah will testify to this.

If you are truly instrested in Islam and want to know more about it, i am willing to send a copy of the Holy Quran, the Hadith and aPrayer book to you. (ABSOLUTELY FREE OF CHARGE). ONES YOU GENUINELY AND SINCERELY HAVE THE GOOD INTENTION.

Go ahead and give me the verses let me read.
talknafree:

ALLAH created the world. and this is to say ISLAM has been in existence millions of years before the existence of science.

The rivers, mountains, clouds, lakes, semen, embryo, yissue, bones and the whole lot of them were all discribed in the Holy Quran (this is to show that ALLAH has ordained and prescribed for the understanding to man) even before man was created.

God has every business in determing the sex of a child.

If only you were a muslim i would have suggested some verses of the Holy Quran to back the above claim.

Yeah go ahead and give me the verses let me go through it and see where Alla said i have control over the sex of your unborn child.
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by asaajuomo1(m): 7:39am On Oct 15, 2010
Either Male or Female, May Allah make them CHILDREN that would add to our HAPPINESS and RELIGION.
Re: Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? by stranger26(f): 3:28am On Nov 23, 2010
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,
my dear OP, I do wonder why you want a male child so much. In any case it is not the gender of the child that matters but the barakah from the child.

Far be it from me to accuse you of gender-bias but I want to expand on the issue because it is something common in Nigeria and other readers may benefit as well.
Islam came and removed the favouritism of male children over females. Allah rebukes the attitude of the people who dislike daughters in the Qur'an :
"And when the news of (the birth of) a female (child) is brought to any of them, his face becomes dark, and he is filled with inward grief! He hides himself from the people because of the evil of that whereof he has been informed. Shall he keep her with dishonor or bury her in the earth? Certainly, evil is their decision." (An-Nahl 16:58-59)

And indeed the female child is a blessing. The Prophet (SAW) said: "Whoever takes care of two girls until they reach adulthood - he and I will come (together) on the Day of Resurrection - and he interlaced his fingers (meaning in Paradise)." (Reported by Muslim)

He (SAW) also said: "Whoever has three daughters or sisters, or two daughters of two sisters, and lives along with them in a good manner, and has patience with them, and fears Allah with regard to them will enter Paradise." (Reported by Abu Dawud, Al-Tirmidhee and others)

And in another Hadith: "They will be a shield for him from the Fire." (Reported by Ahmad and Ibn Maajah)

Here is a snippet from an article on the topic:

So the position of daughters in Islam is very clear and the encouragement that it gives for them, and also the hatred it has for those who hate them or are grieved at their births! We know from this that hatred in some souls toward something - if found - is not a true judgement upon that thing and this is explained in the Qurân, as Allah(swt) says:

"…If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allah brings through it a great deal of good." (An-Nisa’ 4:19)

So how many righteous women have brought happiness and well-being upon their families and their Ummah!? And how many corrupt young men have brought every form of misfortune and trial upon this Ummah!?

Therefore, it is upon the parents who have intellect to accept whatever Allah’s(swt) gift is with full joy and happiness, whether the gift is male or a female. Since its being a male or being a female is due only to Allah’s(swt) order alone - He, the One free from all imperfections - and Most High says:

"To Allah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. He creates what He wills. He bestows female (offspring) upon whom He wills, and bestows male (offspring) upon whom He wills. Or He bestows both males and females, and He renders barren who He wills. Verily, He is the All-Knower and is Able to do all things." (Ash-Shura 42:49-50)

May Allah grant you what will make you happy in this world and the next and bless you from every angle.

Wa salam.

(1) (Reply)

Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts / Muslims Burn Pampers Diapers In India Over Cartoon, Accuses Pampers Of Blasphemy / How To Stop Masturbation (secret Sin)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.