Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat (1945 Views)

How Can I Take Care Of This Turtle / See My Monitor Lizards, It Was Very Small Now It's Getting Bigger (photos) / Cat Refuses To Leave The Grave Site Of Its Owner In Malaysia (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by sexyedjutto: 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
Good day guys, I just acquired a very small cat, it can barely even walk, how do I maintain it please.... I just got it this evening, like 30 minutes ago, some small boys were playing with it in my street so I bought it from them... I live in portharcourt, mile 2, I need all the advice I can get to ensure it's very comfortable cause I'm a lover of pets and this is my first pet... Location of any vet would be appreciated also... What should I feed it, I have almost zero ideas

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by Mckandre(m): 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
Feed milk for a month (thats if it doesnt start rejecting after some weeks) every food given must be mashed ,try chewing them first and spit out on a plate,do this for a month or so till it get strong. Always clear all leftovers from the feeding plate and feed thrice daily, To make it happy, feed fish without bones.
create a small flat plate for water for hydration (very important)keep it around the corner so that whenever it gets tasty it can always go there.
create a sandbox around a corner either with pan or old plastic tray nd fill with sand for excrement. (Cats poo are highly pungent)
Try intiating play tactics with it either with a tiny rope or by making weird movements with ur hand beneath a cloth so that the hunting instincts can kick in.

And finally, find out the sex of ur kitten,i dont like using IT to refer to animals. angry grin

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by Logobenzz: 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
Vet for pussy weh no pass 1500 undecided are you mad?
What happened to buying another one when it dies? undecided
Loool
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by sexyedjutto: 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2019
Thanks man, which type of milk please, powder or tin milk
Mckandre:
Feed milk for a month (thats if it doesnt start rejecting after some weeks) every food given must be mashed ,try chewing them first and spit out on a plate,do this for a month or so till it get strong. Always clear all leftovers from the feeding plate and feed thrice daily, To make it happy, feed fish without bones.
create a small flat plate for water for hydration (very important)keep it around the corner so that whenever it gets tasty it can always go there.
create a sandbox around a corner either with pan or old plastic tray nd fill with sand for excrement. (Cats poo are highly pungent)
Try intiating play tactics with it either with a tiny rope or by making weird movements with ur hand beneath a cloth so that the hunting instincts can kick in.

And finally, find out the sex of ur kitten,i dont like using IT to refer to animals. angry grin
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by sexyedjutto: 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2019
Jesus, that's savage, I prefer keeping this one alive though
Logobenzz:
Vet for pussy weh no pass 1500 undecided are you mad?
What happened to buying another one when it dies? undecided
Loool
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by Mckandre(m): 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
sexyedjutto:
Thanks man, which type of milk please, powder or tin milk
i use powder but dont make it too concentrated.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by michealdeco: 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2019
sexyedjutto:
Jesus, that's savage, I prefer keeping this one alive though
he's just trying to be funny

Keep the cat safe and raise it well you'll enjoy its company
Cats are intelligent

Resembles my grandma cat, she can hear and carryout basic command and nobody trained her intensively on that
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by LadyAkato(f): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
Mckandre:

You should use goats milk as puppies and kittens do not digest cow milk very well
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by sexyedjutto: 10:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
Mckandre:
I gave it powder milk mixed with very little water, the cat drank only one spoon... It's does not want to eat any other thing... Why Na, I think she's sleeping now but I feel she's still hungry, it's there no food a baby cat will rush to eat
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by Logobenzz: 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2019
sexyedjutto:
I gave it powder milk mixed with very little water, the cat drank only one spoon... It's does not want to eat any other thing... Why Na, I think she's sleeping now but I feel she's still hungry, it's there no food a baby cat will rush to eat
try sardine.
That nigga might be a full blown cat disguising as a kitten.who knows grin

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by czarina(f): 1:20am On Jul 11, 2019
sexyedjutto:
Ignore what the first poster said about chewing food and spitting it on a plate. It's disgusting.

You can mash the food with a small pestle or spoon.

On feeding kittens; check google for recommendations of human food your feline can enjoy.

Or if you can afford it, order Hill's Science, Purina, or IAMS kitten food, the three are some of the best kitten foods products out there. Not sure Nigerian pet shop stock those.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by sexyedjutto: 11:12am On Jul 11, 2019
czarina:
Ignore what the first poster said about chewing food and spitting it on a plate. It's disgusting.

You can mash the food with a small pestle or spoon.

On feeding kittens; check google for recommendations of human food your feline can enjoy.

Or if you can afford it, order Hill's Science, Purina, or IAMS kitten food, the three are some of the best kitten foods products out there. Not sure Nigerian pet shop stock those.
I know chewing and spitting is irritating, I'm just not sure what to try but I'm definitely not doing that... The cat is just soo cute seeing it eat well give me joy ehn... Maybe I should try bread
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat by peacefull(f): 11:00am On Jul 18, 2019
sexyedjutto:
Good day guys, I just acquired a very small cat, it can barely even walk, how do I maintain it please.... I just got it this evening, like 30 minutes ago, some small boys were playing with it in my street so I bought it from them... I live in portharcourt, mile 2, I need all the advice I can get to ensure it's very comfortable cause I'm a lover of pets and this is my first pet... Location of any vet would be appreciated also... What should I feed it, I have almost zero ideas

Please when you give milk, make little bit warm and better to use feeding bottle or syringe.
Please don't give him or her cow milk and cold milk.

About toilet, If still can't excretion by him or herself, Please use something like tissue paper or toilet paper etc, touch anus or water works(urinary organs) with little bit soft massage. So you can make him or her excretion.
When cat take care of baby, they are licking and make them urination or poop.
When he/her start excretion by him/herself, teach him/her toilet like box and sand.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Boerboel Puppies Available For Sale In Another 3weeks / Urgent Help Pls / End Time Goats Found In Benin Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.