Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Help Me With Recipes For: - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help Me With Recipes For: (1394 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For The Fruitful Home / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With Recipes For: by jazzibella(f): 6:04pm On May 10, 2007
hey people,
    what's going on?well i seek assistance with the recipe for owu or owo(can't pronounce it right so please don't mind my spelling).i'm dating a canadian born nigerian who i love to death.he doesn't even know how to speak his nigerian language but he loves his nigerian dishes.his mother who visited him from nigeria prepared this dish and he loved it off.i'm canadian born but don't get i twisted i can cook my nigerian dishes.i want to surprise him for his birthday with owu or owo.please help me with the recipe if you can.i also need recipes for peppersoup,isi-ewu,nkwobi,ogbono,edikaikong and gardenegg stew.thank u and have a good one.cheers. smiley wink wink
Re: Help Me With Recipes For: by eby4k4(f): 1:04pm On May 11, 2007
please i have not come across this soup before but i saw this recipe on the maggi family menu booklet. I wish you happy cooking

OWO SOUP

INGREDIENTS QUANTITIES

Bush meat 8 medium pieces
Smoked fish 2 medium size
Smoked prawns 1 cup
Potash (ground) ½ teaspoon
Dry pepper (ground) 1 tablespoon
Palm oil 3 cooking spoons
Maggi Crayfish 1 tablet
Water 2 cups
Native salt to taste
Egidije 2

METHOD

Wash the fish and bush meat thoroughly and break the fish into pieces.
Place both in a pot, add salt and ½ cup of water then steam for about 5 minutes.
Add the remaining water, smoked prawns, pepper and Maggi Crayfish.
Stir.
Add the potash and stir thoroughly.
Cook for about 10 minutes.
Add the native salt to taste.
Remove from heat and allow cooling for about 5-10 minutes.
Add the palm oil.
Stir to thicken then serve with starch or boiled   plantain.
Re: Help Me With Recipes For: by awoof(m): 5:05am On May 20, 2007
bush meat ke for Canada, impossicant. tongue i heard if some of these western countries catch you with bush meat they will skin you live because you are killing endangered species grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Smoked Catfish For Sale... / When She Want To Make Peper Soup Photo / Check Out This Dollar Cake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.