Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:47 AM

Nigeria + It (info Tech) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeria + It (info Tech) (832 Views)

H.I.T Info Tech School Management System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria + It (info Tech) by rowlandwhy: 6:19pm On May 10, 2007
Nigeria is not catching up in I.T at all,

Last week JAMB was so boring! 2 days to the exam date, candidates havent seen their centres yet because the application was done online.

Recently the Nigeria Immigration Service developed a website for e-payments for all services, could u beleive that only 2 category of jobs was done online (yet was boring) while the other services was manually done.

To mention but few!
How can we improve and what is the way forward!!!
Re: Nigeria + It (info Tech) by my2cents(m): 7:07pm On May 10, 2007
The way forward my friend, believe it or not, might even be in your hands tongue

In general, to improve, we need to stop offering jobs to election buddies and to those who are actually qualified. Better yet, if hands are tied, then only those election buddies with qualifications should get the job. Otherwise, even if it means paying more money, the jobs should be done by outsiders.

[list]
[li]Always study, to show thyself approved[/li]
[li]Advertise (sell) yourself[/li]
[li]Rather than doing business solo, join others to establish a larger organization[/li]
[li]If necessary, put out a website, for the genre you are pursuing. Clients can then see what you do and contact you.[/li]
[li]IT educational companies there should focus on all steps of the development process, and not just "how to become a webmaster in 2 wks"[/li]
[li]As developers, we need to educate our clients when what they want doesn't make sense. This is as opposed to being code monkeys and factory workers.[/li]
[/list]

I have a lot more in my head but I will "release" just the above for the time-being as I am sure others have something to say here.

I hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

Help! I need to know how to create a preloader for flash animation / Enabling Gd On My Server / I Need A Service Of A Professional Website Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.