Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Help ! CAC Registration Conflicting Fees - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help ! CAC Registration Conflicting Fees (491 Views)

Help: Cac Is Yet To Assign Me My Business Name After Online Payment / I Need Help, Cac Registration Wan Kill Me / CAC Registration Pending For A Week,why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help ! CAC Registration Conflicting Fees by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
Can some who has done business registration here walk me through the process please? My friend sent this to me after checking their website and saw:

500 for name reservation

10,000 for registration

5,000 for filling fee

Net total of 15,500

But here is the Email he forwarded, which he got from their official desk.

I do know about the process, and I have done registration online. But the business I am registering is under 1millon capital share and as effected by the News ( see attachment below) you annouced that it has dropped from 10,000 to 5,000 for filing ( business under 1 million )

I would like to know if this cost is reflected in your current registration process and if 500 ( for reservations) and 5000 ( for filling ) would be the correct amount to pay.

I will do this today. Thanks

Note: Under 1 million capital share.

And here is the reply that was sent to him, is this correct?

Kindly note that to register your proposed Company online, the first step is to create an account by visiting services.cac.gov.ng. Kindly click on the icon 'create account' and submit your details. Shortly afterwards, a username and password would be forwarded to your designated email address.

Thereafter, go to services.cac.gov.ng and click on the “start here” button under “Name Availability Search” column and a new page will request you insert your username and password. Reserve the name(s) by entering the proposed name(s) on the “set up a business in Nigeria” page and click on the icon “Proceed”. This takes you to the “Transaction Summary” page where you select a payment option of your choosing amongst (Visa, MasterCard, Verve, Remita, Internet Banking, Mobile Wallet or Bank branch). Click on the icon “Next”. It takes you to the “payment receipt platform” indicating the status, amount, transaction reference, remita retrieval reference RRR amongst others. Copy out the RRR and proceed to any commercial bank of your choice to effect payment of N500:00.

Once the name is reserved and approved for you, kindly click on the icon 'registration' and commence with the registration process. At this juncture, you are to pay the filing fee of N15,500.00 (fifteen Thousand, Five hundred Naira Only) for one million share capital.

Upon the successful payment of your filing fee, kindly click on the icon Get Stamp Duty and proceed to pay the sum of N8,600.00 (Eight Thousand, Six Hundred Naira Only) to get your documents stamped online.

Thereafter, you are advised to download, sign and upload the registration form duly signed and stamped, attach a copy of valid means of identification of directors/secretary/subscribers, evidence of receipt of filing as well as the notice of approval of name.

To upload your documents, kindly visit new.cac.gov.ng and you will see a link document upload at the right hand corner of the site. click on it and you will be able to upload.

Once your registration is approved, you are advised to kindly key in your proposed name in the public search window via services.cac.gov.ng and enter your proposed name.

Where your name has been issued a registration number, kindly visit the CAC Office you chose as your pick up/originating office with the documents you uploaded online and pick up your Certificate of registration accordingly.

Thank you for the interest in our services

Where is the extra 8,600 coming from ? Please walk me through I am confused here. cry

1 Like

Re: Help ! CAC Registration Conflicting Fees by 30CP(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2019
The Extra 8,600 is for E-Stamp Duty.

Before now you are suppose to pay Stamp Duty in the bank but now you can pay online and it is easier that way.
Re: Help ! CAC Registration Conflicting Fees by sam13(m): 9:52am On Jul 14, 2019
#8,600 for only stamp?
please is this the same amount someone who want to register a business name would pay?
Re: Help ! CAC Registration Conflicting Fees by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2019
sam13:
#8,600 for only stamp?
please is this the same amount someone who want to register a business name would pay?
You will pay #15,500 separate. I read in the Newspaper, and on their site they reduced it so I mailed them but they say it's the same.
Re: Help ! CAC Registration Conflicting Fees by sam13(m): 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2019
Amakavula:
You will pay #15,500 separate. I read in the Newspaper, and on their site they reduced it so I mailed them but they say it's the same.

Thanks
Re: Help ! CAC Registration Conflicting Fees by cooljoe(m): 3:43pm On Aug 01, 2019
Amakavula:
do u want to register?
Re: Help ! CAC Registration Conflicting Fees by Elizadath: 7:46am On Aug 02, 2019
But someone told me that the half price slash is still ongoing till Aug 13. Pls is it true?

(1) (Reply)

See The Best Nigerian Mobile Banking Apps In H1 2019 / I9S TWS Bluetooth Wireless Air Pods For Sale / Earn FREE Bitcoin Daily With This (set It, And Forget It) ZERO Cost Tool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.