Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,695 members, 7,955,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:22 AM

Can I Still Have A Career In Football - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Still Have A Career In Football (303 Views)

I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses / Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can I Still Have A Career In Football by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2019
I am 19 yrs old just completed my ND program in computer science, and I am thinking of chasing a career in football instead of continuing my 1year IT program, so I need the help of you guys probably can I still make it in football?
Re: Can I Still Have A Career In Football by weslay: 10:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
Sure you can. All you need is passion, focus and a strong will to succeed.
A friend graduated from a leading University in Nigeria and got a good job in an IT firm. A year after, at 24, he resigned his job to pursue his passion. Today his determination and passion has taken him from a local football club in Nigeria to a club in Turkey. I bet you the journey wasn't easy, but he was willing to pay the price.
Where there's a will there's a way!
Re: Can I Still Have A Career In Football by komekn(m): 7:34am On Jul 12, 2019
ngsoundin:
I am 19 yrs old just completed my ND program in computer science, and I am thinking of chasing a career in football instead of continuing my 1year IT program, so I need the help of you guys probably can I still make it in football?

It's difficult to answer your question comprehensively.

However, the main thing is to have a unique selling point that makes you STAND OUT.

For instance if you have blistering pace you are already ahead of the pack. If you are tall say at least 5'11 and a good jump rate, then you may have aerial dominance.

You must be fit if you haven't got the fitness you will falter at the first hurdle. Thar includes looking the part i.e. be clearly Athletic and cut no.pot belly lol.

Obviously you should have some technical ability and understanding of the game.

Any video footage 5-7 minute video clips of individual games.

All these attributes will get you through the door just walk to you league club and sell yourself. But finally yoi will need some grace, pray with expectation.

I hope this helps if you were in my location l would advise you differently probably help too if indeed you are able to show real potential and not wishful thinking.

(1) (Reply)

Jobs At Sunflag Nigeira Ltd. / Correct Score / Please I Need Your Responsible Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.