Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Livestock Or Crop Farming? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Livestock Or Crop Farming? (855 Views)

I Urgently Need A Land For Crop Farming In Osun. / Please, Who Knows This Fruit Or Crop. I Need Suppliers / FarmLands For Crop Planting In Ogun State Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Livestock Or Crop Farming? by dagreat4(f): 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2019
Hello family,I work and earn between 350k to 400k monthly but of late I'm really considering doing something for myself and I'm really considering farming.
My first consideration is weather livestock(goat,pigs,cows,snails or Arable(crop) a combination of rice,seseme seeds,palms,yams,or both which will generate best ROI.I need to package the farming business well for maximum returns.I live in south south and have About 2m and 10acres of land
set aside for
the business.I will need your suggestions please.Bash if you have to. Experts over to you please.
Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by noblealuu: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
You may have to remove how much you earn and put just an estimate on your investment capital. This is a public forum fam.

BTW, are you in Cross River State?

1 Like

Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by FMCASH(m): 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2019
noblealuu:
You may have to remove how much you earn and put just an estimate on your investment capital. This is a public forum fam.

BTW, are you in Cross River State?

goat, yam and vegetable its good. Rice and sesame are also lucrative but I don't have more experience about it. Season for yam as gone. Unless you want to irrigate. My advise for you its not to exceed four enterprise so the wahala will not be too much.

1 Like

Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by healthserve(m): 1:45am On Jul 12, 2019
dagreat4:
Hello family,I work and earn between 350k to 400k monthly but of late I'm really considering doing something for myself and I'm really considering farming.
My first consideration is weather livestock(goat,pigs,cows,snails or Arable(crop) a combination of rice,seseme seeds,palms,yams,or both which will generate best ROI.I need to package the farming business well for maximum returns.I live in south south and have About 2m and 10acres of land
set aside for
the business.I will need your suggestions please.Bash if you have to. Experts over to you please.

Consider hiring me to setup the farm for you. Both ventures can work together simultaneously

1 Like

Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 12, 2019
dagreat4:
set aside for
Remove yams from your list. The profits is minor. Have you done rice before? It's a difficult but profitable crop.
I advise you go for cheaper alternatives with less stressful work and if you must go for livestock, poultry is your answer because it's fast and lucrative if you learn the in and outs. It's easiest compared to other livestock which will take upto a year to give you any thing meaningful.

1 Like

Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by dingbang(m): 5:05am On Jul 12, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Remove yams from your list. The profits is minor. Have you done rice before? It's a difficult but profitable crop.
I advise you go for cheaper alternatives with less stressful work and if you must go for livestock, poultry is your answer because it's fast and lucrative if you learn the in and outs. It's easiest compared to other livestock which will take upto a year to give you any thing meaningful.
what of fish farming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by Pavore9: 6:03am On Jul 12, 2019
healthserve:

Consider hiring me to setup the farm for you. Both ventures can work together simultaneously

She requested for suggestions on what she could go into not one who would set up the farm.

3 Likes

Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 12, 2019
dingbang:
what of fish farming
Profits margins are low and its duration is 4-5 months.
Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by healthserve(m): 12:08pm On Jul 12, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Profits margins are low and its duration is 4-5 months.

Bros cause poultry is your familiar terrain doesn't mean profit on fish is low o. Calm down. I'm breeding 100,000 tilapia and 10,000 broilers every project has its system and structure sir
Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2019
healthserve:

Bros cause poultry is your familiar terrain doesn't mean profit on fish is low o. Calm down. I'm breeding 100,000 tilapia and 10,000 broilers every project has its system and structure sir
What margins are you getting on your fish farm?
Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by chigomiced: 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2019
dagreat4:
set aside for

Pig/poultry farming coupled with vegetable farming

2 Likes

Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by healthserve(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

What margins are you getting on your fish farm?

Trade secret. Imagine producing feeds for 200,000 animal life. If we talk too much everybody go dey do am, the business go cast wink

1 Like

Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2019
healthserve:

Trade secret. Imagine producing feeds for 200,000 animal life. If we talk too much everybody go dey do am, the business go cast wink
Mr man, nobody is asking for your trade secret! The question is how much is your average roi?

1 Like

Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2019
dagreat4:
set aside for

Are you sure you have absorber if we really bash in?

I used to say that crops are better, but I have a change of heart. What I say now is what you know the ins and outs properly. Although, no doubt ROI differ. But don't let high ROI entice you, it's very tricky.

The right way is to do something that goes along with your schedule.

Let me ask you: How much time do you have for your farm since I believe you are still a salary earner?
Re: Livestock Or Crop Farming? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 13, 2019
Fish farming is unforgiving, any mistake, your capital is gone. Just like that

(1) (Reply)

Contact Me For Cow Kidney And Gallstones / Stop Looking Down On The Farmers / Yearly Farm Labours Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.