Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic (1585 Views)

Radio Caller In Ondo Breaks Down In Tears, Describes Hardship As ‘Satanic’ / Gumi Rejects Naira Redesign, Describes It As Economic Suicide / MURIC Urges Northern Lawyers To Boycott NBA Conference Over El-rufai’s Withdrawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by DauraIsAGoal: 9:21am On Jul 12, 2019
The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has attacked the government of President Muhammadu Buhari for allowing the Big Brother Naija reality TV show go on.

The Islamic group labelled the show being aired on national television as ‘immoral, dangerous and Bohemian.’
BB Naija, is currently making waves in Nigeria featuring some romantic scenes among the housemates.

The group’s objection was contacted in a press statement made available to DAILY POST by its Founder and Director, Professor Ishaq Akintola, on Friday.

The statement added, “We are being forcibly dragged to a world of nudity, shamelessness and open promiscuity. Inmates of BBNaija kiss, romance and engage in sex openly. BBNaija is Bohemian, anti-social, crude and immoral. It constitutes a potent danger to every home. BBNaija is Satanic. It is unacceptable.
Where are our norms and values? Is it part of African culture to engage in sex in the open? Where are the authorities? Is the Ministry of Information and Culture sleeping? Is the National Orientation Agency on sabbatical? Who will protect our children from this despicable onslaught? Who did this to Nigeria?

“This reality show is dragging our children into a life of moral debauchery. It is robbing them of the last vestiges of honour. It is deleting the word ‘shame’ from their vocabulary. BB Naija has alienated our youth from the elders. A yawning lacuna now exists between the young and the old. Irreversible social crisis looms.

“We must see those who woo our young ones with humongous amounts of money, big cars and palatial buildings as those bent on destroying industry, diligence and integrity particularly among the youth. Nothing destroys a nation faster than materialism. The daughters of Jezebel are here already. Unless the authorities move with the speed of lightning, human dignity in Nigeria is going, going, going!
Or do we not realize that for every single BB Naija inmate who wins big amount of money and a car, more than 50 million young people are misled? Qur’an 30:41 says, ‘Evil has appeared on both land and sea as a result of the handiworks of men…’ The Bible in Ephesians 4:19 was also describing these people when it says, ‘Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.’

“Already, the desperate quest for wealth by all means has gripped Nigerian youth like hay fever. It has railroaded them into Yahoo Yahoo, ritual killings and a museum mentality for the collection of female panties. Where exactly are we going?

“This development calls for serious concern and we are deeply concerned because we are the Muslim Rights Concern. Our hearts bleed in MURIC. This is the kind of evil that Muslim and Christian leaders should unite to fight with all their strength instead of dissipating their energy on a phantom Islamisation, a mirage called Fulanisation, Maradonic religiousity and gymnastic spirituality.
We can put an end to this anomaly called BB Naija if Christians and Muslims bury the hatchet and come together to fight evil. Home is home. Moral debauchery knows no religion. The destructive influence of television shows like BB Naija penetrates both Christian and Muslim homes.

“Ditto for the custodians of our culture and tradition. Our traditional rulers ignore a program like this which has all the potentials to diminish the dignity of our culture. They are fighting over who should be chairman of the Council of traditional rulers. They want to be the King of kings and rivals of the Supreme Creator. Who placed a curse on Nigeria?

“Homo sapiens may not respect a single snake when they see one. But can anyone wait to see what follows if the cobra leads and it is faithfully followed by the python, the black mamba, rattle snake, garter snake and the anaconda? So what do you think will happen if our traditional rulers from the East, West and North march on Aso Rock to demand the immediate halt of this horrible show?
To cap the edifice, MURIC calls for immediate and total ban on this satanic television show. We charge the Ministry of Information and Culture to move swiftly against BB Naija before moral debauchery becomes Nigeria’s middle name. Nigerian youth must be protected from themselves and the time to do so is now. We invite the National Assembly to intervene immediately and we appeal to traditional rulers to add their voices to this campaign.”
https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/12/buhari-govt-told-stop-bbnaija-2019-reality-show-immediately/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by TooMuchStuff: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2019
Akintola don dey watch Tacha Twerkkings ....!

Oga Mumu Rik just off ya TV ....! Las Las awa all right

4 Likes

Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by id911(m): 9:33am On Jul 12, 2019
This is the first in my life I will be supporting the potential terrorist group called MURIC. BB Naija is useless, the organisers are useless, they used influence of powerful people in the society and also collected bribe to bring in participants while the youth who went for auditions were deceived and wasted their time and money for nothing.

My only problem is the gullible Nigerian youth still wasting their productive time, data and even credit on the program which the rogue organizers have already made their choice of who will win.

May Allah bless terrorist MURIC on this

4 Likes

Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 12, 2019
Although, the show is reprehensible and contains haram things and even immoral to the regular sane mind, MURIC should pls understand the situation of things in the setting where they are and how things operate. (This is my opinion)

This is Nigeria; a secular country. A country where demoCRAZY and demoMADNESS operates grin. A country meant to respect the inclinations and view of all. So MURIC should learn to keep shut on some issues especially when it concerns the feelings of others; the feelings the government chooses to respect by virtue of the operating democracy.

Just as MURIC wants the interest of the Muslims concerning Hijab and other things to be respected in this country so do some other people want their views and desires to be respected; so if MURIC wants Muslims to be given certain chances and freedom at some things, they should also know that others too want to be given chances at their wants as long as it does not pose a harm which the Muslims cannot avoid or deal with or poses an infringement on Muslims' rights. This is democracy and that is how it goes.

MURIC should rather face some other serious issues affecting the Muslims and help to improve the Muslim community within the space or freedom we have been given in this demoCRAZY. Many of our Muslim brothers are jobless and are in poverty and many are uneducated; this is causing crime rate to rise amongst Muslims and is causing the world to have a bad impression of us. We need a Muslim cementary in the country. We need Islamic banks to improve and we need provision of non-interest loans to be available to Muslims who need it. MURIC should delibrate and push developmental causes for the benefit of Muslims and not unnecessarily causing trouble and delibrating on issues that do not concern us. Muslims are raping and committing crimes; MURIC should speak against all these atrocities and make it clear Islam forbids them.

Well, I reason this and I rejoice grin For I await the coming of the great Emperor Imes, who is coming to show the world the greatness of Islam, to right the wrongs of Muslim figures and organisations like MURIC and touch the lives of millions positively.

Emperor Imes, we await your coming grin

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by Criticaltemp: 9:35am On Jul 12, 2019
Okay.. Buh hijab shouldn't be ban abi
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by CyynthiaKiss(f): 9:37am On Jul 12, 2019
How many times have they condemned thousands of Islamic clerics that are defiling our young girls in their different mosque on daily basis.. ?

Very useless terrorist group.

8 Likes

Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by MadamExcellency: 9:42am On Jul 12, 2019
I endorse this request unless it's rated +27

In Nigeria, normal 18 years old is proportional to Nigeria's 27 years old brain-wise.

Ask FIFA, 18 years old European will fail under 17 test while 30 old Nigerians scale through.
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by RealGOAT: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2019
Is this what they are most interested in, this Yoruba Muslims are the problem of the West.
I don't like BBnaija or whatever but security issue is paramount to any other problems we have here presently.
Yoruba Muslims should tell Buhari to ban RUGA than pretending as if the are saints but they do the worst hiding under hijab and claiming Islamic clerics while doing the worst.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by id911(m): 10:00am On Jul 12, 2019
OladimejiRufai:
Although, the show is reprehensible and contains haram things and even immoral to the regular sane mind, MURIC should pls understand the situation of things in the setting where they are and how things operate. (This is my opinion)

This is Nigeria; a secular country. A country where demoCRAZY and demoMADNESS operates grin. A country meant to respect the inclinations and view of all. So MURIC should learn to keep shut on some issues especially when it concerns the feelings of others; the feelings the government chooses to respect by virtue of the operating democracy.

Just as MURIC wants the interest of the Muslims concerning Hijab and other things to be respected in this country so do some other people want their views and desires to be respected; so if MURIC wants Muslims to be given certain chances and freedom at some things, they should also know that others too want to be given chances at their wants as long as it does not pose a harm which the Muslims cannot avoid or deal with or poses an infringement on Muslims' rights. This is democracy and that is how it goes.

MURIC should rather face some other serious issues affecting the Muslims and help to improve the Muslim community within the space or freedom we have been given in this demoCRAZY. Many of our Muslim brothers are jobless and are in poverty and many are uneducated; this is causing crime rate to rise amongst Muslims and is causing the world to have a bad impression of us. We need a Muslim cementary in the country. We need Islamic banks to improve and we need provision of non-interest loans to be available to Muslims who need it. MURIC should delibrate and push developmental causes for the benefit of Muslims and not unnecessarily causing trouble and delibrating on issues that do not concern us.

Well, I reason this and I rejoice grin For I await the coming of the great Emperor Imes, who is coming to show the world the greatness of Islam, to right the wrongs of Muslim figures and organisations like MURIC and touch the lives of millions positively.

Emperor Imes, we await your coming grin

I will support Buhari to ban them... they basically serve no purpose and nothing beneficial to the society except the criminal organizers who would rake in hundreds of millions from gullible Nigerians. When they are ready to select the participants on a free, credible and transparent manner then, maybe, some of us can have reasons to support such a program
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 12, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:
How many times have they condemned thousands of Islamic clerics that are defiling our young girls in their different mosque on daily basis.. ?

Very useless terrorist group.

Someone would probably not have to look too far or for too long to find you around threads like this grin grin

Hey, I have good news for you.

Imes is coming grin He is coming to shut you up grin Not by force, but by establishing the wonders of the true Islam and refuting all your spurious claims and savage words at Islam with the truth and when yoy see all these, you will become flabbergasted and too dumbfounded to say anything. grin

Imes is coming, lady. Prepare for the arrival of the personage of change and wonders grin

Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by OBAGADAFFI: 10:02am On Jul 12, 2019
angry
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by StillX10(m): 10:23am On Jul 12, 2019
This is the first time this stupid group is making a little sense
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by Beremx(f): 10:26am On Jul 12, 2019
Even if the program has to be banned, MURIC shouldn't be the one clamouring for it because they are hypocrites.

I don't see the program being banned anyway because the federal government approved of it to be aired in Nigeria. I remember how Lai Mohammed made sure Nigeria hosted the program instead of South Africa

1 Like

Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by Racoon(m): 10:29am On Jul 12, 2019
Ask the terrorist president to proscribe BH, Killer Fulani herdsmen terrorists, Islamic Radicalism/paedophiles, Almajiri/ Quota system first before BBN.Useless man angry

1 Like

Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by Ven97: 10:43am On Jul 12, 2019
This post has really changed my life, it changed my way of thinking, even my dog that wanted to commit suicide read this post and didn't commit the suicide.
For that,
I support this post with 3 kolanuts and 2 crates of beer
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by Oche211(m): 10:47am On Jul 12, 2019
MURIC is mad. Bunch of hypocrites.
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by toolovely(m): 10:50am On Jul 12, 2019
Why are people asking for the program to be suspended? Nigerians and hypocrisy.
There are over 50 channels on DStv that one can watch. Why is it just one channel people are disturbing their souls of. They are not forcing people to watch it. Choose from the over 50 channels and enjoy yourself.

I don't watch bbn, so I won't tune to channel 198. I don't watch zeeworld, I don't tune to that channel. So skip the channel and go to the one that you want.

The same people saying rubbish are same defiling children and raping innocent girls

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by AirFireEarthH20: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2019
toolovely:
Why are people asking for the program to be suspended? Nigerians and hypocrisy.
There are over 50 channels on DStv that one can watch. Why is it just one channel people are disturbing their souls of. They are not forcing people to watch it. Choose from the over 50 channels and enjoy yourself.

I don't watch bbn, so I won't tune to channel 198. I don't watch zeeworld, I don't tune to that channel. So skip the channel and go to the one that you want.

The same people saying rubbish are same defiling children and raping innocent girls

BBN should be banned period! What's the motive of that useless thing? I will start supporting Buhari if he can suspend that show
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by proudevil: 11:13am On Jul 12, 2019
id911:

I will support Buhari to ban them... they basically serve no purpose and nothing beneficial to the society except the criminal organizers who would rake in hundreds of millions from gullible Nigerians. When they are ready to select the participants on a free, credible and transparent manner then, maybe, some of us can have reasons to support such a program
our society as become so morally decayed,women are now mere entertaining object and people are condemning muri...this is beyond religion its a matter of our collective moral responsibility, I concor with your submission.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by anibi9674: 11:15am On Jul 12, 2019
That will be infringement of the right one of people that want to watch it.
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by Cimboltv: 11:48am On Jul 12, 2019
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by Ladiesdoctor(m): 12:09pm On Jul 12, 2019
Amen. They should ban the rubbish
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by NkayStory(f): 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2019
id911:
This is the first in my life I will be supporting the potential terrorist group called MURIC. BB Naija is useless, the organisers are useless, they used influence of powerful people in the society and also collected bribe to bring in participants while the youth who went for auditions were deceived and wasted their time and money for nothing.

My only problem is the gullible Nigerian youth still wasting their productive time, data and even credit on the program which the rogue organizers have already made their choice of who will win.

May Allah bless terrorist MURIC on this

Same here cheesy....BBN is pure nonsense.
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by Deathisfree: 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2019
AirFireEarthH20:

BBN should be banned period! What's the motive of that useless thing? I will start supporting Buhari if he can suspend that show

Then Instagram and Facebook should be banned too.
Please think well before you talk in public and stop disgracing your family

1 Like

Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by fineboynl(m): 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
holier than thou. don't be surprise these are the men than visit xvideo website. hypocrite.

if you don't like the program don't watch it.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by Litmus: 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2019
I support much of what they stated. We may be reticent and weary of Islamic extremity and consequently want to recoil from all things related to Islam or Islamic practitioners ’ opinions but let us not become blind to relative truths that may reside in some of their words and teachings. I for one do not mind Northerners being our moral guidance in the face of our native cultures values faltering before the onslaught of Western immoralities.

I only wish Christian organisations would do the same so that there would be one voice among the religious order. This would be responsible given the polarised nature of existence presently in Nigeria. If Nigerians give up Nigerian ways and become like the rest of Africa, throwing away all things African, who will preserve African values?
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by iluvdonjazzy: 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2019
let him first ban the killer herdsmen, then he can be justified to ban bbnaija
Re: MURIC Urges Buhari To Ban Bbnaija, Describes It As Satanic by seborrhic: 1:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Hypocrites.
What these men and women that claim to worship Allah do in secret when they feel people are not watching them will shame even the devil himself.

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Has Obaseki Turned To Faking Prophesies Of Father Mbaka? / Buhari’s Chinese Medical Experts: Are Nigerians Guinea Pigs? / Abba Kyari Died More Than 2 Weeks After Contacting COVID19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.