Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

How To Get Scammed Easily - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Get Scammed Easily (220 Views)

How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. / SCAM ALERT: Top 5 Ways Nigerians Get Scammed On Social Media. / Man Rain Curses On Fraudster Who Scammed A Client Of N93,730 With His Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Scammed Easily by TemmyT002(m): 9:47am On Jul 12, 2019
With the situation in Nigeria and even in the world today, many people are using their brains to do very bad things. The top of the crimes is scamming. if you are not careful, you are liable to get scammed easily.

There are two ways to get scammed:

A. You will get scammed easily if you are desperate to get a thing;
B. You will get scammed if you try to get an expensive thing at a very cheap price.

These ways are what scammers feed on and scam people easily.
When a person is desperate, such person will not listen to any warning and that’s because in the person’s mind he or she had already gotten that thing.

Also, everyone in Nigeria knows that people like to get the best thing for a very cheap price or no price at all- something that is not all that possible. Scammers know this and they use it against their victims.

MY EXPERIENCE ON A SCAM

I am speaking from experience. It was a WhatsApp group. A guy came from nowhere and posted a long list of data plans for all networks and their prices. It was juicy and I wanted to pay instantly even though I already had enough data.
Immediately, someone screamed that it was a scam.

These ways are what scammers feed on and scam people easily.
A desperate person will not listen to any warning and that’s because in the person’s mind, he or she had already gotten that thing.

Also, everyone in Nigeria knows that people like to get the best thing for a very cheap price or no price at all- something that is not all that possible. Scammers know this and they use it against their victims.

I am speaking from experience. It was a WhatsApp group. A guy came from nowhere and posted a long list of data plans for all networks and their prices. It was juicy and I wanted to pay instantly even though I already had enough data.
“It is a scam,” someone warned.

Pleased with the prices listed, I ignored the person giving the warning. I knew great things are not very cheap and with the characters and behaviors of people in the world today, being nice is a farce; it is very hard to find someone doing nice things just because he or she is nice. All I could think about was MTN, 1500 Naira for 5GB and I must buy it.

I had a chat with the thief and I warned him several times not to scam me. I even threatened to send witches after him. He kept saying I shouldn’t worry, that he was a nice guy. I smiled.

To cut the long story short, I sent the 1500. Our thieving brother even called me to make sure I have sent the money. That was how my 1500 and 5GB disappeared. No chance to download the season film I wanted.

LESSONS ON SCAM
1. LET WHAT YOU HAVE BE ENOUGH FOR YOU

It is one of human’s characteristics to want more than enough. That is why a person who has a car would want more for one reason or the other best known to him or her. Unfortunately, people tend to want more and it is at this point that they begin to do all they can to get more of that thing until they finally fall into the hands of scammers.

2. TRUST NOBODY UNTIL YOU KNOW WHERE THEY LIVE

The advent of the computer has made things easier. Most of the things we do today now involves the use of computer and computer devices.
When it comes to communication, great strides have been made in this aspect.

This fact is one thing that scammers put in mind especially when they want to scam anyone. Scamming is particularly possible when the scammer and the victim are in different locations.

Whenever there is something you need very much and the person selling is very far to where you are, you have to be very careful. The best thing to do is to know the person’s location and note it.

This is in order to sue the person in case they do not do the needful. A person who knows that you can’t find him or her will easily scam you and get away with it.

Continued in the source...

Source: https://opinionsandstories.com/scam-how-to-get-scammed-easily/
Re: How To Get Scammed Easily by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 12, 2019
Your 2 hypoteses are indid theoretically correct.

And the third one is when you been naive.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Court Jails 10 Internet Fraudsters (Photos) / 'we’ll Not Tolerate Fulani Vigilante Group In Ondo’ - Ondo State Government / Over N14.7b Tramadol Destroys By Customs, NAFDAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.