Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

The Beginning(poem) By Chukwu Daniel - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / The Beginning(poem) By Chukwu Daniel (310 Views)

DRIFT, A Poem by Pat Ashinze. / Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze / "When Hunger Becomes Prayer" - A Poem By Precious Arinze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Beginning(poem) By Chukwu Daniel by Danchu(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2019
The Beginning
I have being trying so hard to write you this letter since you last sailed this deep to the Western border
I have being here waiting for years, hoping you appear sooner rather than later
Together we started a script enveloped in bliss, but now a heart thrusting dagger

In the beginning, the sun would smile while, we tour through the blossoming flowers
Now, the sun seems malevolent, perhaps it will not shine, not without you my mistress
The night appears sober, no moonlight tale of cause, not to be told in a serenade recess

The streams reflect the true expression of beautiful spouse so alluring as in a mirror
Now, they show me a wrinkled face expressing a tale of loneliness in nostalgia rigour
My cling on your home coming is turning out a mirage, nothing but a worthless piece of humour

The birds were at the prime of their vocals with you around, yes! they knew the right melody
Now, they seem tired of singing to lonely ears, they have been like this for days, rather clumsy
Adaobi, I seem long drown in the ocean of the past, right here you told me how love birds fly

The mountains are missing our affronting ride to the top like of olds, hand sinked in hand
We used to climb holding each other so tight, unbreakable not until we reach the levelled grand
All I do is engage the woods in dialogue, so weary of time thus, casting my emotions to the wind

I'm writing you this epistle, hoping things get clearer, it's another year yet no word from you
Mama wants her grandchildren, my kinsmen are losing patience, time trade is no longer a clue
Albeit, I can see you on the other side but, divided and impeded by this tossy deep sea so blue!

You left with a smile, saying goodbye, thought it would be for a little while but here am I aging
Falling away just like leaves from a dying tree, I'm tired of holding you only when daydreaming
Hear me aloud, I miss you! come back let's take a cruising ride back to our twinkling beginning

@Chukwu Daniel 2019

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Such Is The Way To The Stars / Lost Love / I Edited My Poems And Quotes With My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.