Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,302 members, 7,846,349 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

TRENDING: Hilarious Reactions Trail Petition For Big Brother Naija Show Ban - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TRENDING: Hilarious Reactions Trail Petition For Big Brother Naija Show Ban (389 Views)

BBNaija: Mixed Reactions Trail Emmanuel's Aerophobic Comment / How Much That Was Made On Big Brother Naija Show 2018 (An Estimate) / Immorality In Our Living Room: The Big Brother Naija Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TRENDING: Hilarious Reactions Trail Petition For Big Brother Naija Show Ban by chrysora: 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
Social media users on Friday reacted to the call by the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) to ban reality television show, Big Brother Naija (BBN).
The Muslim body had written a petition to President Muhammadu Buhari calling on him to ensure that the Federal Government stops the airing of the television show.
MURIC Director, Professor Ishaq Akintola in the petition labeled the show as ‘immoral, dangerous and bohemian’
They also wondered why the Ministry of Information and Culture and the National Orientation Agency are doing nothing over the show.
This petition sparked a reaction from social media users who took to Twitter to express disapproval. Many using the hashtag #BBNaija #MURIC laughed at the petition noting that the Television show is rated 18 and energy should be channeled to tackling major challenges confronting Nigeria.
Read tweets below…

.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/1131292237122461696/pu/img/
x_rPeI66_normal
Slay Papa 1f3521f377 a.k.a Mr. Skye 1f644
@TweetAtAustin

MURIC: Big Brother Naija should be banned.#BBNaija fans:
10:38 AM - Jul 12, 2019
See Slay Papa 1f3521f377 a.k.a Mr. Skye 1f644's other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy
View image on Twitter
.com/media/
W5mvcxu1_normal
TalkativeNaijaNG
@Talkative9jaNG

Wow! MURIC tells President Buhari to Stop #BBNaija2019 1f926-200d-2642-fe0f

What's are your views on #BBNaija?
10:49 AM - Jul 12, 2019
See TalkativeNaijaNG's other Tweets

View image on Twitter
.com/media/
KU8brOIJ_normal
datfatniggur
@YankeeOnline

MURIC knows more about #BBNaija than even me wet dey watch am, see hypocrisy
10:37 AM - Jul 12, 2019
22 people are talking about this

View image on Twitter
.com/media/
5OZz_LMs_normal
Local Black Man 26aa
@thelifeof_real

MURIC wants BUHARI to ban a TV show (BBN) that makes Nigerians forgot about the bad economy. #BBNaija
10:30 AM - Jul 12, 2019
23 people are talking about this
.com/tweet_video_thumb/
AZXrA3k7_normal
Naija Class Captain
@NaijaClassCapt

There are over 5 million out of school kids in Northern Nigeria.
Music:1f64a1f64a

Herdsmen crisis claimed an estimated 300,000 lives since 2018
Muric: 1f64a1f64a

Culture-backed child marriages are happening in Northern Nigeria
Muric: 1f64a1f64a#BBNaija airs
Muric 1f447
12:16 PM - Jul 12, 2019
66 people are talking about this
View image on Twitter
.com/media/
9GCqTaE8_normal
Marvin the Android... For now.
@Boboye_Ak

People that are proud of watching BBNaija can only write tweets about it. But MURIC watched enough to write a 4 page essay cos they hate it.

OK1f6021f602
10:26 AM - Jul 12, 2019
71 people are talking about this
HJhhujsE_normal
Kelvin Odanz
@MrOdanz

I think MURIC has a point in saying #BBNaija should be banned. This is an issue of National emergency if you ask me.#BBNaija is not only distracting us from tackling Fulani herdsmen and corruption in Nigeria, it also infringes on the Religious right of some peace-loving Muslims
11:38 AM - Jul 12, 2019
413 people are talking about this

Hunger, depression, child bride, poor economy are the major challenges in the country. This is what energy should rather be channeled and put a stop to. This is the point raised by other social media users. They opined that the reality Television show is source of entertainment and fun to watch.
Read more tweets below…
GzCkVSqy_normal
Udo Akpu Enyi
@buzuzu7

Dear MURIC more Nigerians die from hunger and depression and many more have no access to tv talk more of cable tv. Direct this energy at pressuring this government to make good policies that will have positive impact on the people. #BBNaija2019 is the least of our problems https://twitter.com/dailypostngr/status/1149564072771276801
Daily Post Nigeria

@DailyPostNGR

Buhari govt told to stop BBNaija 2019 reality show immediately https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/12/buhari-govt-told-stop-bbnaija-2019-reality-show-immediately/
.com/media/
7:29 AM - Jul 12, 2019
See Udo Akpu Enyi's other Tweets
I’m not really a big fan of BBN but MURIC calling on Buhari to ban the TV show is another example of misplaced priorities.#BBNaijia
— Local Black Man ⚪ (@thelifeof_real) July 12, 2019
zvf2uI53_normal
Baba Folarin.
@that_ijebubaddo

The superiority complex a certain religion feels in this Nigeria is what is holding them back from actually developing, of all things MURIC sees to petition Buhari about, its #BBNaija not the number of kids out of school in Nigeria.
9:57 AM - Jul 12, 2019
See Baba Folarin.'s other Tweets
V8saaO2a_normal
I.G: Fikky_Pearl
@fikkypearl

MURIC I’ve not seen you guys cry out against Muslim clerics that rape girls, yet it’s BBNaija that’s ur headache..You think Nigeria belongs to you 1f621the show is rated 18 and let me remind you there’s parental control on DSTV ..stop making noise Falz is still waiting 4u in court
8:44 AM - Jul 12, 2019 · Abuja, Nigeria
30 people are talking about this
View image on Twitter
.com/media/
H3pmAPsS_normal
Chineze (Ex Mrs Walcott 1f622 Ozil's bae1f496
@Amchizzy

My television my business!
My data my business!
My dstv subscription my business!
My time my business!

Calling on Mr president to put an end to one of my preferred choice of fun, smile & happiness is abusing my emotions! Tell your MCM "MURIC & his followers" to back off #BBNaija
11:53 AM - Jul 12, 2019
See Chineze (Ex Mrs Walcott 1f622 Ozil's bae1f496's other Tweets

Big Brother Naija television show is rated 18. The season four of the show which is tagged Pepper Dem started airing on July 1 with 21 housemates who will be battling for the grand prize of N60million in 99 days.
https://www.chrysora.com/2019/07/trending-hilarious-reactions-trail.html

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2019: Khafi Complains About Seyi Trying To Kill Her In Her Dream (video) / Blessed Boy Comedy - Coronavirus (episode-) 2020 / A New Way To Gain 150+ Real and Active Followers Daily On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.