Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. (633 Views)

Zinnat Injection And Flagyl Injection For Watery Poo In Dogs / My Aggressive Female Boerboel Resisting To Take Injection / Please My Dog's Breast Is Swollen Any Remedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. by Unekz(m): 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2019
Good day nairalanders !!!
I have a german shephard of about 4 years,for the past "1year +" getting to 2 years i have tried my possible best in giving her this anti-rebbies injection,but she's so aggressive as she wouldnt want the vet.Doctor in coming close to her to administer the injection,i tried taking her to the vet clinic still the same,i have even used the mouth guard but she wouldnt keep calm up to the point of anytime she sees me coming with the gaurd she'll start misbehaving.the vets doctors are even afraid of coming close to her.
please nairalanders is there any remedy to this ?? Like is there any drugs in place of the injection ? Please i need help, staying in the far north though. cry : cry cry cry
Cc logadims,osuntokun,nike4love fynestboi
Re: Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. by Unekz(m): 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2019
Please help a brother
Re: Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. by logadims: 2:24am On Jul 13, 2019
Unekz:
I have a german shephard of about 4 years,for the past "1year +" getting to 2 years i have tried my possible best in giving her this anti-rebbies injection,but she's so aggressive as she wouldnt want the vet.Doctor in coming close to her to administer the injection,i tried taking her to the vet clinic still the same,i have even used the mouth guard but she wouldnt keep calm up to the point of anytime she sees me coming with the gaurd she'll start misbehaving.the vets doctors are even afraid of coming close to her.
please nairalanders is there any remedy to this ?? Like is there any drugs in place of the injection ? Please i need help, staying in the far north though. cry : cry cry cry

why do you want to give her Anti-Rabies? what's your reason?
Re: Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. by Unekz(m): 6:56am On Jul 13, 2019
logadims:

why do you want to give her Anti-Rabies? what's your reason?

Thought its adviceable & to protect any unforseen circumstances in a case of bite

1 Like

Re: Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. by IamAnderson(m): 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
Unekz:
this is why you should start doing all these things right from when they are young.
an adult dog won't let you do things they aren't used to sometimes.
I suggest you let her calm down, then use you weight to hold her down like you're sitting on her(don't out all your weight on her).
then put the guard on her, you can try petting her to distract her so you can do that.
then while you're on her and the guard is on her mouth, she'll be immobile then the vet can inject her from behind
Re: Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. by Unekz(m): 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2019
IamAnderson:

this is why you should start doing all these things right from when they are young.
I suggest you let her calm down, then use you weight to hold her down like you're sitting on her(don't out all your weight on her).
then put the guard on her, you can try petting her to distract her so you can do that.
then while you're on her and the guard is on her mouth, she'll be immobile then the vet can inject her from behind
Thank you vey much bro
Re: Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. by Namdeenero(m): 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
No good vet will administer anti-rabies vaccine on a hyperactive dog, you’ll need to calm the dog down first so the temperature won’t be too high
Re: Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. by IamAnderson(m): 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2019
Namdeenero:
No good vet will administer anti-rabies vaccine on a hyperactive dog, you’ll need to calm the dog down first so the temperature won’t be too high
true
Re: Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. by Otunbatwins: 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
[quote author=IamAnderson post=80223764]
then while you're on her and the guard is on her mouth, she'll be immobile then the vet can inject her from behind.once you are able to put the mouth guard on the bitch, look for an ice block and place it on the dog's head. After about 4-5minutes after placing the ice on the dog's head the vet doctor canteen come and give the injection.
Re: Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. by IamAnderson(m): 6:58am On Jul 15, 2019
[quote author=Otunbatwins post=80267064][/quote] didn't get your reply
Re: Any Remedy For Rebbies Injection,please Help. by Otunbatwins: 11:11am On Jul 15, 2019
What I mean is that after the dog had been mouth guarded, you place an ice block about the size of your palm on it's head.After like 4-5minute's the vet can then inject the dog. After which you would remove the ice block.

(1) (Reply)

HELP!! My Puppy Is Loosing Weight Even Though He’s Eating Well / 2 Top Female Caucasian Puppies For Sale...they Are Beast / Black Adolescent Male Pitbull Of 9 Month Old Available For New Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.