Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:06 AM

Some Internet/computer Related Abbreviations You Need To Know And Keep Handy. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Some Internet/computer Related Abbreviations You Need To Know And Keep Handy. (663 Views)

Portability With This Laptop Came Handy / Please Recommend Any Free Computer Related Course With Free Certificate / Some Of The Technical Useful Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Internet/computer Related Abbreviations You Need To Know And Keep Handy. by johndik(m): 8:27am On Jul 13, 2019
Today while i was chatting with an internet enthusiast on Facebook, he came up with a question. The question
goes here: 'I just finished my API and its not working as programmed, why?'. I
smiled with suprise and i asked 'whats the meaning of APi?' This guy said api is a third party (lol). Could you imagine?
Someone who claimed to have written an API does'nt even know the meaning of API.
Well maybe he wanted to scare me with his terms. I am sure this guy has been using that term for so long now.. and he does'nt even know the meaning. I know
that many persons will fall victim of this same syndrome therefore, i have decided to come as a saviour by creating this topic so that it will save you when
you are on that hot seat(hehehehehe).
Below are some internet and computer
related abbreviations and their
meanings but i will start with 'API'.

API- Application program Interface
ASCII- American Standard Code for
Information
Interchange.
ASP- Active Server Page
URL- Uniform Resource Locator
BASH- Bourne-Again Shell
HTML- HyperText Marku-up Language
XML- Xtensible Mark-up Language
PHP- Hypertext Processor(it was initially
called Personal Homepage Processor)
SQL- Structured Query Langauge
HTTP- Hypertext Transfer Protocol
AJAX- Asynchronous Javascript And Xml
(hehehe, am in love with this one)
BIOS- Basic Input/Output System
BLOB- Binary Large Object(a data type)
BMP- Bitmap(an image format)
BSOD- Blue Screen Of Death(hehehe,
when your are formating ur pc and you
see this, lol)
CCD- Charged Couple Device(more of
physic. Ccd is used in cameras)
CDFS- Compact Disk File Syetem
CGI- Common Gateway Interface
CLOB- Character Large Object(also a data
type)
DLL- Dynamic Link Library
PDF- Portable Document Format
PNG- Portable Network Graphic
RTE- Run Time Evironment
IDE- Integrated Development
Environment.
DNS- Domain Name System
SDK- Software Development Kit
ISP: Internet Service Provider
ISO- International Standard Organisation
WI-FI: Wireless Fidelity (heheh, a friend
of mine ones told me that wi-fi is a
chineese term. Hehehe)

JPEG- Joint Photographic Experts Group.
Pls add yours and lets roll.

Source: https://figeria.com/topic-List-of-Some-Internet-Computer-related-abbreviations-you-may-not-know

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Laptop For Sale Windows 10 64G Memory / This Device Can Scan & Edit Your Documents: Distributors Wanted / Beware Of Quarks Condemning Your Gadgets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.