Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,851 members, 7,828,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience (822 Views)

FG Withdraws Corruption Charges Against Ashinze, Sambo Dasuki’s Aides / Again, Court Sends EFCC Boss To Kuje Prison For Contempt / Dasuki Granted N200 Million Bail By Abuja Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by Ecstasy154(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2019
The Court of Appeal has again granted bail to Sambo Dasuki. a former National Security Adviser (NSA), and order the Nigerian Government to pay him N5 million for violating his freedom of movement.

The fresh order came in a ruling delivered by the court of appeal on July 13. According to Premium Times, Ahmed Raji's chambers, those representing Dasuki, confirmed the new bail.

“Yes, it’s true. You know he had been granted bail several times by high courts and the bail conditions were excessive. Yet even after meeting the conditions, he was not released on bail,” said the lawyer, Adeola Adedipe, who had filed the application.

Adedipe explained that “the previous bail of N100 million cash was paid but the government did not release Dasuki.

He added that by the latest court order, “the N100 million noted by the court would be a bond, not a cash sum like the previous one".

According to the ‘enrolled order’ which was seen by this newspaper, Dasuki and his lawyers approached the appellate court on June 13.

Dasuki has been held by security operatives since December 2015 when he was arrested on allegations he diverted $2.1 billion from funds meant for the war against terrorism.

Several court orders for the release of the former NSA had been flouted by the Nigerian government.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/13/again-court-grants-dasuki-bail-despite-buharis-repeated-disobedience

1 Like

Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by budaatum: 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2019
Are Nigerian lawyers this stupid? Why are they not suing the federal agency holding Dasuki directly if he truly has met his bail condition? Why would they even be applying for bail that has already been granted? And under what jurisdiction would a court be determining a judgement that has already been made?

Shouldn't the court be holding the agency in contempt for still detaining Dasuki? Shouldn't his lawyers have filed a civil suit already demanding like ₦100m for every day he is detained against the court decision granting bail? In fact, shouldn't his lawyers be suing the toothless courts even? And why isn't the Senate upholding the constitution on this?

Na wa for my country Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by Racoon(m): 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2019
When tyranny and oppression comes into the land,it will be in the guise of fighting crime ."
-James Madison(US President 1809-1817)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by Sunnycliff(m): 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2019
Buhari has a personal vendetta against Dasuki... nothing more, nothing less.

Else, he would be placed on security list, his passport seized and he won't run away on bail.

Buhari does not obey the rule of law.

1 Like

Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by tuniski: 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2019
The tyranny of a govt won't release him.
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by Sunnycliff(m): 10:37pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:
Are Nigerian lawyers this stupid? Why are they not suing the federal agency holding Dasuki directly if he truly has met his bail condition? Why would they even be applying for bail that has already been granted? And under what jurisdiction would a court be determining a judgement that has already been made?

Shouldn't the court be holding the agency in contempt for still detaining Dasuki? Shouldn't his lawyers have filed a civil suit already demanding like ₦100m for every day he is detained against the court decision granting bail? In fact, shouldn't his lawyers be suing the toothless courts even? And why isn't the Senate upholding the constitution on this?

So much questions but we have a President who does not obey the rule of law. He is having his own pound of flesh from Dasuki, having known the role he played in his ousting out of office through military coup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by budaatum: 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2019
Sunnycliff:

So much questions but we have a President who does not obey the rule of law. He is having his own pound of flesh from Dasuki, having known the role he played in his ousting out of office through military coup
The President should not have a choice in the matter! Dasuki's legal team should be fighting this on all fronts! They should pay people to go on the streets even!

Something isn't adding up here!
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by Sunnycliff(m): 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:

The President should not have a choice in the matter! Dasuki's legal team should be fighting this on all fronts! They should pay people to go on the streets even!

Like protesters are given a field day in Nigeria? Not to talk of protesting for Buhari sworn enemy?
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by sapientia(m): 11:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
Buhari is a tyrant.
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by godofuck231: 11:10pm On Jul 13, 2019
Dasuki knows too much if he speaks the north will be on fire
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by Mynd44: 11:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by Staro: 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
Sad
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by Ruggedniggaone: 1:23am On Jul 14, 2019
bullhari is still in power court are powerless constitution has been suspended since 2015 our Fulani headsmen in aro rock is the legislature,judiciary and executive he is the constitution himself he his the court himself but i blame our lawyers and judges they are the one that keep supporting this tyrant if bullhari refuse to obey any court order let all the lawyers and judges in Nigeria boycott court until bullhari obey court orders shikena stupidity is doing the same thing every time and be expecting different result even if the case get to supreme Court bullhari will still not obey leopard can never change it spot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by richeso: 1:41am On Jul 14, 2019
budaatum:

my brother. with this act of stupidity by the government. as i am now. i do not have faith in the courts anymore. under this government. the courts are just like some shitty agency that has no importance. this is why many Nigerians can not speak up because it will all end in the court and the court is this useless highly stupid rubbish lawless agency! if the courts can not defend your right , who will ?

1 Like

Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by NeekolazWorld(m): 8:34am On Jul 14, 2019
Today is APCs turn, tomorrow is pregnant. I can only imagine what will happen to many of these APC politicians if mistakenly power goes back to PDP. I know many of them that will languish in jail as a payback by pdp to apc for what they are doing to their members while these same apc criminals are walking free.
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by budaatum: 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
NeekolazWorld:
Today is APCs turn, tomorrow is pregnant. I can only imagine what will happen to many of these APC politicians if mistakenly power goes back to PDP. I know many of them that will languish in jail as a payback by pdp to apc for what they are doing to their members while these same apc criminals are walking free.
So you think pdp in power can just imprison apc without any evidence of a crime? Personally, I don't believe it about the current apc regime so I'm much less likely to believe it about pdp.

Take the ₦100m bail Dasuki is said to have already paid. If it's true, why would court require less to bail him now? Does the previous bail payment not cover the new lesser one with change?

Things are not as they seem here! This two plus two just ain't adding up!
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by kkins25(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
budaatum:

you think the shiites havent tried that?
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by Frankiss44(m): 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
Power corrupts , abosolute power corrupts absolutely..

Today it is Buhari's turn, tomorrow it will be another person's turn
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by budaatum: 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
kkins25:
you think the shiites havent tried that?
No, I don't! And if they have tried and not yet succeeded they should keep trying until they do!
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by budaatum: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2019
Frankiss44:
Power corrupts , abosolute power corrupts absolutely..

Today it is Buhari's turn, tomorrow it will be another person's turn
Na lie! Nigerians are not going to remain stupid and ignorant! My faith in you is immense.
Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by cosef: 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2019
The judiciary is just a toothless bulldog under Buhari.

If lawyers and judges have a morsel of shame, they would burn their wigs and shut down the courts in protest.

Why going to court to waste time, when the Presidency and executive think you are just glorified wig-wearing rabble-rousers?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Again, Court Grants Dasuki Bail Despite Buhari's Repeated Disobedience by budaatum: 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2019
cosef:
The judiciary is just a toothless bulldog under Buhari.

If lawyers and judges have a morsel of shame, they would burn their wigs and shut down the courts in protest.

Why going to court to waste time, when the Presidency and executive think you are just glorified wig-wearing rabble-rousers?
So, I pay money to a toothless lawyer to defend me and you are not telling me it is I who is toothless! Why please? If I bought a car and did not check if it had an engine would you blame the road?

Please talk true and tell me I'm useless instead of blaming judiciary for my incompetence at not getting a lawyer with teeth! If you lie to me I will just remain toothless!

(1) (Reply)

DSS Obeys Court Order, Frees El-zakzaky / IPOB Humiliates Foreign Affairs Minister In Austria / Commissioning Of The Largest Off Grid Solar Hybrid Solar Project In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.