Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil (4152 Views)

My Car Started Smoking After Servicing.pls Help / "Evil Spirit, Baby Boy, Big For Nothing" – Popular Cars Renamed By Nigerians / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by abidemidare: 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2019
My Honda accord evil spirit started smoking after topping the engine oil. I travelled l to abeokuta from lekki yesterday but I noticed my oil wasn't Guage, I had to buy 1 litre of oando oil to topped the synthetic oil I was using before, thinking I would change the oil when I'm back from the journey, I got back late and noticed on my way coming that my car was smoking. Have changed the complete oil today to synthetic and still smoking. My rewire said it has affected one of the rings. Please house what can I do to make the smoke stop because I don't want to ring the engine.

Thanks
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by AutoMoTech(m): 2:26am On Jul 14, 2019
if the piston rings are worn you do not have a choice but to change that engine or ring it (though i will never advice that).
however before that... my advice is you consider diagnosing the cause of the smoke.
1. do a compression test of all cylinders to know if cylinder compression is still within manufacturer spec. if not you have oil getting into the cylinder from the crankcase.
2. inform your mechanic to inspect the valve seals. you might have a leaking oil seal.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by CocoaOla: 3:53am On Jul 14, 2019
Why will you name such a ride evil spirit

Heh evil spirit came to take the property named after them grin

Hope you didn't over fill it check the oil gauge

4 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by abidemidare: 10:55am On Jul 14, 2019
AutoMoTech:
if the piston rings are worn you do not have a choice but to change that engine or ring it (though i will never advice that).
however before that... my advice is you consider diagnosing the cause of the smoke.
1. do a compression test of all cylinders to know if cylinder compression is still within manufacturer spec. if not you have oil getting into the cylinder from the crankcase.
2. inform your mechanic to inspect the valve seals. you might have a leaking oil seal.

Thanks boss
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by AutoMoTech(m): 11:59am On Jul 14, 2019
CocoaOla:
Why will you name such a ride evil spirit

Heh evil spirit came to take the property named after them grin

Hope you didn't over fill it check the oil gauge
Same thing i thought but he said he has done a drain and refill. MEaning d old mixed oil is out.
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by chukel(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
abidemidare:
My Honda accord evil spirit started smoking after topping the engine oil. I travelled l to abeokuta from lekki yesterday but I noticed my oil wasn't Guage, I had to buy 1 litre of oando oil to topped the synthetic oil I was using before, thinking I would change the oil when I'm back from the journey, I got back late and noticed on my way coming that my car was smoking. Have changed the complete oil today to synthetic and still smoking. My rewire said it has affected one of the rings. Please house what can I do to make the smoke stop because I don't want to ring the engine.

Thanks
gazzuzz, timifakay, nurey, BCDs
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by autologic: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2019
abidemidare:

Thanks
Topping your oil is a indication that your engine is already wearing out and is not a sudden thing as you assumed,the issue has been there ever since.The wear and tear has degraded to the next level which is why u seeing white smoke .Since average Nigeria is reactive towards maintainance rather tthan proactive then no need trying to save the already split milk cos the engine is already on it way out ,just trying save towards getting another engine.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by timifakay(m): 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
1. When oil was drained, how many liters came out?
2. Have you been servicing at normal service intervals?
3. Scan vehicle for codes and let's see if there's a misfire.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by Lexusgs430: 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2019
autologic:

Topping your oil is a indication that your engine is already wearing out and is not a sudden thing as you assumed,the issue has been there ever since.The wear and tear has degraded to the next level which is why u seeing white smoke .Since average Nigeria is reactive towards maintainance rather tthan proactive then no need trying to save the already split milk cos the engine is already on it way out ,just trying save towards getting another engine.

Some vtec engines drink oil, like puff puff soaks vegetable oil....... So that oil shortage might not be directly attributed to engine wearing out.......

2 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by dgitrader(m): 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Some vtec engines drink oil, like puff puff soaks vegetable oil....... So that oil shortage might not be directly attributed to engine wearing out.......
True talk!

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by ruby360: 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
Look for Resurs And do oil flush. It works like magic

1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by autologic: 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:

No reason for vtec to be drinking oil unless the seal is leaking ,and then what account for the engine Smoking if not piston ring issue or valve seal .
Appropriate Diagnosis will get to root of the issue if the op is willing to toe the right part or maybe he prefer parts throwing instead

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by abidemidare: 9:21am On Jul 15, 2019
I noticed it only smoke in the morning after rising the engine and stop after driving it.
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by abidemidare: 9:22am On Jul 15, 2019
ruby360:

Where can I get this bro?
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by AutoMoTech(m): 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2019
abidemidare:

Where can I get this bro?
Easy or cheap fix will not help you bro.
Get a competent mechanic to do a compression test (to identify if its an in-cylinder leak)
And then also check the valve guide seals for wear.
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by drasob: 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2019
autologic:

No reason for vtec to be drinking oil unless the seal is leaking ,and then what account for the engine Smoking if not piston ring issue or valve seal .
Appropriate Diagnosis will get to root of the issue if the op is willing to toe the right part or maybe he prefer parts throwing instead

08/09 J35's on the Accord burn oil. Known factory issue.
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by thebigkendo(m): 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

08/09 J35's on the Accord burn oil. Known factory default.

But no be smokie burn na..
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2019
thebigkendo:

But no be smokie burn na..

Yes, but initially OP realized that he was short on oil, hence topping it. Before the smoking started.
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by abidemidare: 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2019
Oil was leaking from top cylinder before, but v fixed it, it causes short of oil.
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by AutoMoTech(m): 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2019
abidemidare:
Oil was leaking from top cylinder before, but v fixed it, it causes short of oil.
So is it now fixed or u still have the problem?
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by AutoMoTech(m): 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
drasob:
Kia optima 2009 for sale

https://www.nairaland.com/5297211/kia-optima-2009#80288710
Thread was created to help get a NLers czr fixed. Bt u decided to come and advertise.... na wa for u o. Is it now difficult to creste ur thread dt u av to invade other ppls thread?
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by abidemidare: 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2019
Like I said, I noticed its only smoke when starting the engine in the morning, but stopped after driving it for long. What could be the problem?
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by abidemidare: 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2019
ruby360:

I bought it and didn't work
Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by abidemidare: 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2019
I later ringed the engine and is working fine now.

Thanks all for your advices.

God bless you all

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil by symbianDON(m): 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

08/09 J35's on the Accord burn oil. Known factory issue.
use VCM muzzler to solve the issue

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / Ruling On Tinted Glass / The Ten Coolest Car Keys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.