Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. (3880 Views)

No More Soakaway For Your Building / Building Of A Septic/soakaway In 13 Days - Photos / Septic Tank And Soakaway Construction Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 1:44am On Jul 14, 2019
I was given this quotation for the construction of two soakaways. I am thinking the quotation is too expensive to construct two Soakaways. I want builders in the house to help me find out if I am being overcharged or if I am unrealistic. I will upload the pictures of the two soakaways, so you can help me make a decision to approve the quotation. If you can construct soakaways and can give a better quote and do a good job, please let me know via this thread. Thanks.

Carpenter

Sunmil ( Whatever this means ) 20 pieces 1000 Naira each = 20,000 Naira
Bamboo 10 pieces 300 Naira each = 3000 Naira
Nail = 2000 Naira
2X4 wood 10 pieces 500 Naira each = 5000 Naira
Binding Wire = 2000 Naira
Carrier = 3000 Naira
Workmanship = 15,000 Naira.

Total for Carpenter is 50,000 Naira.

Iron Bender

Iron 12 mm - 12 Length Pieces 2600 Naira each = 31, 200 Naira
Binding Wire 3 Dozens @ 800 Naira each = 2400 Naira
Ring = 2000 Naira
Carrier = 3000 Naira
Workmanship = 10,000 Naira

Total for Iron Bender is 48, 600 Naira

Bricklayer

Blocks 150 pieces @ 200 Naira each = 30,000
Sharp Sand 1 Tipper = 35,000 Naira
Plaster Sand = 1 Tipper = 35,000 Naira
Cement 12 Bags @ 2700 each = 32, 400 Naira
Water 3 Tanks @ 3000 Naira each = 9000 Naira
Granite 5 Tons 35,000 Naira
workmanship = 30,000 Naira each

Total For Bricklayer is 206,400 Naira

Total amount to construct the Soakaways is 305,000 Naira. I feel this amount is too much. What do you think, house? Look at the pictures properly.If you have a better quote, let me have it cool cool cool. I am also thinking 150 blocks is too much for the soakaways. I also don't know why plaster sand should be used for a soakaway sad sad sad sad. I am not an engineer but I will do my best to answer your questions and I will appreciate your suggestions. I need urgent advice. Thank You.

Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by mufutau55(m): 2:03am On Jul 14, 2019
What are the sizes and how deep for the two?.
But on my personal observation, the cost is right.
You will need to plaster and deck the bigger one.

Hajji M.
Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 2:24am On Jul 14, 2019
@ Hajji M,

I don't know the actual sizes and depth size. But you can guage the depth and sizes via the pictures. I will try and get the sizes as soon as possible. However, do you think there is a need for plaster sand? And 1 tipper for that matter lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed? Hmn.
Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Cashmanbreeze: 2:30am On Jul 14, 2019
From the little I know;
Cement 2450
12mm - 2400
Sand - 8000

From this alone, somebody had opened office on your head
Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 2:39am On Jul 14, 2019
Cashmanbreeze:
From the little I know;
Cement 2450
12mm - 2400
Sand - 8000

@ Cashmanbreeze, are you sure of the prices you have quoted above? Location of the site is Ikorodu. Are you saying a tipper of sand is 8000 naira? Can you give a deeper analysis of the quote? Thanks.
Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by jgbemson1: 4:50am On Jul 14, 2019
U can actually source all this prices on your on compare with the one given to u

That how I did mine ..
You can call me for more advises on how to go about it

1 Like

Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by rotecch77(m): 6:37am On Jul 14, 2019
Cashmanbreeze:
From the little I know;
Cement 2450
12mm - 2400
Sand - 8000

This is how non professional mislead some people.
Where will you get cement at the rate of N2450. Plaster sand N8000, in ikorodu.

Cement is now btw 2550-2600
Sharp sand is btw 25 -30k
Plaster sand 10tonnes is btw 20-25k is even scarce to get in ikorodu presently now, i have ongoing 2 site project in this same ikorodu and i paid down payment for plastered sand for the past 10days ago i just got only one tipper yesterday out of the 2 i paid for.

3 Likes

Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by rotecch77(m): 6:43am On Jul 14, 2019
Redman44:
I was given this quotation for the construction of two soakaways. I am thinking the quotation is too expensive to construct two Soakaways. I want builders in the house to help me find out if I am being overcharged or if I am unrealistic. I will upload the pictures of the two soakaways, so you can help me make a decision to approve the quotation. If you can construct soakaways and can give a better quote and do a good job, please let me know via this thread. Thanks.

Carpenter

Sunmil ( Whatever this means ) 20 pieces 1000 Naira each = 20,000 Naira
Bamboo 10 pieces 300 Naira each = 3000 Naira
Nail = 2000 Naira
2X4 wood 10 pieces 500 Naira each = 5000 Naira
Binding Wire = 2000 Naira
Carrier = 3000 Naira
Workmanship = 15,000 Naira.

Total for Carpenter is 50,000 Naira.

Iron Bender

Iron 12 mm - 12 Length Pieces 2600 Naira each = 31, 200 Naira
Binding Wire 3 Dozens @ 800 Naira each = 2400 Naira
Ring = 2000 Naira
Carrier = 3000 Naira
Workmanship = 10,000 Naira

Total for Iron Bender is 48, 600 Naira

Bricklayer

Blocks 150 pieces @ 200 Naira each = 30,000
Sharp Sand 1 Tipper = 35,000 Naira
Plaster Sand = 1 Tipper = 35,000 Naira
Cement 12 Bags @ 2700 each = 32, 400 Naira
Water 3 Tanks @ 3000 Naira each = 9000 Naira
Granite 5 Tons 35,000 Naira
workmanship = 30,000 Naira each

Total For Bricklayer is 206,400 Naira

Total amount to construct the Soakaways is 305,000 Naira. I feel this amount is too much. What do you think, house? Look at the pictures properly.If you have a better quote, let me have it cool cool cool. I am also thinking 150 blocks is too much for the soakaways. I also don't know why plaster sand should be used for a soakaway sad sad sad sad. I am not an engineer but I will do my best to answer your questions and I will appreciate your suggestions. I need urgent advice. Thank You.

As a builder the quote is moderate talking from experience.
The only thing there is the quantity of the sand he can't finish the whole sand for this job , but the issue there is that there is now way he can get 5 tonnes tipper in that axis which the cost will be btw 15k or so, actually there will be a left over of the sand at site after he might have finished the job.

4 Likes

Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 7:37am On Jul 14, 2019
rotecch77:

As a builder the quote is moderate talking from experience.
The only thing there is the quantity of the sand he can't finish the whole sand for this job , but the issue there is that there is now way he can get 5 tonnes tipper in that axis which the cost will be btw 15k or so, actually there will be a left over of the sand at site after he might have finished the job.

@ Rocchtec77, thanks for your contribution. I was told the sand will have some left over, but can't sharp sand be used for the job alone? Why the need for plaster sand again? I don't just understand.
Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 7:44am On Jul 14, 2019
jgbemson1:
U can actually source all this prices on your on compare with the one given to u

That how I did mine ..
You can call me for more advises on how to go about it

@jgbemson1, thanks for your advice. Can I have your whatsapp number, please? Thank you. Where can we source the materials at a cheaper price in the Ikorodu area? Do you think the quotation I was given for the construction of the soakaways is reasonable or exploitative? Look at the quotation again and please let me know the flaws in it. Thanks.
Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by jgbemson1: 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
Here is my number 07066661158 I will be expecting your call
Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Cindino20(m): 8:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
Redman44:
@ Hajji M,

I don't know the actual sizes and depth size. But you can guage the depth and sizes via the pictures. I will try and get the sizes as soon as possible. However, do you think there is a need for plaster sand? And 1 tipper for that matter lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed? Hmn.

you dont know the depth of the soakaway in your own house and u re expecting someone else to guage it with pictures cheesy cheesy cheesy

without the dimension and the information about the site,no one can comment on the quote you ve up there.

If you ve doubts about the materials buy them yourself and just pay for workmanship whatever is left you use for other stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 11:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
Cindino20:

you dont know the depth of the soakaway in your own house and u re expecting someone else to guage it with pictures cheesy cheesy cheesy

without the dimension and the information about the site,no one can comment on the quote you ve up there.

If you ve doubts about the materials buy them yourself and just pay for workmanship whatever is left you use for other stuffs.

I am not physically on ground at the moment. That is why I can't measure the depth of the soakaways myself. I will get the measurement done before the week runs out. But what do you think about the whole quotation, sir. Thanks.
Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by oloko1859(m): 11:59pm On Jul 14, 2019
Cashmanbreeze:
From the little I know;
Cement 2450
12mm - 2400
Sand - 8000

in my location
sand (10tons) - 12k - 15k
20tons - 32k - 35k
cement - 2,700

the only shop they may open is to quote extra .materials for their own gain, best way to checkmate is to buy blocks & cement in batches. I also feel a 20tons plaster sand is too much except if it will be used for other things

2 Likes

Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 1:35am On Jul 15, 2019
oloko1859:

in my location
sand (10tons) - 12k - 15k
20tons - 32k - 35k
cement - 2,700

the only shop they may open is to quote extra .materials for their own gain, best way to checkmate is to buy blocks & cement in batches. I also feel a 20tons plaster sand is too much except if it will be used for other things

@ Oloko1859, which location are you? Please let me know. I appreciate your contribution. How many tons of sharp sand do you think can be used for this job? I concur about the price of the cement. Cement is 2700 Naira per bag in Ikorodu axis. I'm talking about Dangote Cement. And then, is there a need for plaster sand to construct the Soakaways? Can't they use sharp sand alone. I don't know much about construction, but is granite always used in making Soakaways? I have a lot of questions about this quote. I need more contributions from builders and forum members smiley smiley smiley smiley. Thanks.
Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by oloko1859(m): 9:50am On Jul 15, 2019
Redman44:

@ Oloko1859, which location are you? Please let me know. I appreciate your contribution. How many tons of sharp sand do you think can be used for this job? I concur about the price of the cement. Cement is 2700 Naira per bag in Ikorodu axis. I'm talking about Dangote Cement. And then, is there a need for plaster sand to construct the Soakaways? Can't they use sharp sand alone. I don't know much about construction, but is granite always used in making Soakaways? I have a lot of questions about this quote. I need more contributions from builders and forum members smiley smiley smiley smiley. Thanks.

I'm in Lagos and work around various areas there, that's why I quoted the range of prices we get. Plaster sand is used for the walls and the granite is to be used for the slab

1 Like

Re: Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by ITbomb(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2020

(1) (Reply)

MAVERICK ESTATE GBAGADA, 1 PLOT LEFT. FASTEST FINGER! / Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned / Duplex For Sale In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.