Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,019 members, 7,835,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Why Your Current Home Is No More A Home - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Your Current Home Is No More A Home (447 Views)

Roofing sheets: Current prices of all roofing sheets in Nigeria 2023 / Most Current Prices For Original Long Lasting Turkey Doors / Most Current Promotional Prices For Top Quality New Zealand Stone Coated Roof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Your Current Home Is No More A Home by Adelakstaichi(m): 9:43am On Jul 14, 2019
Sometime in January 2018, the Lagos State government commenced a major BRT LANE project from Tollgate to Oshodi and the outcome of that project so far has caused a major inconvenience for Lagosians especially those working at ikeja. Traffic that could last 3 hours which has turned a 30 minute journey to a 4 hour journey. Lagosians are tired and really are confused on what to do.

However, in life, I believe planning is the most important aspect of a man's life. If our government could not plan their projects well, we citizens should have done better. Most Lagosians obviously including the government did not envisage how this will affect the citizens. This is because if Lagosians had done a critical thinking, we should have seen that our CURRENT HOME IS NO MORE A HOME.

I believe a home should be a place of relaxation. A place where you are eager to go to.
A place that is within reach and easy access.

Based on that definition, I believe every commuter from tollgate to Oshodi no longer lives in a home. That is why it is not too late to make a decision to find your new home and plan accordingly.

How?

One location very few people have exploited in Lagos is Ibeju-lekki and I believe is the new home for any forward looking Nigerian.

Ibejulekki is becoming a major business hub in Africa and it currently houses four major internationally recognized and patronized business opportunities in the world today.

Look into the future and you will see your current home is not a home especially not with the stress you go through everyday in traffic. You have the power to plan the next 30 years of your life by finding your new home.

Don't think it's okay if you spend 3 hours in that traffic everyday for the next 25 years just because you want to keep that job. Because that is not even guaranteed.

However, you can plan for the future. Think of how you can get a better comfort from your next job?

How?
Develop your capacity for your next Job/business opportunity

Be focused on that goal and give yourself a deadline to achieve that goal that will bring an end to your current challenge.
Invest in your new home by getting a landed property closer to your target job/business location

But HOW?

Think Ibeju-lekki

Always here to cheer you on because Nigerians deserve a better life in Nigeria
Re: Why Your Current Home Is No More A Home by KIDfurniture(m): 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
Lagos with Traffic...you can get robbed inside that same traffic.. I have seen people doze off inside that same traffic... I can only visit lagos on a business visa only.. or perhaps i can get a job that i can do from home only.. like an I.T tech guy.. Design website, manage them, you know basically something you stay on your pc and deliver various services to clients..
Re: Why Your Current Home Is No More A Home by Adelakstaichi(m): 7:24pm On Jul 29, 2019
KIDfurniture:
Lagos with Traffic...you can get robbed inside that same traffic.. I have seen people doze off inside that same traffic... I can only visit lagos on a business visa only.. or perhaps i can get a job that i can do from home only.. like an I.T tech guy.. Design website, manage them, you know basically something you stay on your pc and deliver various services to clients..
Baba you are right and if you want to live in Lagos, think Ibeju Lekki, the new frontiers of development in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Why Your Current Home Is No More A Home by KIDfurniture(m): 6:22am On Jul 31, 2019
what about the flooding issue?

Adelakstaichi:

Baba you are right and if you want to live in Lagos, think Ibeju Lekki, the new frontiers of development in Lagos
Re: Why Your Current Home Is No More A Home by SaintChukz(m): 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2019
KIDfurniture:
what about the flooding issue?

lipsrsealed He definitely has no response to that one.
Re: Why Your Current Home Is No More A Home by Adelakstaichi(m): 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2019
SaintChukz:

lipsrsealed He definitely has no response to that one.
Bro, there are solutions to every challenges of life. Flooding will not be an issue in Ibeju Lekki. Good drainage system are part of the responsibility of the Lagos State Government. Which is why the Government is equal to the task ahead but they won't move until we move. Look closely at the major developments of areas in Lagos, the government only move when people begin to exploit new territories. One man is putting almost 60 billion dollars in one area in Ibeju Lekki for a refinery that will produce 650,000 barrels of oil per day and the only problem someone else can see is FLOODING ISSUE, the rich don't see a problem, instead they see opportunities grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Mowe Land,Northbrooks Estate For Sale Opp Redeem Camp...N3.5m/Plot with C of O / 4bedroom Semi-detached Duplex House With BQ For Sale In Lekki Lagos Nigeria / I Want To Buy Inverter That Could Power My Room.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.