Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Featuring Bobrisky In Movies Akin To Celebrating Mediocrity – Fidelis Duker - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Featuring Bobrisky In Movies Akin To Celebrating Mediocrity – Fidelis Duker (411 Views)

Rita Dominic & Her Husband Fidelis Anosike Got Dramatic On Her 47th Birthday.... / Pregnant Rita Dominic’s Bridal Shower As She's Set To Marry Fidelis Anosike / Pre-wedding Photos Of Rita Dominic And Fidelis Anosike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Featuring Bobrisky In Movies Akin To Celebrating Mediocrity – Fidelis Duker by Oyinsblog(m): 11:27am On Jul 14, 2019
Filmmaker and organiser of the Abuja International Film Festival, Fidelis Duker, is not happy that popular cross dresser, Idris Okuneye, aka Bobrisky, is being featured in Nigerian films. He stated that much on his social media page during the week.

Clarifying his position in a chat with Sunday Scoop, Duker said, “We should not glamourise such things. We have children who are growing. As a father, these are not the kinds of things I want my children to learn. It is alien to our culture. I don’t see any reason why a man would dress like a woman. Some people defend him and say he is only ‘acting’, but as for me, it’s not appropriate.

“For those who have featured him (Bobrisky) in their movies, they are only exploiting his popularity, especially on social media. They are not using him because he is a fantastic actor. It’s not good enough that we celebrate mediocrity. There are a lot of cases of rape and other vices now, and it is because of things like this. We need to understand that our moral values are very important to us. I expect that the movie industry should be a platform where morals, values and ethics should be the focal points. Unfortunately, what you find in most of the films is that they celebrate immorality.”

Read more at: https://justofofo.com.ng/featuring-bobrisky-in-movies-akin-to-celebrating-mediocrity-fidelis-duker/

Re: Featuring Bobrisky In Movies Akin To Celebrating Mediocrity – Fidelis Duker by EbukaHades10(m): 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
Where I gave up on Nigerian movies was when i watched the Ghost and the tout where bobrisky didn't say more than 20 to 30 words in that movie.

I was like

Re: Featuring Bobrisky In Movies Akin To Celebrating Mediocrity – Fidelis Duker by Onyi22(f): 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hhh
Re: Featuring Bobrisky In Movies Akin To Celebrating Mediocrity – Fidelis Duker by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:
How many times will this issue be discussed.
The spiritual controls the physical. Whenever there's a loss in the physical, there's a corresponding attack in the spiritual realms.
Good Morning FAMily, Happy Sunday To You All! Oya Read my signature

And how many times will you tell us that thing you keep posting everytime?

Ehn? Nonsense and your signature angry

(1) (Reply)

After lavishing N1M, Shoki Shitta pleads to Davido to fund him again. Video / Google Honour Nigeria Novelist Buchi Emecheta With Google Doddle / Watch Sweet Moment Mr Eazi & Girlfriend; Temi Otedola Pepper Fans On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.