Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets (7426 Views)

Billions Of Naira Stashed In Wike, Ganduje, Matawalle's Home - Sahara Reporters / Naira Redesign: 3 Governors Under Our Radar Over Stashed Cash – EFCC Chair / Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Nkemakonam62: 5:59am On Jul 15, 2019
The Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has said Nigeria accounts for the bulk of Africa’s $90 billion assets stashed abroad yearly. It regretted that the continent never received the same amount in aid from development partners in 12 months.ICPC Chairman, Prof. Bolaji Owosanoye, at an African Union (AU) event in Bauchi, lamented that the citizens suffer one denial or the other on account of graft.

Represented by the ICPC commissioner in the state, Abubakar Dutsinma, he said tax fraud and illicit financial flow investigations were also being conducted by the commission as well as prosecution of corruption and money laundering. He hinted that efforts were geared towards the recovery of stolen wealth for Nigeria’s transformation.

The ICPC boss said: “Millions of Nigerians suffering denial of basic social services and lack of infrastructures such as hospitals, schools, water and employment will receive succor when stolen assets are recovered.“When you return stolen wealth to the original owner in a way that obviously makes the concealment of same difficult at all times, there is less controversy in corruption fight, future perpetrators are prevented from such evil enterprise while the common people that were made poor by activities of thieves get to rejoice and bask in general prosperity.”

However, a non-governmental organization, United Global Resolve For Peace (UGRFP), has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to take the fight against corruption to government-owned institutions. The group was reacting to last week’s Transparency International (TI) survey which rated the police, parliament and judiciary as the most corrupt establishments in Nigeria.

The study was titled: “Global Corruption Barometer Africa 2019: Citizens’ Views and Experience on Corruption.” The global agency noted that graft was a major barrier to economic growth, good governance and basic freedoms.UGRFP made the reservations through its Executive Director, Shalom Olaseni.

Besides, the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has identified self-discipline as most essential ingredient in the fight against graft and other vices. He made the submission at the weekend in Ibadan when the commission led thousands of residents of the ancient city in a fitness walk/physical exercise. The Ibadan Zonal Head of the anti-graft body, Friday Ebelo, drew the link between regular physical exercise and the ability to tackle corruption.The walk was third in the series.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/nigeria-accounts-for-bulk-of-africas-90.html

Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by makdcash(m): 6:32am On Jul 15, 2019
Even though they return all the looted money to nigeria,our politiefcian will still reloot it to their private accounts.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by dante0147: 6:42am On Jul 15, 2019
makdcash:
Even though they return all the looted money to nigeria,our politiefcian will still reloot it to their private accounts.

Lol its called loot recycling! Whereby you steal and they catch you and the catcher steals it and keeps it.. like that like that grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by ainas247: 6:55am On Jul 15, 2019
sad Sometime I just got tired of the people ruling us, all of them..
and EFCC wont see these people

Rank your business on Google/ YouTube fast
check result in my profile and act fast

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Kreamie(m): 6:55am On Jul 15, 2019
All we see are figures. They never manifest in infrastructure. cry

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Injiggerwolf(m): 6:56am On Jul 15, 2019
cry
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by ednut1(m): 6:56am On Jul 15, 2019
Death penalty is needed for all looters.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Topsodesupport: 6:56am On Jul 15, 2019
It's an impoverished mind that would stash up cash abroad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by johnkay1(m): 6:57am On Jul 15, 2019
Great record
Keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Forreellinc: 6:59am On Jul 15, 2019
grin yay! Achievement
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 15, 2019
When military generals can move millions

Right under saint buhari. What is 90b

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by AleAirHub(m): 7:00am On Jul 15, 2019
Indeed Nigerians are enemy of ourselves.

Shithole angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by chinavs9ja(m): 7:00am On Jul 15, 2019
angry

I am a website designer and developer...check my signature
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by YoungLionken(m): 7:01am On Jul 15, 2019
Nigeria under PMB is in deep shit...
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by donprinyo(m): 7:02am On Jul 15, 2019
Nonsense talk, we know what is at play in dis country.
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 15, 2019
That's right.
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by donprinyo(m): 7:06am On Jul 15, 2019
Clickwap:
Good morning. I am a 300 level student of the university of Ibadan and i am in need of financial assistance. I need the sum of #30000 to pay my school fees as i am financially incapable to do so and the deadline for payment is this week. Please I will like to call on everyone to assist me.
Bank: Zenith
Account Number: 2117245329
Thank you.

Online beggar spotted pls help him out if u can. APC come bail am out
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by lonelydora: 7:08am On Jul 15, 2019
Nigerians are too corrupt. And that's why we can't move forward as a country. Not only in Government organizations, the corruption in Private sectors are worse than what we see in government sector.

Why stash cash abroad? This is the only reason I hated how James Ibori, former govenor of Delta State, was treated. He is the only politician that stole and re-invested it in Nigeria. At least, he gave many jobless Nigerians little hope of living.
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Hungry4sex(f): 7:15am On Jul 15, 2019
Nigeria needs to do like America and create and environment for the looters to enjoy their loot inside Nigeria. That way they will indirectly help the economy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by eddieguru(m): 7:15am On Jul 15, 2019
makdcash:
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy....you got me rolling on the floor
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Hehemods: 7:16am On Jul 15, 2019
Nice one
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2019
grin
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Dredgemaster(m): 7:17am On Jul 15, 2019
donprinyo:

Online beggar spotted pls help him out if u can. APC come bail am out
. No need for insults, if you can't help don't discourage those that can pls. Good morning
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by donprinyo(m): 7:21am On Jul 15, 2019
Dredgemaster:
. No need for insults, if you can't help don't discourage those that can pls. Good morning
What a shame? Where am from its a shameful thing to ask strangers for money. Try it and see how ur life will change for beta. Go and hustle.
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 15, 2019
unless the death penalty is pronounced on looters,

the shithole remains doomed!
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Dredgemaster(m): 7:25am On Jul 15, 2019
donprinyo:

What a shame? Where am from its a shameful thing to ask strangers for money. Try it and see how ur life will change for beta. Go and hustle.
. Where I'm from, it's a privilege to be able to help, try it and see how it feels
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by helinues: 7:26am On Jul 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets by Firefire(m): 7:28am On Jul 15, 2019
With Abacha loot alone 40% of the fund

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Adjourns Suit To Disqualify Atiku From Presidential Race / ELLL P ...71...ELLL P ...72...: Who Are These Men Bikonu. See House Oo / Dana Memorial Event - Live Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.