Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite (1241 Views)

Photo Of Jonathan And Datti Ahmed / Throwback Picture Of Jonathan Campaigning In Akwaibom In 2015. / Shehu Sani Reacts To Buhari’s Appraisal Of Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by Cantonese: 11:09am On Jul 15, 2019
Politics and power are about interests, wealth and position. This is very true especially as it concerns our country.

When he conceeded victory to President Buhari, ex president Jonathan stated that his desire to remain in power as a president was not worth the blood of any Nigerian.

He was labelled a coward, a thief, a useless and visionless leader and therefore must leave. Obasanjo, Pastor Bakare, Atiku Abubakar, Saraki, etc all worked for his removal. Most of those who decamped from PDP to join Buhari have lost out in the power game. So just like Jonathan they have become 'powerless' men and women

Very myopic Nigerians did not know that it all centered on power play. Truly there was massive looting and decay in many areas. Today we see Dasuki a northerner still in detention because of embezzlement, shortchanging the military and power play.

Can we truly say that this country has moved forward since 2015? From all the indexes of Transparency international and other such organizations, Nigeria has somehow been retrogessing.

Jonathan was accused of not doing anything about boko harm, but it was proven that his efforts were always sabotaged by powerful forces even in the north. Today even the basic needs of victims of insurgency in the IDP camps are looted withour fear by the so called custodians. The cain used to flog the old wife has been in active service flogging the new wife. Corruption has gone clearly beyond PDP/Jonathan and is seeming highly uncontrollable now.

Before now we thought that all robbery attacks on the highway were carried out by 'ordinary' armed robbers. Now we can no longer differentiate between an 'ordinary' armed robber and and herdsman armed robber. If truly herdsmen have been attacking people in the southwest is it not possibly an indication that the police/army made the northern areas difficult for them to operate?
Before making the Southwest roads their attack zone, the Benin bypass was a nightmare. Clearly herdsmen would run out of the bushes around in the day and in the night to attack travellers on that road. We have not been helped by some very inflammatory comments by powerful politicians like gov El Rufai.

The South west politicians in their greed for political power ensured that Jonathan was sacked. They rejoiced over their 'victory' and part of their prizes today is terror on their highways and farmlands. Their mouths must remain in the condition of shiii or shut up as it is called. But come to think about it, who can claim that the attackers are herdsmen 100%. Can armed robbers not disguise as herdsmen to attack?

Remember the proverb 'he who brings firewood full of ants invites the lizard as his guest'.

I am not an advocate for Jonathan, but rather I am an advocate for good governance, progress and a peaceful nation.

With the way it is going in this nation today will it not be right to think that some people are saying 'had I known'?

By now too Jonathan would be lauging his head off and saying 'na una sabi'. He can also be saying 'what goes around comes around'.

4 Likes

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by adecz: 11:10am On Jul 15, 2019
Na so...

But no worry,
everything will be corrected in the

neXt level grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by YorubaHero12: 11:14am On Jul 15, 2019
Why can’t you guy just accept Jonathan was a failure and a total disaster, a president where Boko Haram flourished and turned Nigeria to a killing field, corruption was made a household name and people are stealing with impunity. The decision to vote him out is the best decision to make at that point in time.

Buhari also is currently a disaster, a failure and his government also turned Nigeria to a killing field with the issue of the Fulani herdsmen.

So stop trying to paint Jonathan like a saint or the messiah, both him and Buhari are bird of a feather.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by psucc(m): 11:15am On Jul 15, 2019
The individual trauma each is going through is rewarding

1 Like

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by Born2Breed(f): 11:33am On Jul 15, 2019
Make una leave Jonathan...all next level Crusaders will be Victims of herdsmen.

3 Likes

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by PatriotTemidayo: 11:41am On Jul 15, 2019
YorubaHero12:
Why can’t you guy just accept Jonathan was a failure and a total disaster, a president where Boko Haram flourished and turned Nigeria to a killing field, corruption was made a household name and people are stealing with impunity. The decision to vote him out is the best decision to make at that point in time.

Buhari also is currently a disaster, a failure and his government also turned Nigeria to a killing field with the issue of the Fulani herdsmen.

So stop trying to paint Jonathan like a saint or the messiah, both him and Buhari are bird of a feather.

By what we see, feel and are exposed to today, Jonathan was light years ahead and far better than Buhari.

The best any sensible human being can do is to admit the truth before seeking solutions.

Jonathan was far better.

Mind you, I am Yoruba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by Robisky001(m): 11:49am On Jul 15, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Like the Op alluded, Jona had is own shortcomings and showed zeal to make things right. Unlike this vegetable up there who doesn't give a f**k about human lives.

3 Likes

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by YorubaHero12: 11:53am On Jul 15, 2019
Robisky001:
Like the Op alluded, Jona had is own shortcomings and showed zeal to make things right. Unlike this vegetable up there who doesn't give a f**k about human lives.

And Jonathan gave a f**k about people that were killed by Boko haram. Chibok kidnap happened and a whole President only took action after couple of days. UN Office bombing in Abuja and a host of other killings.

Let me tell you bro, both Buhari and Jonathan are clueless, infact this present Nigeria system of governance can never benefit us. We all just keep taking sides and trying to flex muscle meanwhile this country need total overhaul of the democratic settings

3 Likes

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by oyatz(m): 11:58am On Jul 15, 2019
Even you too or your loved ones may also be victims of kidnappers, Boko Haram or Herdsmen.

Insecurity is a problem to ALL Nigerians. I am sure Pa Fasorantin and his household never supported or voted for Buhari.
Sen Ishiaku Abbo and his family are strong PDP members but his Uncle has just been killed and his step mother adopted.

Born2Breed:
Make una leave Jonathan...all next level Crusaders will be Victims of herdsmen.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by YorubaHero12: 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2019
PatriotTemidayo:

By what we see, feel and are exposed to today, Jonathan was light years ahead and far better than Buhari.

The best any sensible human being can do is to admit the truth before seeking solutions.

Jonathan was far better.

Mind you, I am Yoruba.

How exactly is he light year ahead? What achievement did we make as a country during Jonathan’s era?

What capital projects did he undertook for almost 6years he used in the position of the presidency.

Did you know the people in the NE are dying in their thousands and Jonathan was not able to contain the security situation. We in the south are all clamoring for security due to the Fulani herdsmen, imagine what the NE went through in the hands of Boko Haram and the constant bombing that took place in that area.

Let us stop comparing failure to failure, Jonathan was a failure and the decision of Nigerians to vote him out them was borne out of patriotism, what I don’t seems to understand was how Buhari was voted for the second term. We shouldn’t have given Buhari another chance coz he’s totally clueless also and too docile.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by oyatz(m): 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
Families of the victims of Christmas Day bomb blast at Madalla, Nyanya Bustop bomb blast, relatives of tens of MASSOB members killed &thrown into a river and the parents of the over 100 students of Government College, Buni Yadi that were burnt to death by B'Haram won't think Jonathan was trying to control anything.

Robisky001:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by FarahAideed: 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Jonathan is still far better than Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by Rolings: 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2019
Cantonese:

Can we truly say that this country has moved forward since 2015? From all the indexes of Transparency international and other such organizations, Nigeria has somehow been retrogessing.

stopped reading here because you are not even sure of what you are writing , you are allowing your emotions take over your ability to reason very well......waste of time reading a trash write up

1 Like

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by YorubaHero12: 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

Jonathan is still far better than Buhari
Everyone just keep saying Jonathan was far better than Buhari, please how? What exactly did Jonathan government achieved? I just don’t want to give number of scores of thousands that died over insecurity in the NE during his presidency.

Let’s be honest, if bombing were taking place in the south (Lagos, Ibadan,Enugu, Anambra, Benin, Delta e.t.c.) and people are dying in their number, will you support returning the president?? Please reply in all honesty.

We are abusing Buhari now because of the deteriorating security and people are clamoring that he is a failure, what we are re-echoing now was the same thing we did during Jonathan’s era.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by FarahAideed: 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Everyone just keep saying Jonathan was far better than Buhari, please how? What exactly did Jonathan government achieved? I just don’t want to give number of scores of thousands that dies over insecurity in the NE.

Let’s be honest, if bombing were taking place in the south and people are dying in their number, will you support returning the president?? Please reply I’m all honesty.

We are abusing Buhari now because of the deteriorating security and people are clamoring that he is a failure, what we are re-echoing now was the same thing we did during Jonathan’s era.

Buhari has turned Nigeria into the multi dimensional poverty capital of the world .

More people have died due to violence under the Buhari govt than Jonathan govt .

Corruption is worse under the Buhari got than Jonathan ( you can check transparency international ranking)

Human rights abuse is worse under Buhari than Jonathan .

Inflation is worse under Buhari than Jonathan .

Standard of living big Nigerians is worse under Buhari than Jonathan. .

So don't try to make it look like two of them are the same even though Jonathans govt performance was very poor compared to Buhari he did far far better

2 Likes

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by YorubaHero12: 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

Buhari has turned Nigeria into the multi dimensional poverty capital of the world .

More people have died due to violence under the Buhari govt than Jonathan govt .

Corruption is worse under the Buhari got than Jonathan ( you can check transparency international ranking)

Human rights abuse is worse under Buhari than Jonathan .

Inflation is worse under Buhari than Jonathan .

Standard of living big Nigerians is worse under Buhari than Jonathan. .

So don't try to make it look like two of them are the same even though Jonathans govt performance was very poor compared to Buhari he did far far better

Well what you said might be subjective coz some of the points are contradictory. You haven’t even told me why Jonathan was the messiah, what exactly did Jonathan achieved?

What capital project of national importance did he embarked on, we’ve seen a lot of money recovered from his administration as corruption proceeds, even his wife was not left out. They stole almost everything.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying Buhari is better or even an option, what I’m saying is that both of them are failures. Stop trying to defend Jonathan and making him look like he was a messiah, they are both clueless, and failure is not a measure of how much a person fails, a failure is a failure.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by FarahAideed: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Well what you said might be subjective coz some of the points are contradictory. You haven’t even told me why Jonathan was the messiah, what exactly did Jonathan achieved?

What capital project of national importance did he embarked on, we’ve seen a lot of money recovered from his administration as corruption proceeds, even his wife was not left out. They stole almost everything.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying Buhari is better or even an option, what I’m saying is that both of them are failures. Stop trying to defend Jonathan and making him look like he was a messiah, they are both clueless, and failure is not a measure of how much a person fails, a failure is a failure.

Where did I say Jonathan was a Messiah ? Jonathan failed and that was I didn't vote for him in 2015 and instead opted to vote for Buhari which today I term one of my worst mistakes in life ever ..Buhari is the worst Nigerian president ever ever ever

2 Likes

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by Born2Breed(f): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2019
oyatz:
Even you too or your loved ones may also be victims of kidnappers, Boko Haram or Herdsmen.

Insecurity is a problem to ALL Nigerians. I am sure Pa Fasorantin and his household never supported or voted for Buhari.
Sen Ishiaku Abbo and his family are strong PDP members but his Uncle has just been killed and his step mother adopted.

What is this one saying? Abeg park well.

1 Like

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by 7lives: 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
oyatz:
Families of the victims of Christmas Day bomb blast at Madalla, Nyanya Bustop bomb blast, relatives of tens of MASSOB members killed &thrown into a river and the parents of the over 100 students of Government College, Buni Yadi that were burnt to death by B'Haram won't think Jonathan was trying to control anything.

Guy take it easy, you dey vex gan ni o.
Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by ruggedtimi(m): 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2019
Cantonese:
Politics and power are about interests, wealth and position. This is very true especially as it concerns our country.

When he conceeded victory to President Buhari, ex president Jonathan stated that his desire to remain in power as a president was not worth the blood of any Nigerian.

He was labelled a coward, a thief, a useless and visionless leader and therefore must leave. Obasanjo, Pastor Bakare, Atiku Abubakar, Saraki, etc all worked for his removal. Most of those who decamped from PDP to join Buhari have lost out in the power game. So just like Jonathan they have become 'powerless' men and women

Very myopic Nigerians did not know that it all centered on power play. Truly there was massive looting and decay in many areas. Today we see Dasuki a northerner still in detention because of embezzlement, shortchanging the military and power play.

Jonathan was accused of not doing anything about boko harm, but it was proven that his efforts were always sabotaged by powerful forces even in the north. Today even the basic needs of victims of insurgency in the IDP camps are looted withour fear by the so called custodians. The cain used to flog the old wife has been in active service flogging the new wife. Corruption has gone clearly beyond PDP/Jonathan and is seeming highly uncontrollable now.

Before now we thought that all robbery attacks on the highway were carried out by 'ordinary' armed robbers. Now we can no longer differentiate between an 'ordinary' armed robber and and herdsman armed robber. If truly herdsmen have been attacking people in the southwest is it not possibly an indication that the police/army made the northern areas difficult for them to operate?
Before making the Southwest roads their attack zone, the Benin bypass was a nightmare. Clearly herdsmen would run out of the bushes around in the day and in the night to attack travellers on that road. We have not been helped by some very inflammatory comments by powerful politicians like gov El Rufai.

The South west politicians in their greed for political power ensured that Jonathan was sacked. They rejoiced over their 'victory' and part of their prizes today is terror on their highways and farmlands. Their mouths must remain in the condition of shiii or shut up as it is called. But come to think about it, who can claim that the attackers are herdsmen 100%. Can armed robbers not disguise as herdsmen to attack?

Remember the proverb 'he who brings firewood full of ants invites the lizard as his guest'.

I am not an advocate for Jonathan, but rather I am an advocate for good governance, progress and a peaceful nation.

With the way it is going in this nation today will it not be right to think that some people are saying 'had I known'?

By now too Jonathan would be lauging his head off and saying 'na una sabi'. He can also be saying 'what goes around comes around'.
Jonathan allowed diezani to loot this country dry..Both men are failures
Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by Lightening: 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
YorubaHero12:

And Jonathan gave a f**k about people that were killed by Boko haram. Chibok kidnap happened and a whole President only took action after couple of days. UN Office bombing in Abuja and a host of other killings.

Let me tell you bro, both Buhari and Jonathan are clueless, infact this present Nigeria system of governance can never benefit us. We all just keep taking sides and trying to flex muscle meanwhile this country need total overhaul of the democratic settings

Which country needs overhaul? No allow Tinubu catch you there.

1 Like

Re: Rejection Of Jonathan/regret Of Southwest Elite by oyatz(m): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
What I am saying is that the insecurity in the Country can affect ANYBODY irrespective of the parties they support or their ethnicity.

#So many FULANI have also become victims of the inscurity.

Born2Breed:

What is this one saying? Abeg park well.

(1) (Reply)

OBJ Came To Kaduna To See Ahmed Joda Who’s Not Well / BOKOHARAM Is Just Respecting Buhari. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.