Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) (37137 Views)

Revisiting Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter To Her Father (OBJ) In December 2013 / PDP Reacts To Obasanjo’s Open Letter, Warns Buhari / Why Service Chiefs Were At Buhari’s 2019 Next Level Campaign Launch – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by Odetokun3(m): 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
nwakaibe:
FROM THE ARCHIVES: CHINUA ACHEBE'S LETTER TO OBASANJO (2004)

My Dear President Obasanjo,

I write this letter with a very heavy heart. For some time now I have watched events in Nigeria with alarm and dismay. I have watched particularly the chaos in my own state of Anambra where a small clique of renegades, openly boasting its connections in high places, seems determined to turn my homeland into a bankrupt and lawless fiefdom. I am appalled by the brazenness of this clique and the silence, if not connivance, of the Presidency.

Forty three years ago, at the first anniversary of Nigeria’s independence I was given the first Nigerian National Trophy for Literature. In 1979, I received two further honors – the Nigerian National Order of Merit and the Order of the Federal Republic – and in 1999 the first National Creativity Award.

I accepted all these honors fully aware that Nigeria was not perfect; but I had a strong belief that we would outgrow our shortcomings under leaders committed to uniting our diverse peoples.

Nigeria’s condition today under your watch is, however, too dangerous for silence. I must register my disappointment and protest by declining to accept the high honor awarded me in the 2004 Honors List.

Yours faithfully,

Chinua Achebe
Annandale-on-Hudson, New York

Where is Obasanjo's reply to the above letter?

Chinua is not an ex president
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
capitalzero:

pdp failure should not be an excuse of voting a notorious and nepotist leader in name of change

Nigerians felt there was no better alternative. That was the reason for APC. They wanted anything but Jonathan. Jonathan's government and his predecessors stole Nigeria dry. It's just that the reckless embezzlement got much of media attention during Jonathan era.

No one knows the extent this ones in power are eating their own yam until ousted by opposition party....
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by Funkybabee(f): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
oh ma ga ooo..what a nation!!

the money we supposed to used for eating is what they are using for war machinery.. how's this going to help us reduce the rate of unemployment and poverty
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by ultimateprof: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2019
OBJ brought us to this end, let him face the music.
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by joshepade(m): 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
A stitch in time saves nine, goes the old wise saying.
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by capitalzero: 2:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
Captaintimex:

Nigerians felt there was no better alternative. That was the reason for APC. They wanted anything but Jonathan. Jonathan's government and his predecessors stole Nigeria dry. It's just that the reckless embezzlement got much of media attention during Jonathan era.

No one knows the extent this ones in power are eating their own yam until ousted by opposition party....

nepotism is worst form of corruption. I agree GEJ was pathologically corrupt but presenting buhari was grave mistake and nation may not recover from coming disaster in our generation.
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
capitalzero:

nepotism is worst form of corruption. I agree GEJ was pathologically corrupt but presenting buhari was grave mistake and nation may not recover from coming disaster in our generation.

Very true
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by emmangrace: 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2019
bid4rich:
Let someone help him read and summarise to him, maybe in Hausa language because the last one has no effect
As far as I am concern writing only letter is useless. If OBJ truly love his country as elder stateman he should make some moves beyond writing letter and waiting for the worst to happen. He suppose hold meeting with people of like passion may be retired generals to seek possible solution and consequently meet with the president to table their possible solutions. He should expend his energy on how to be responsible as elder stateman rather than expending his energy, times and resources on how to ridicule his own country. To me he is not helping situation.
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by Peaceagain: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
If our president cannot take criticisms, then he is not fit to be a leader. He should address all issues raised to save us from this mess..
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
If you read this letter and say ill of OBJ, then it won't be well with you and your linage.

Buhari is running this country into the ground. It must be said.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by Onlyonebuhari: 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2019
He wrote letter to Abdulsalam, Babangida, Yar’Adua, Jonathan and now Muhammadu Buhari. But when OBJ is faced with reality, he called it fooling opinions. No one is good in his presence except him......$16bn spent on power by him with resultant darkness. Only a fool will associate with a man that can't point to a single achievement in office for 8 years.
He can boost of a world class library yet Sango Ota can't boost of any tarred road.
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
Onlyonebuhari:
He wrote letter to Abdulsalam, Babangida, Yar’Adua, Jonathan and now Muhammadu Buhari. But when OBJ is faced with reality, he called it fooling opinions. No one is good in his presence except him......$16bn spent on power by him with resultant darkness. Only a fool will associate with a man that can't point to a single achievement in office for 8 years.
He can boost of a world class library yet Sango Ota can't boost of any tarred road.
So his letter is paining you
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by OfficialSam(m): 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2019
Following
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by Emmapunpy(m): 9:19pm On Jul 16, 2019
comprehensive enough for any reasonable human to look into and digest.
but all I have grown to understand about our national leaders is that,they like applying #medicineafterdeath approach.
ay Almighty save our nation
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by Tex42(m): 11:09pm On Jul 16, 2019
articulate piece by OBJ. bad news is, old man can't/doesn't read according to one of his ministers.

May be El rufai would have to travel from Kaduna to the villa to read and interpret OBJ's letter to Mr. president.
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by MetaPhysical: 12:00am On Jul 17, 2019
Let's not get lost in the euphoria of the letter but we must concern ourselves on the tasks outlined for President Buhari by Baba Obasanjo.

A summary of the letter is that Nigeria cannot last much longer in the way it is trending and the President must quickly congregate eminent stakeholders around the country for input on what everyone wants.

In effect, saying a renegotiation of the union is the only safety net left to halt Nigeria's drift into its end of life.

We have mouthed insults and blamed leadership for not giving us motivation. Baba Obasanjo has presented one. So to all those who want a restructuring of this country, going forward our chatter and noise and discussions must focus on subjects of contract renegotiation proposed by Baba Obasanjo.

We have put North on notice now. We must back it up with action in every forum discussion and on social media.
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 17, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Let's not get lost in the euphoria of the letter but we must concern ourselves on the tasks outlined for President Buhari by Baba Obasanjo.

A summary of the letter is that Nigeria cannot last much longer in the way it is trending and the President must quickly congregate eminent stakeholders around the country for input on what everyone wants.

In effect, saying a renegotiation of the union is the only safety net left to halt Nigeria's drift into its end of life.

We have mouthed insults and blamed leadership for not giving us motivation. Baba Obasanjo has presented one. So to all those who want a restructuring of this country, going forward our chatter and noise and discussions must focus on subjects of contract renegotiation proposed by Baba Obasanjo.

We have put North on notice now. We must back it up with action in every forum discussion and on social media.
Please why is metaphysical now sounding like Nnamdi Kanu / IPOB?

cc sarrki gaskiyamagana yarimo deomelo olawalesmarter0 juliusmalema madridguy gandollar lzaa yorubawarrior amatarasha nkwuocha Afamed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by tomakint: 2:36am On Jul 17, 2019
Well scripted by this elderstatesman
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by NCBMEDIA: 2:56am On Jul 17, 2019
Toni Braxton in Lagos for Prince Nduka Obaigbena's birthday|celebrity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfZNn5eWQCw
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by LZAA: 3:42am On Jul 17, 2019
immhotep:

Please why is metaphysical now sounding like Nnamdi Kanu / IPOB?

cc sarrki gaskiyamagana yarimo deomelo olawalesmarter0 juliusmalema madridguy gandollar lzaa yorubawarrior amatarasha nkwuocha Afamed
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 17, 2019
LZAA:

grin grin grin
I am still in shock.
Metaphysical is now an IPOB member

cc sarrki gaskiyamagana yarimo deomelo olawalesmarter0 juliusmalema madridguy gandollar yorubawarrior amatarasha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by 2sexycom(m): 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2019
LLMG:
To what end is this, is it of any use to the situation at hand right now. sometimes one can't help but wonder the way some Nigerians reason. It's a pity.

Read between the lines. He is paid to divert attention.
Re: Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) by sapientia(m): 4:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
nwakaibe:
FROM THE ARCHIVES: CHINUA ACHEBE'S LETTER TO OBASANJO (2004)

My Dear President Obasanjo,

I write this letter with a very heavy heart. For some time now I have watched events in Nigeria with alarm and dismay. I have watched particularly the chaos in my own state of Anambra where a small clique of renegades, openly boasting its connections in high places, seems determined to turn my homeland into a bankrupt and lawless fiefdom. I am appalled by the brazenness of this clique and the silence, if not connivance, of the Presidency.

Forty three years ago, at the first anniversary of Nigeria’s independence I was given the first Nigerian National Trophy for Literature. In 1979, I received two further honors – the Nigerian National Order of Merit and the Order of the Federal Republic – and in 1999 the first National Creativity Award.

I accepted all these honors fully aware that Nigeria was not perfect; but I had a strong belief that we would outgrow our shortcomings under leaders committed to uniting our diverse peoples.

Nigeria’s condition today under your watch is, however, too dangerous for silence. I must register my disappointment and protest by declining to accept the high honor awarded me in the 2004 Honors List.

Yours faithfully,

Chinua Achebe
Annandale-on-Hudson, New York

Where is Obasanjo's reply to the above letter?

If this is all your brain could come up with after reading this letter is this,

Then..

You are not amkng those listed by Obasanjo as the reason for making the letter public.

In which case.

You need help ASAP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Nwoye & APC Supporters In A Beer Parlour Chilling Anambra (Photos) / Court Refuses To Stop Labour Party's Presidential Rally In Lagos / Mohammed Gudaji Kazaure Pocketing His Ipad At Saudi Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.