Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Please Is It Compulsory I Serve After My First Degree?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Is It Compulsory I Serve After My First Degree?? (515 Views)

Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? / Download Sweet Sixteen by Bolaji Abdullahi JAMB 2020 [Compulsory English Novel] / Father Who Obtained His First Degree At 54 Celebrated By Daughter (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is It Compulsory I Serve After My First Degree?? by King1Baratheon(f): 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2019
Good day everyone.

I am in my finals and in some months time i'll be a graduate. I have made arrangements to continue my Master's study in one of Canada's top universities immediately I am done with my Bachelor's degree.

Now I want to ask if it's compulsory I do NYSC first before I travel out next year or if I shouldn't serve at all.

Which brings the question that how useful is the NYSC certificate when applying for a job because I don't really plan to work in Nigeria. My plan is to conclude my Master's and settle down in Canada immediately thereby forfeiting NYSC.
Re: Please Is It Compulsory I Serve After My First Degree?? by King1Baratheon(f): 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
My parents are objective, that I should serve first.

Please is it possible to do without the NYSC?... I've heard about struggles corpers go through and I am definitely not ready for that.
Re: Please Is It Compulsory I Serve After My First Degree?? by donbachi(m): 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
To serve nigeria is not by force...but,i will advice you go for it.you will meet new people,characters,nysc bobo,learn one or two things and make nigeria pay you for once.
Re: Please Is It Compulsory I Serve After My First Degree?? by Tolexander: 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2019
It is not compulsory if you don’t intend staying and working in Nigeria.
But no one knows tomorrow. You can be given an opportunity later in the future to come and chop the National cake like Kemi Adeosun. Without the NYSC discharge certificate, there may be problem. Though if you know how to pipe your way in with “large cash”, anything is achievable
Re: Please Is It Compulsory I Serve After My First Degree?? by King1Baratheon(f): 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2019
donbachi:
To serve nigeria is not by force...but,i will advice you go for it.you will meet new people,characters,nysc bobo,learn one or two things and make nigeria pay you for once.

I understand you but this is an open window for me to study in Canada next year. If I miss it, I'm not sure I'll have that chance again in two years time.

I think I'll forfeit NYSC.. I just hope it won't have any sort of effect on my qualifications.
Re: Please Is It Compulsory I Serve After My First Degree?? by King1Baratheon(f): 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2019
Tolexander:
It is not compulsory if you don’t intend staying and working in Nigeria.
But no one knows tomorrow. You can be given an opportunity later in the future to come and chop the National cake like Kemi Adeosun. Without the NYSC discharge certificate, there may be problem. Though if you know how to pipe your way in with “large cash”, anything is achievable

Wow, so you mean it's very much compulsory if I plan to work in Nigeria?
Re: Please Is It Compulsory I Serve After My First Degree?? by Tolexander: 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2019
King1Baratheon:

I understand you but this is an open window for me to study in Canada next year. If I miss it, I'm not sure I'll have that chance again in two years time.

I think I'll forfeit NYSC.. I just hope it won't have any sort of effect on my qualifications.
You can serve at anytime, so far your age is not yet 30years as at the time you finish schooling.

Anytime you feel like coming home in the future, you could decide to work it out with a top NYSC official and you get your certificate ready with a lot of cash anyway.

This is Nigeria where corruption is a powerful tool for the rich to get whatever they want
Re: Please Is It Compulsory I Serve After My First Degree?? by Tolexander: 8:59pm On Jul 15, 2019
King1Baratheon:

Wow, so you mean it's very much compulsory if I plan to work in Nigeria?
it is compulsory for the common man.
Re: Please Is It Compulsory I Serve After My First Degree?? by King1Baratheon(f): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2019
Tolexander:
You can serve at anytime, so far your age is not yet 30years as at the time you finish schooling.

Anytime you feel like coming home in the future, you could decide to work it out with a top NYSC official and you get your certificate ready with a lot of cash anyway.

This is Nigeria where corruption is a powerful tool for the rich to get whatever they want

Alright, thanks a lot for your input
Re: Please Is It Compulsory I Serve After My First Degree?? by donbachi(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2019
King1Baratheon:

ok.

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Announces Admission Deadlines For Public And Private Universities / Jamb Form 2020/2021 / What Professional Course Can I Do As A Biz Admin Graduate Asides CIPM Nd ICAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.