Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP (13401 Views)

Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award / Lionel Messi Wins Record Seventh Fifa Best Men's Player Award / Video- Lewis Hamilton Wins Italian Grandprix 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 16, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
I think this guy once dated one musician like that.. bad guy

Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by gwmlogistic: 6:43am On Jul 16, 2019
post=80309067:
Lewis Hamilton is to Formular One , what Messi, Ronaldo and Hazard are to the beautiful game of soccer!

The best in the game!
Hazard no suppose dey this your list, miles behind Messi and ronaldo
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by OfemGeomorph(m): 6:45am On Jul 16, 2019
ichidodo:
I would have loved Ferrari to win this and they have such stable engines....
So you think is stable engines that win race?
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by Kenturkey048(m): 6:47am On Jul 16, 2019
Pavore9:

Where many Nigerians will consider it a waste of fuel running around a circuit! cheesy cheesy
is it for free??
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 16, 2019
Congratulations to him[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by Oceannaagent: 6:48am On Jul 16, 2019
Will be interested if he overtakes Michael Schumacher

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by toprealman: 6:48am On Jul 16, 2019
post=80309067:
Lewis Hamilton is to Formular One , what Messi, Ronaldo and Hazard are to the beautiful game of soccer!

The best in the game!
How did you insert Hazard in that list?
He is very good, yes, but what has he won? Personal honours I mean.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by marvin906(m): 6:50am On Jul 16, 2019
F1 is becoming boring..
what's wrong with vettel self..
the fun thing I watched in this race is redbull and Ferrari fight from the pit to the track that was fun was expecting them to crash each other

Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by Buynowautos: 6:51am On Jul 16, 2019
Clean 2005 Mercedes Benz C320 4matic for sale. Location Egbeda Lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/5300464/clean-2005-mercedes-benz-c320

Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by marvin906(m): 6:54am On Jul 16, 2019
ednut1:
Getting boring honestly. Vettel where are thou

the real race is behind the pack not the front ..
front is now predictable
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by chiboy1116: 6:58am On Jul 16, 2019
post=80309067:

The best in the game!
u had to mention hazard? Lwkmd
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by ichidodo: 6:58am On Jul 16, 2019
OfemGeomorph:

So you think is stable engines that win race?
Hell Yeah...Most F1 engines are a fine balance of power and stability...Too much power and will you end up with an overshot engine which might not even finish a circuit not to talk of changing the engine with the attendant result of points being deducted. Too much stability and you will have a relatively 'slow' car the less said about it the better. Most car constructors try to find a trick balance to all of the these coupled with a driver with good engine management skills and racing strategies...Tis a very complex and complicated albeit exciting sports,this.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by zingo4real: 7:12am On Jul 16, 2019
Good morning nairalands. I want to start a bra and handbag business to support my siblings and myself financially. I have bought umbrella, umvrella stand and chair but i haven't buy the goods because of insufficient funds, i only have N5,000 remaining on me and i need N15,000 to make it N20,000 so i can go to the market and buy the goods. I'm begging nairalanders to help me raise the money. I want to start something doing, please help me, i don't the complete capital to start and i'v tried borrowing but i couldn't. Pls help me nairalanders, God will bless you all.
Acct no: 0871103281,
Name: Onubuiyi Ngozi Gloria,
Bank: Eco bank
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by princeade86(m): 7:20am On Jul 16, 2019
lonelydora:
Lewis, the fastest driver on earth. The GOAT of motoGP
Michael Schumacher. the real GOAT
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by lonelydora: 7:21am On Jul 16, 2019
princeade86:
Michael Schumacher. the real GOAT

Yeeeeeessssss! I forgot, bro
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by Kubiatrealer(m): 7:44am On Jul 16, 2019
overdrive:
Time for him to retire when the ovation is still very loud before his village people will remember him.
Nigeria man���
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by djoe21(m): 8:02am On Jul 16, 2019
post=80309067:

The best in the game!

Please leave it at Messi. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by djoe21(m): 8:05am On Jul 16, 2019
overdrive:
Time for him to retire when the ovation is still very loud before his village people will remember him.

How can you say he should retire now when he still has Schumacher's record to beat.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by djoe21(m): 8:08am On Jul 16, 2019
ThisTrend:

Nicki Minaj � that still dating tho.

They are not dating.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by AerialMapper: 8:08am On Jul 16, 2019
casdoruche:
The guy on d left be like

Na me suppose get am

Well he was supposed to get it. His two stop strategy and a safety car did not do him any favors. Lewis couldn't make the pass in the first 2 Laps.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by ritux: 8:23am On Jul 16, 2019
ichidodo:

Are you a fan of F1 and do you watch every F1 race?

If yes, then you should not make this statement because in terms of engine reliability, Mercedes has always outclassed Ferrari for the last 5 seasons. Apart from the last race in Austria where Lewis car had some overheating issues, the last major failure on a Mercedes car was back in 2016 when Lewis engine caught fire during the race and he was leading Nico Rosberg in that race. On the other hand, Ferrari has had several engine failures that made their driver abandon the race or cost them a podium place. Recently was Leclerc in the 3rd race of this season when he was leading Hamilton with over 20secs and 5 laps or so to go and Hamilton ended up winning the young chap.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by ritux: 8:25am On Jul 16, 2019
casdoruche:
The guy on d left be like

Na me suppose get am

Actually, I think he should have won if not for the safety car that came in and played into Hamilton ‘s favour.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by ichidodo: 8:28am On Jul 16, 2019
ritux:

Are you a fan of F1 and do you watch every F1 race?

If yes, then you should not make this statement because in terms of engine reliability, Mercedes has always outclassed Ferrari for the last 5 seasons. Apart from the last race in Austria where Lewis car had some overheating issues, the last major failure on a Mercedes car was back in 2016 when Lewis engine caught fire during the race and he was leading Nico Rosberg in that race. On the other hand, Ferrari has had several engine failures that made their driver abandon the race or cost them a podium place. Recently was Leclerc in the 3rd race of this season when he was leading Hamilton with over 20secs and 5 laps or so to go and Hamilton ended up winning the young chap.
That's just rubbish,Mercedes have always outclassed Ferrari because they have very good drivers and team strategists....that's all.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by ritux: 8:35am On Jul 16, 2019
Oceannaagent:
Will be interested if he overtakes Michael Schumacher

There is 70% chance he will do it by the end of next season. He is 11 short of Michael Schumacher. We have 11 more races before the end of this season. If he can win 5 out of this 11 and get 6 out of the 21 races of next season, he will equal it.

LH44 is the GOAT.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by rossi49ja(m): 8:39am On Jul 16, 2019
lonelydora:
Lewis, the fastest driver on earth. The GOAT of motoGP
I do hope you know that motoGP is way different from formula1. MotoGP is bike racing and formula1 is car racing.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by ritux: 8:40am On Jul 16, 2019
ichidodo:
That's just rubbish,Mercedes have always outclassed Ferrari because they have very good drivers and team strategists....that's all.

I agree with you in terms of their strategy and the quality of of their driver (Hamilton). Bottas is not good. Put Bottas in a red bull car or a Ferrari car, he cannot still match Hamilton. Bring any of the young chaps into a Mercedes car and see how they perform. He has not given Hamilton the kind of fight Nico did before retiring. I will pick Vettel ahead of Bottas any day.

But then, in terms of car reliability, Mercedes is far ahead of Ferrari.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by ritux: 8:47am On Jul 16, 2019
ichidodo:
Hell Yeah...Most F1 engines are a fine balance of power and stability...Too much power and will you end up with an overshot engine which might not even finish a circuit not to talk of changing the engine with the attendant result of points being deducted. Too much stability and you will have a relatively 'slow' car the less said about it the better. Most car constructors try to find a trick balance to all of the these coupled with a driver with good engine management skills and racing strategies...Tis a very complex and complicated albeit exciting sports,this.

On point

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by ritux: 8:51am On Jul 16, 2019
overdrive:

He still got like 3 solid seasons left in him. That is if Mercedes continues to bring their A game.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by ichidodo: 8:53am On Jul 16, 2019
ritux:

I agree with you in terms of their strategy and the quality of of their driver (Hamilton). Bottas is not good. Put Bottas in a red bull car or a Ferrari car, he cannot still match Hamilton. Bring any of the young chaps into a Mercedes car and see how they perform. He has not given Hamilton the kind of fight Nico did before retiring. I will pick Vettel ahead of Bottas any day.

But then, in terms of car reliability, Mercedes is far ahead of Ferrari.
Let's just agree to disagree but let me remind you that Bottas is just a side act, a journey man driver that has been hired to act as a prop but not as a direct rival to Hamilton (something the Mercedes chiefs mentioned about not wanting to hurt Hamilton thereby disrupting team harmony and all) but stick Leclerc inside a Mercedes and we will have a great competition in our hands. The problem is the young man hasn't quite got the experience but he's a damn good driver and its only a matter of time he leaves Hamilton in his dust.....Inside a Ferrari.
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by ritux: 9:01am On Jul 16, 2019
ichidodo:
Let's just agree to disagree but let me remind you that Bottas is just a side act, a journey man driver that has been hired to act as a prop but not as a direct rival to Hamilton (something the Mercedes chiefs mentioned about not wanting to hurt Hamilton thereby disrupting team harmony and all) but stick Leclerc inside a Mercedes and we will have a great competition in our hands. The problem is the young man hasn't quite got the experience but he's a damn good driver and its only a matter of time he leaves Hamilton in his dust...

Don’t let Bottas see the first part of this post lol @ journey man. Yeah, Mercedes doesn’t want that kind of rivalry that happened between Lewis and Nico thereby causing team disharmony. Remember 2016 Spanish GP.

I will rather have Max Verstappen as Mercedes second driver than Leclerc. Before leclerc will leave Hamilton in the dust, Hamilton would have retired. Hamilton is just waiting to beat Michael Schumacher record before retiring which he will do hopefully before the end of 2020.

I will like to see Hamilton in a Ferrari car though. At least for a season. Like they say in football, if you have not played for Real Madrid, forget it.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by farouk2much(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2019
This hamilton na my friend b4
Re: Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP by ritux: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2019
ichidodo:

You see what I meant by Ferrari always having stability issues. After topping all the practice section, see what happened to their cars in qualifying today in the German GP. Both Vettel and Leclerc had problems with their cars. Reliability.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NFF Releases Funeral Schedule For Keshi / 2018 World Cup: Elite Referees To Earn N25 Million / NFF Signs Thomas Dennerby For Super Falcons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.