Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

My Own Short Letter - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Own Short Letter (301 Views)

We Are On Our Own: Short Documentary On The Killing Of Christians Under APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Own Short Letter by archangel1(m): 10:59am On Jul 16, 2019
Dear Christian Leaders,
While obj writes to Mr. president, I choose to write you because Christianity is my constituency as far as religious divide is concerned in Nigeria.

It beats my imagination the rate at which a section of our prominent Christian leaders are keeping mute over the rising insecurity in the country. Apart from CAN, Catholic bishops conference(and individual bishops) and some modicum of Anglican bishops and one pastor Suleman, It seems other 'prominent' Christian leaders among you are shying sway from the scourge bedevilling our country today. Some of you will choose to talk only when a member ,a prominent citizen is a victim or perhaps, when you are forced to talk by the masses and pressmen. All these are part of indices that the sanctity of human life is eroding our society.

Recently, I saw a 'one million march' threat from RCCG leader during the time of Jonathan administration over the spate of kidnappings in the country and we which was very commendable then. Honestly, when one looks around today and juxtapose the security situations when this threat was made and that of today, one will continue imagine the objectivity of certain public criticisms that had surfaced in the past.
That a particular Christian denomination or bloc has a prominent member in a particular government is not enough for one to remain silent when innocent lives are wasted almost daily to senseless and unscrupulous killings in the land. Whenever there is rising insecurity in Nigeria intrinsically, Government is to be held responsible because it is well enshrined in the law book of the land about the primary responsibility of government .
Let you, our prominent Christian leaders continue to engage the government of the day consistently until a certain stability is gained in our security fabrics. Let those who talked before continue to talk or else the whole thing becomes hypocrisy and inconsistency so long as human lives are involved.

Yours sincerely,
Archangel1
Re: My Own Short Letter by uduokirika1(m): 10:32pm On Jul 16, 2019
nice one
we hope to hear their voices loud and clear

1 Like

Re: My Own Short Letter by archangel1(m): 11:46am On Jul 17, 2019
uduokirika1:
nice one

we hope to hear their voices loud and clear
Sometimes they felt to understand status of their offices and the crowd they command.

(1) (Reply)

Niger: Gunmen kidnap Ag. LG Chairman's wife, demand N100m ransom / Fake Woman Beggar Arrested In Anambra State / I Raped My Daughter To Test Her Virginity, Father Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.